Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

All 3 of us going home with bad colds! I coughed all night and David didn't even go to the 2nd park yesterday! Can't wait for some chicken soup! GooD trip; didn't do everything we'd planned but definitely did enough! Last stop for me was gingerbread display in AA. Had the pavillion in gingerbread...so pretty!

20221201_192823.jpg20221201_192811.jpg

Last edited:

China or Japan?

i-cNP3j8Z-Th.jpg

No Ma'am...not from China or Japan either. :tink:

Glad you had a good trip.

Well...for the first time ever we've come home from a trip sicker than we've been in a long time! Afraid it's a little more than the "bad colds" we thought. My guess if flu or Covid :headache: ; David and I were going to go to the walk in clinic in Brenham this morning but we couldn't make it. He said he didn't have the strength to drive there and I just wanted to sleep. In fact, I slept 14 hours straight! Went to bed at 11 last night and didn't get out of bed until 1:30 this afternoon...and that was a struggle. You know I'm not feeling well when I can say I haven't even looked at any of my photos yet! :rotfl: That's usually the first thing I do when we get back! Bad body aches, "chesty" cough that I try to avoid since my throat hurts SO bad from "coughing all night" on Thursday, bad headache, queasy stomach...classic flu symptoms...and we both had flu shots! Amanda's finally feeling better...her most miserable day was Tuesday. Hoping we get a little energy back tomorrow but we've both been USELESS today! Thoughts on the trip when I'm able to think again :goodvibes; I WILL say the "projected crowd calendar" was WAY OFF! :headache: :tink:

"Miss Center Stage" with her Brenham dance team friends at the Annual Christmas Parade. Missed begin there in person 😕:

1670138726727.png:tink:

Well...for the first time ever we've come home from a trip sicker than we've been in a long time! Afraid it's a little more than the "bad colds" we thought. My guess if flu or Covid :headache: ; David and I were going to go to the walk in clinic in Brenham this morning but we couldn't make it. He said he didn't have the strength to drive there and I just wanted to sleep. In fact, I slept 14 hours straight! Went to bed at 11 last night and didn't get out of bed until 1:30 this afternoon...and that was a struggle. You know I'm not feeling well when I can say I haven't even looked at any of my photos yet! :rotfl: That's usually the first thing I do when we get back! Bad body aches, "chesty" cough that I try to avoid since my throat hurts SO bad from "coughing all night" on Thursday, bad headache, queasy stomach...classic flu symptoms...and we both had flu shots! Amanda's finally feeling better...her most miserable day was Tuesday. Hoping we get a little energy back tomorrow but we've both been USELESS today! Thoughts on the trip when I'm able to think again :goodvibes; I WILL say the "projected crowd calendar" was WAY OFF! :headache: :tink:

Oh no I hope you feel better soon. :flower3:Sounds like the flu. I hope it’s not covid. Feel better.

Is it in a country? Is it part of a garden or topiary display?

Not much better today; a lot of chest pressure, stuffy head and headache. Checking first thing in the morning for an appointment with my doctor. Will be very surprised if there's one available; may end up at the walk in clinic which I hate! :rolleyes:

i-cNP3j8Z-Th.jpg

Yes, it's from a garden area of a country, not a topiary display. I took the photo during the Flower & Garden Festival but these gardens are always there. Not China, Japan, Canada, Italy, AA or UK. :scratchin :tink:

Not much better today; a lot of chest pressure, stuffy head and headache. Checking first thing in the morning for an appointment with my doctor. Will be very surprised if there's one available; may end up at the walk in clinic which I hate! :rolleyes:

i-cNP3j8Z-Th.jpg

Yes, it's from a garden area of a country, not a topiary display. I took the photo during the Flower & Garden Festival but these gardens are always there. Not China, Japan, Canada, Italy, AA or UK. :scratchin :tink:

France? Mexico?

Hopefully you can get in to see the dr tomorrow. At least you waited until you got home to feel sick and not during your trip.

Hate that you got sick. We have been annual passholders for over 30 years, and yes the week after Thanksgiving & the week after Christmas are always the busiest in the parks. We thought we would be safe going this past weekend, but it was still crazy busy. Hope you feel better soon.

Hate that you got sick. We have been annual passholders for over 30 years, and yes the week after Thanksgiving & the week after Christmas are always the busiest in the parks. We thought we would be safe going this past weekend, but it was still crazy busy. Hope you feel better soon.

We were expecting crowds Friday-Sunday but crowd calendar I looked at before we booked showed "really low" crowds the next week! 🤣 Disney Springs on Friday was busy but we tried to leave before the "evening crowd" arrived. Plus...we were SO tired! 5 hours sleep the Wednesday before Thanksgiving; 4 hours on Friday before our 7 AM flight and we ready to get back, unpack and go to bed. Saturday at AK wasn't "crowded" but had pretty long waits. Dinosaur was the shortest, only about 30 minutes but Safari was 45. We ate lunch after that and went back to the resort until later. Night crowd was awful. We opted for Na'vi River Ride since Amanda can't do FoP and she'd never been on that one. It was over an hour which included a couple of delays for ride malfunction. We were expecting a crowded Epcot on Sunday but did Remi at rope drop and it was only a little over 30 minutes. Our plan was to do Frozen next but it was down until mid-afternoon and the wait time at one point was 120 minutes when it started so we missed that one. Soarin', Living With the Land and Test Track weren't bad and SSE was a walk on in the evening. We were expecting lighter crowds starting Monday but didn't happen...anytime!

Amanda started feeling her "cold" Tuesday afternoon. That was our party day and she stuck it out but was pretty miserable. We witnessed a lot of "coughing, sneezing, etc.". The friend of another Disboard's friend came down with the flu during his trip. Amanda left Wednesday morning and her flight was miserable but she made it. David spent 75% of Thursday in bed. He went to HS about an hour but couldn't continue. Forced himself to get up in the evening and pack. I was SO tired; coughed all Wednesday night but felt better during the day. Woke up Friday morning with a VERY stuffy head and it's been downhill since. David stayed home from work today. I had an awful night last night; gave myself a "panic attack" when I couldn't breathe at 2 AM and was extremely dizzy from the stuffy head. FINALLY found a doctor's appointment available tomorrow morning at 8; not with my regular doctor (she's booked up ALL week) but at this point I took what I could get. I'm still so dizzy I won't even let myself drive. David had to run a few errands for me this morning. It's been a long time since since I've had a cold that's THIS bad! :headache::tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter