Where do you stash camera gear if going on a ride?

Like bob100 I use a waistpack even with my Canon dSLR. It may be out of fashion :rolleyes2 but it holds my camera and lens along with a few other necessities. I've never had a problem wearing it below the lap bars etc.

Ballhead off my tripod is 23" Tall and made of carbon fiber. Think that will be OK to bring in the park? Love the idea of renting a locker and keeping the tripod, ballhead and maybe a wide angle lens in there all day until night time. Model is Really Right Stuff 24L.

Just a heads up - I've been looking at bringing a tripod next month, and all of the 'literature' I can find states that a tripod is permitted, however, must be able to fit inside a standard sized backpack.

You can safely carry a bag with you on almost every ride. For added security, you can either close the chest strap around your or stick your leg through the strap.
Soarin' is the exception where the bag must fit into under the seat or be left of the floor. Space may also require your bag to be in the bin.
I would not take a camera bag on Cali River Rapids or Grizzly River Run.

The rules about what you can bring into the parks keeps changing. Look for the Property Rules on the Disneyland and Disney World sites.

Disneyland: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/park-rules/
Disney World: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

Current Disney World prohibited items include:
  • Selfie sticks, hand-held extension poles for cameras or mobile devices, flags and banners are not allowed in any theme park and water park.
  • Tripods or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack or that extend over 6’ (182 cm) are not allowed in theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs or ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!