where is drop off at dhs?

Jennygt

DIS Veteran
We are renting a van but I have heard that the walk from the parking lot to the entrance has become very long? Can I drop my mom and her wheel chair off close at dhs? I was thinking of using the minivan service for this park, do they get to drop off closer? Thank you!

We are renting a van but I have heard that the walk from the parking lot to the entrance has become very long? Can I drop my mom and her wheelchair off close at DHS? I was thinking of using the minivan service for this park, do they get to drop off closer? Thank you!

I don't have personal experience with your question since I use the Disney Bus System, but I have some ideas for you. And I don't what your timeframe is for your vacation as the DHS construction is moving along quickly.

The new DHS's Accessible Parking Lot is now open and the new Disney Tram section is under construction.

If you have time, you could have your mother request her physician for a Disability Car Tag to use with your van with the State and City and County that she lives in and follow their procedure of obtaining one. That way you could park closer using DHS's Accessible Parking Lot that you will be driving her in and park in the DHS's Accessible Parking Lot.

Or you could ask the Parking Cast Member if you could drive through the DHS's Accessible Parking Lot to let your mother and her wheelchair off and then go park in the regular parking lot.

upload_2018-9-2_11-18-13-png.347738

https://www.disboards.com/attachments/upload_2018-9-2_11-18-13-png.347738/

The red triangle shows where the tram was dropping guests off while the new tram lot is being built. This is an older photo because the DHS's Accessible Parking Lot has been completed. Everything below the tram drop-off is regular parking.

The blue line shows where guests walk to the DHS main entrance.

I don't think that the Disney Minnie Vans can get any closer until the new Disney Bus Stops open up in the future.

FiD-JgXGBvyx_aU4LP3jesbzw-NnLkKU8sCo6YYctEOLaYoAAqmX1nMlVHam-g78iwwTMVwBJ9jNAIVp1YA86kaXPSCrU1FWzmQ7gXDl6PJj7NahTz92_uMmHRX1LbrDtyiKclFgqgboeMcX_1EnLeSDmfqJtcbwFgqSU9Fj6OmgggsZgipHPbEQCUvmht_LlEEzvRBSZZtiBbz_mOJgZIpfaDRVwTj6ef0kXzn2OOBI2oH_98e9rm-pds1y-PDD9ydWLiu0fUkMZsuxDdRf1Hn-nHGTI0r2ezbxR231H511In7Gj7HSQPFWlG5f51lSof7CsCFCVAP75QqiEkDbtpdKAHZQTECsFCc0pSAdQe6HnZVcyXPH447bxxu2RCD9NLb5HWW6LuOBILjIDFJNi32paZd-nCms2BPNwmkc7ume05OBnmV1L9m2Jx-lDXz7EU8ckecw_VzRg3MSh_7F9-gHh1NugDdrT66RkuCdxCa2ha0zhAlONie2poSLuslTJ2neUZgWFWcey2q6kxwxrZptz0uGk4z34UlcFEzix0PWM36f2bvLVMoEihUwSPgcHX1IVypqLTMElijZ_xz-7VG0De_FoTMGH-y8PMEm4OpNr0XrDrDJDTHqWvCHv1siJC7vBrQfGNLakURtgcrcCaW9=w1200-h675-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/F...vCHv1siJC7vBrQfGNLakURtgcrcCaW9=w1200-h675-no

This recent photo shows how close the DHS's Accessible Parking Lot is to the entrance. Especially the lower, right corner. If you are allowed to drive her to that corner, you would be closer than if she was able to use the gondola which is not open yet.

I don't think parking at the Swan or Dolphin or Boardwalk or Yacht or Beach Club Resorts would put you any closer if you parked and took the boat to DHS. You would have to park at the resort and go to the resort and then outside to the dock.

Maybe someone else has better info for you and will post their ideas here, too.

Last edited:
Or you could ask the Parking Cast Member if you could drive through the DHS's Accessible Parking Lot to let your mother and her wheelchair off and then go park in the regular parking lot.

I don't think parking at the Swan or Dolphin or Boardwalk or Yacht or Beach Club Resorts would put you any closer if you parked and took the boat to DHS. You would have to park at the resort and go to the resort and then outside to the dock.

I would go with the first option - or ask to park at the end nearest the trams. You really can't even do the second, because parking at a resort to visit a park is not allowed.

I forgot completely that she has a permanent disability car tag already. Looks like that parking location is very reasonable. Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it!

