Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

My father always buys me a lottery ticket for my birthday. It's a pick three number usually my birthday 608. This year he played my age and guess what number came out.:headache: 608 :headache: I think the payout would have been $500.:headache:

"There's no place like home". :lovestruc Great family trip but even better to get back home. But OH what work we have ahead of us the next few weeks as we continue the remodeling. Painting is done for now; touchups later after floor is done and "paint smell" is still very much an issue; drives David NUTS! Doesn't bother me a whole lot except for a headache this evening but that could be from being SO tired! :faint: Watched the sunrise over Bay Lake every morning except today...we "slept in" until 6:30! :faint: SO ready for Disney to bring the Fastpass back! In order to do ANY of the popular lines without an hours wait we had to be at rope drop and get to as many as possible before 9 AM! Last week wasn't so bad but beginning on Sunday crowds really picked up. AND IT WAS HOT, HOT, HOT even for us "seasoned Texans"! :sunny: We've had such a "cool" spring it was like jumping in a HOT TUB at Disney World. Wasn't expecting that so early in the summer. Lots to say about the trip, some not so good...a little "irritated" with Disney on some points. So are a lot of people; spoke with a nice gentleman from Arizona a few times at the Resort and he said many times "Walt is rolling in his grave". 😟 The "magic" is still there but, at some times, you have to LOOK for it. 😏 Enough on that for now; this Disney fan has GOT to get to bed...keep "tripping over my feet" :rotfl2: this evening and actually fell asleep on the car trip home from the airport as I was sending a text to Amanda. :rotfl2: Allie and Katie laughed REALLY HARD over that....and they just sat there in the back seat with me and let me sleep! :rotfl: Have 4,000 "give or take" pictures from this trip but may be a few days before I get any transferred to Smugmug for use here. Want to go through them before I put that many photographs on the computer and delete bad ones....and some I have 3-4-5 pictures off! :rolleyes1 I think I might have taken a picture of the waterfall at the WL EVERY time I walked by it! SO beautiful! So here's an "old crop" to get us going again...

i-Q9QLsxC-Th.jpg
:tink:

I TOTALLY AGREE! It's annoying as hell, isn't it? 😂🤣😅 :tink:

When my pictures go sideways I go back and crop them so they are not so tall and that fixes the problem.

"There's no place like home". :lovestruc Great family trip but even better to get back home. But OH what work we have ahead of us the next few weeks as we continue the remodeling. Painting is done for now; touchups later after floor is done and "paint smell" is still very much an issue; drives David NUTS! Doesn't bother me a whole lot except for a headache this evening but that could be from being SO tired! :faint: Watched the sunrise over Bay Lake every morning except today...we "slept in" until 6:30! :faint: SO ready for Disney to bring the Fastpass back! In order to do ANY of the popular lines without an hours wait we had to be at rope drop and get to as many as possible before 9 AM! Last week wasn't so bad but beginning on Sunday crowds really picked up. AND IT WAS HOT, HOT, HOT even for us "seasoned Texans"! :sunny: We've had such a "cool" spring it was like jumping in a HOT TUB at Disney World. Wasn't expecting that so early in the summer. Lots to say about the trip, some not so good...a little "irritated" with Disney on some points. So are a lot of people; spoke with a nice gentleman from Arizona a few times at the Resort and he said many times "Walt is rolling in his grave". 😟 The "magic" is still there but, at some times, you have to LOOK for it. 😏 Enough on that for now; this Disney fan has GOT to get to bed...keep "tripping over my feet" :rotfl2: this evening and actually fell asleep on the car trip home from the airport as I was sending a text to Amanda. :rotfl2: Allie and Katie laughed REALLY HARD over that....and they just sat there in the back seat with me and let me sleep! :rotfl: Have 4,000 "give or take" pictures from this trip but may be a few days before I get any transferred to Smugmug for use here. Want to go through them before I put that many photographs on the computer and delete bad ones....and some I have 3-4-5 pictures off! :rolleyes1 I think I might have taken a picture of the waterfall at the WL EVERY time I walked by it! SO beautiful! So here's an "old crop" to get us going again...

i-Q9QLsxC-Th.jpg
:tink:

Sorry your trip wasn't perfect. I had a really nice time in Feb. The crowds weren't bad. The parks opened at 9 am so it wasn't hard to be there at rope drop. Was actually in the park riding rides by 8:30. It wasn't so hot in Feb. of course. I felt like they needed more staff everywhere. For the money you are paying, it should be perfect.