Um, are you sure? The blue line looks like it goes right to the water...

pCiqSJsaldM9UuFqE8sdhQ0lUOgoUyZRaiTL1Mr3SKZ9KkS7C8magKTmkXH--pFfoWQZ68uS1PGTvnyuW_QaJ8iIZtb1UYa3xHn8W-tj3sIPLTyMw74QwkKGXbTZ6Lf4CfQLjnYnF_LiM8MO44stzpHR9-yClPllrGbFayDrK7J1SRdlPSvEiRzwg6ak3-tbU2pUjKsYDILoH3Lz4QTrMmGleOPp-e7eIs2txwQPju_cQmB5Kr_D1VUY6viq9fqanOMWpasvYsX9_w4heE5sHO0XY9ppX_QthKRDHAdYMrz-xfJYiLWuqAEy6zivmYF8Gvz_C5ev3dFje0OpRhbeEFWO4JGplGEs-lPuTZdF7yybKXFAuT5G6QbBQmI0xLbE-_iHhZ56WER5X9oibeipOdEBLBmJ_qutUECxH7UdUbfAUer_6Qkxn_vFPGC3yqwmxqMQpinuCZBaqZWnEFqTUaHIjj0h4WzNao-yTBErUabdVejjt7ozl8L8SzYdbVeioQuAEPpcg_rQZ0YFcL04JF9oSNUsLbtgXRY2dnMOMJP1EGgmAOdeFZuerzBlyy6hU1Iy4DLFIZi8CdKHe9rRV1wLyba4gStsM7RmOZ4bhnRWuejYxDs6v_VmPWLf8yF7Fj6R_IpX8OxWIJDRBZZlOTm2=w767-h259-no

Ha...ha...ha! Yes, I am. The older photo with the blue line was made to show where the Disney Tram drops off guests during the construction at the time until the Disney Tram construction is completed. It also shows the path with the blue line for those that had not been since the destruction of the old Disney Tram area for construction. The photo was also in relation to the new temporary bus stop area and where guests had to walk without a blue line. The DHS entrance is not in this photo because of the above statement.

4etnSWxZx0fuczIhDBFlqxbV8yUh3eLTY68YBdgDYRYdIlZhS9SAIkSeTmJokeGFOc_KJftMLzrxqxQj5XjabUXF_Nt280B_guHxBDI-vb8zxgZu9dYOApl0U3uQXOfcKsGvHyHjb3pU5gK1OnlnbypvOXhZtmRTb3XeNB_i8wcGE3R0j3aWP_yWKKwH247Xrpwj8wzzjVvcZYkyDK0lAZ2PIY8PV8WO9MI8ncR_bolsGuBQb3C0vpytkLjQUbyyE4KM3BAiPTdi7OtVDkFTtk4Xi42XpugmhNOxsiQkchQG2Aj58lBAEC-RHyH6IerxjAABCbNiLI9YJwb5GgUWEhxbQvl-EvX3krOazJ9DGUwJ9bjDJczb1HyuRzqrnZz-3j4-CIwWmYJ8NAhwuIjAESIO2oPTfpj4Q1Dv-lE_JkDGp3tiWJen5eYcWBgWiR2-Mv_EOOIfdI2g6BEGbqaBM6hD66mnSkE5STJe-3CRBSoJ_i5MV2AqLtULlK0Lpj_WQP3ZO_e8l9VkoYCCfBnQjCHxCJ_RLO6NoMA1qcV0qvSQUCQTZhamntlNT2CNY5HNrIBtfS6UaGaRn73iiympzRQY0bbaN8r5TUCTR32Jq8-_hUqXbT77ALUGCBZwhbQdKJZ4rSvHzOs1d0nlE0ceAeOG=w1200-h675-no

Here is a newer better photo of the DHS entrance. You can also see where the guests from the tram and disability parking and temporary bus and now open sidewalk combine to walk to the DHS entrance.

Last edited:
I forgot completely that she has a permanent disability car tag already. Looks like that parking location is very reasonable. Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it!

4etnSWxZx0fuczIhDBFlqxbV8yUh3eLTY68YBdgDYRYdIlZhS9SAIkSeTmJokeGFOc_KJftMLzrxqxQj5XjabUXF_Nt280B_guHxBDI-vb8zxgZu9dYOApl0U3uQXOfcKsGvHyHjb3pU5gK1OnlnbypvOXhZtmRTb3XeNB_i8wcGE3R0j3aWP_yWKKwH247Xrpwj8wzzjVvcZYkyDK0lAZ2PIY8PV8WO9MI8ncR_bolsGuBQb3C0vpytkLjQUbyyE4KM3BAiPTdi7OtVDkFTtk4Xi42XpugmhNOxsiQkchQG2Aj58lBAEC-RHyH6IerxjAABCbNiLI9YJwb5GgUWEhxbQvl-EvX3krOazJ9DGUwJ9bjDJczb1HyuRzqrnZz-3j4-CIwWmYJ8NAhwuIjAESIO2oPTfpj4Q1Dv-lE_JkDGp3tiWJen5eYcWBgWiR2-Mv_EOOIfdI2g6BEGbqaBM6hD66mnSkE5STJe-3CRBSoJ_i5MV2AqLtULlK0Lpj_WQP3ZO_e8l9VkoYCCfBnQjCHxCJ_RLO6NoMA1qcV0qvSQUCQTZhamntlNT2CNY5HNrIBtfS6UaGaRn73iiympzRQY0bbaN8r5TUCTR32Jq8-_hUqXbT77ALUGCBZwhbQdKJZ4rSvHzOs1d0nlE0ceAeOG=w1200-h675-no

That is great. You can see from the photo that the right top corner is the closest place to park near the DHS entrance. The earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon you might have a better chance to get closer to that corner area in the photo below. If you want to visit the Boardwalk or other EPCOT resorts the same day or night, you could take the DHS Friendship boats which are very close to the DHS entrance, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!