Is your crop from a park, resort or other?

I just got back this morning. Everything went smoothly had a great time. But it's so urban and congested out there SO much traffic. SO much construction! Glad I don't live out there!

Back to the game.

Where was this?

When my pictures go sideways I go back and crop them so they are not so tall and that fixes the problem.

Sorry your trip wasn't perfect. I had a really nice time in Feb. The crowds weren't bad. The parks opened at 9 am so it wasn't hard to be there at rope drop. Was actually in the park riding rides by 8:30. It wasn't so hot in Feb. of course. I felt like they needed more staff everywhere. For the money you are paying, it should be perfect.

Is your crop from a park, resort or other?

I have no earthly idea how to crop a phone picture. 😅 Maybe I can get Allie to show me sometime this summer. No trip is ever "perfect" 😉 but Disney could do a lot better in attempting to make it so. HUGE complaint I heard more than once, "price for tickets should be REDUCED since there are fewer things offered". As many people I visited with said, "Walt is rolling in his grave". I heard that more this trip than EVER. We encountered some WONDERFUL CM's but they're all "swamped" due to lack of help. I felt really bad for some of them. The young lady in charge of the Mobile Order Pickup at Docking Bay deserved a $10 an hour raise in our opinion. Sweet "young thing from farm country" as she said had to deal with a LOT when the "monsoon" hit the day we were there. She had people trying to sneak past her without orders just to get in out of the rain; she'd have to "go after" them leaving her post unmanned all this time standing in the doorway in POURING rain...and some weren't very kind to her when she had to say "no, I'm sorry". The CM that waited on us at Kona actually went to get rubber gloves and disinfectant cloths just so she could take a picture of our family with my camera (still not suppose to do that). Our server at Oga's was MARVELEOUS...we laughed SO hard; "Great Aunt Janice" at Prime Time was a "gem" and brought us an anniversary cupcake even after I told her "thanks but we're ordering the chocolate peanut butter cake". Then there was the CM in The Emporium who was rude to just about everyone asking questions as we tried to figure out the "maze" she had set up for checkout :crazy:;. A lot of the CM's in charge of checkout didn't even acknowledge the customer...just grabbed the merchandise and started scanning. The CM's working the MK Starbuck's were really unfriendly; granted the system they have set up in that place left a lot to be desired and they were pretty stressed but all they had to do was make guests wait longer OUTSIDE to control the crowd. At one point when I was in line there were 16 people on one side that had ordered and were just standing around waiting. I had ONE Starbuck's the entire trip; after that first experience I used Joffrey's the rest of the trip. We DID appreciate the "unscheduled EMH" but there were a TON of people wishing they'd have made the extra hour an evening thing! Would have been SO much cooler in the park at 10 PM as opposed to 7 AM! David was actually more "vocal" about his disappointment in some things than any of us! :rolleyes: We were all talking in our room on the last morning over breakfast and Sara said she just couldn't "put her finger on it" but it just wasn't the "old Disney she knew and remembered".

i-Q9QLsxC-Th.jpg

This is from a park. :tink:

I just got back this morning. Everything went smoothly had a great time. But it's so urban and congested out there SO much traffic. SO much construction! Glad I don't live out there!

Back to the game.

Where was this?

View attachment 581240

I'm pretty grateful for a little "peace and quiet" too again! :cloud9: Saw your Facebook pictures...adorable grandbabies! :lovestruc

I'll take a wild guess and start with Figment in Imagination. The living room in the upside down section? :tink:

I have no earthly idea how to crop a phone picture. 😅 Maybe I can get Allie to show me sometime this summer. No trip is ever "perfect" 😉 but Disney could do a lot better in attempting to make it so. HUGE complaint I heard more than once, "price for tickets should be REDUCED since there are fewer things offered". As many people I visited with said, "Walt is rolling in his grave". I heard that more this trip than EVER. We encountered some WONDERFUL CM's but they're all "swamped" due to lack of help. I felt really bad for some of them. The young lady in charge of the Mobile Order Pickup at Docking Bay deserved a $10 an hour raise in our opinion. Sweet "young thing from farm country" as she said had to deal with a LOT when the "monsoon" hit the day we were there. She had people trying to sneak past her without orders just to get in out of the rain; she'd have to "go after" them leaving her post unmanned all this time standing in the doorway in POURING rain...and some weren't very kind to her when she had to say "no, I'm sorry". The CM that waited on us at Kona actually went to get rubber gloves and disinfectant cloths just so she could take a picture of our family with my camera (still not suppose to do that). Our server at Oga's was MARVELEOUS...we laughed SO hard; "Great Aunt Janice" at Prime Time was a "gem" and brought us an anniversary cupcake even after I told her "thanks but we're ordering the chocolate peanut butter cake". Then there was the CM in The Emporium who was rude to just about everyone asking questions as we tried to figure out the "maze" she had set up for checkout :crazy:;. A lot of the CM's in charge of checkout didn't even acknowledge the customer...just grabbed the merchandise and started scanning. The CM's working the MK Starbuck's were really unfriendly; granted the system they have set up in that place left a lot to be desired and they were pretty stressed but all they had to do was make guests wait longer OUTSIDE to control the crowd. At one point when I was in line there were 16 people on one side that had ordered and were just standing around waiting. I had ONE Starbuck's the entire trip; after that first experience I used Joffrey's the rest of the trip. We DID appreciate the "unscheduled EMH" but there were a TON of people wishing they'd have made the extra hour an evening thing! Would have been SO much cooler in the park at 10 PM as opposed to 7 AM! David was actually more "vocal" about his disappointment in some things than any of us! :rolleyes: We were all talking in our room on the last morning over breakfast and Sara said she just couldn't "put her finger on it" but it just wasn't the "old Disney she knew and remembered".

i-Q9QLsxC-Th.jpg

MK attraction?

i-Q9QLsxC-Th.jpg

Epcot? WS?

I didn't see you complain about the busses or transportation. I have seen a lot of complaints about not being able to get on the first, or second! bus and having to wait like over an hour to get a bus. Only 6 groups allowed on a bus. But of course I had a car so I never got on a bus. I took the Skyliner just for fun when there wasn't a line. But, I've heard the gondolas have broken down a couple of times too. Hope the fire alarm didn't go off at your resort. That was a problem the week before you left.

And it is more expensive than ever. $2,500+ for 7 nights and a 6 day ticket at Coronado Springs in Feb. But in Disneyland it is $4,400+ for 5 nights and a 4 day ticket at the Grand Californian :eek: I really want to go to Disneyland this fall.

I didn't see you complain about the busses or transportation. I have seen a lot of complaints about not being able to get on the first, or second! bus and having to wait like over an hour to get a bus. Only 6 groups allowed on a bus. But of course I had a car so I never got on a bus. I took the Skyliner just for fun when there wasn't a line. But, I've heard the gondolas have broken down a couple of times too. Hope the fire alarm didn't go off at your resort. That was a problem the week before you left.

And it is more expensive than ever. $2,500+ for 7 nights and a 6 day ticket at Coronado Springs in Feb. But in Disneyland it is $4,400+ for 5 nights and a 4 day ticket at the Grand Californian :eek: I really want to go to Disneyland this fall.

We had a couple of issues with the bus transportation but nothing out of the ordinary. We even had one bus driver change his Ft. Wilderness route to HS one morning when he had no one waiting at the bus stop and the HS line had 4 groups in it. Another day an Epcot driver took us over to the AK and our group was the only one in line. :goodvibes We did have a couple of mornings we had to wait close to 30 minutes but those mornings we were at the bus stop EARLY for the "unscheduled EMH". One time we had to wait for a 2nd bus because the first one filled up and the day we arrived it seemed to take FOREVER for a Disney Springs bus but that's not unusual. They need more drivers for that route. As for loading only 6 groups it would depend on the size of the group. I have pictures of the "seating" that I'll post later. The front of the bus had 2 or 3 "group seats" marked off going up to #6, maybe #7 and the back was for larger groups up to #11. Most "groups" were marked off for 2 or 3 passengers; the back of the bus was marked off for 6 so we'd get #10 & #11 seating. Amanda and Bryan drove a couple of times and on the last day she PAID $20 for "preferred parking" up front. They do NOT have the parking lot trams running and for some guests it was quite a walk to get to the park entrance. But...the parking lots weren't even close to being half full. I would say most guests are taking advantage or the alternate transportation offered. Did not see ANY traffic congestion on this trip. A lot of guests using the boats when available and we had a long line for the skyliner once. The 2 times we wanted to go to Epcot's WS we took the bus to HS and then the skyliner instead of walking through FW. They DID have another "crash" on the skyliner, I think over the weekend at the Epcot station. No injuries but put that line out of commission for a short time. Other than that I never saw them stopped except for when the bad thunderstorm hit the first day we were at HS. I had one "made me mad issue" 😡 with the bus; leaving the MK I'd just missed the WL boat so I thought it would be quicker to take the bus. WRONG...waited and waited at that bus stop...long enough for the boat to GET BACK FROM WL and load another group while I was still waiting for the bus! :faint: Had the BEST driver one evening coming from Epcot (he was also a Ft. Wilderness driver who'd loaded his passengers and then took those of us in line for WL). He was SO funny, talked and joked the entire way...even had us singing! :lovestruc

WOW on the Grand Californian! :faint: That's totally out of line but then it's CALIFORNIA....so, so expensive out there!!! :faint::tink:

Back to the game.

Where was this?

View attachment 581240
I'm pretty grateful for a little "peace and quiet" too again! :cloud9: Saw your Facebook pictures...adorable grandbabies! :lovestruc

I'll take a wild guess and start with Figment in Imagination. The living room in the upside down section? :tink:

Denise...did you see my post from last night on your crop? :tink:

We had a couple of issues with the bus transportation but nothing out of the ordinary. We even had one bus driver change his Ft. Wilderness route to HS one morning when he had no one waiting at the bus stop and the HS line had 4 groups in it. Another day an Epcot driver took us over to the AK and our group was the only one in line. :goodvibes We did have a couple of mornings we had to wait close to 30 minutes but those mornings we were at the bus stop EARLY for the "unscheduled EMH". One time we had to wait for a 2nd bus because the first one filled up and the day we arrived it seemed to take FOREVER for a Disney Springs bus but that's not unusual. They need more drivers for that route. As for loading only 6 groups it would depend on the size of the group. I have pictures of the "seating" that I'll post later. The front of the bus had 2 or 3 "group seats" marked off going up to #6, maybe #7 and the back was for larger groups up to #11. Most "groups" were marked off for 2 or 3 passengers; the back of the bus was marked off for 6 so we'd get #10 & #11 seating. Amanda and Bryan drove a couple of times and on the last day she PAID $20 for "preferred parking" up front. They do NOT have the parking lot trams running and for some guests it was quite a walk to get to the park entrance. But...the parking lots weren't even close to being half full. I would say most guests are taking advantage or the alternate transportation offered. Did not see ANY traffic congestion on this trip. A lot of guests using the boats when available and we had a long line for the skyliner once. The 2 times we wanted to go to Epcot's WS we took the bus to HS and then the skyliner instead of walking through FW. They DID have another "crash" on the skyliner, I think over the weekend at the Epcot station. No injuries but put that line out of commission for a short time. Other than that I never saw them stopped except for when the bad thunderstorm hit the first day we were at HS. I had one "made me mad issue" 😡 with the bus; leaving the MK I'd just missed the WL boat so I thought it would be quicker to take the bus. WRONG...waited and waited at that bus stop...long enough for the boat to GET BACK FROM WL and load another group while I was still waiting for the bus! :faint: Had the BEST driver one evening coming from Epcot (he was also a Ft. Wilderness driver who'd loaded his passengers and then took those of us in line for WL). He was SO funny, talked and joked the entire way...even had us singing! :lovestruc

WOW on the Grand Californian! :faint: That's totally out of line but then it's CALIFORNIA....so, so expensive out there!!! :faint::tink:

What no parking lot trams???😱😨 That won't work for me. Hopefully they are back and running when we go, :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!