Where do I start? Leaving in 17 days

chrisnsteph1022

Earning My Ears
We've had this trip booked for several months, but haven't done any actual planning. We're staying outside the park at Bonnet Creek Resort (we own with Wyndham). Our kids are 5 and 6 and this is the first trip for all 4 of us. Our son has mild autism and anxiety, but I don't think he'll need special accommodations. However, I have a disability and will need a wheelchair or ECV. I've been browsing the disabilities forum and it's been very helpful.

As far as the trip, where do we start? Should we buy park tickets ahead of time? Or is it too late for that? We will be there 4 full days (including Thanksgiving Day) and want to go to MK and AK. I've heard you can do AK in one day, but may need 2 days for MK. We want at least one day to relax at the resort. What's the best way to buy tickets?

Oh, and we were told by a friend that we should do Breakfast with Mickey (I think?). How do we do that? Is that in MK? Most of our meals will be in the condo. Can we pack a lunch and bring it into the resorts?

I've also heard the little girls wear princess dresses, which my daughter would love to do, but how does that work with the rides? Do they get in the way? Anything we should definitely make sure we do, or anything to avoid? I know we waited way too late to start thinking about all this. It just snuck up on us.

We've had this trip booked for several months, but haven't done any actual planning. We're staying outside the park at Bonnet Creek Resort (we own with Wyndham). Our kids are 5 and 6 and this is the first trip for all 4 of us.have a great time!
Our son has mild autism and anxiety, but I don't think he'll need special accommodations. However, I have a disability and will need a wheelchair or ECV. I've been browsing the disabilities forum and it's been very helpful.
i've found that also.
As far as the trip, where do we start? Should we buy park tickets ahead of time? Or is it too late for that?
sorry, can't help you with tickets as we buy ours as part of the package-we're from the uk. We will be there 4 full days (including Thanksgiving Day) and want to go to MK and AK. I've heard you can do AK in one day,you can, but you need to be there at rope drop and will need a good plan-as it's vast. but may need 2 days for MK. We want at least one day to relax at the resort.
What's the best way to buy tickets? again, i'm sure a diser will be able to advise.

Oh, and we were told by a friend that we should do Breakfast with Mickey (I think?). How do we do that? Is that in MK?
i'm guessing your friend is referring to chef mickeys breakfast-its at the contempory resort-not mk-don't know if there would be any bookings available-but you could always try.- you need to book in advance-look on disney website (dining section)there are other breakfasts with characters in the parks-but again you would need to book-it's called an adr- Most of our meals will be in the condo.
Can we pack a lunch and bring it into the resorts?yes you can.

I've also heard the little girls wear princess dresses, which my daughter would love to do, but how does that work with the rides? Do they get in the way?
my daughters were too old to get dressed up, so i have no personal knowledge, but i've never seen any problems.
Anything we should definitely make sure we do,
look at the park opening times and attend as soon as they open-called rope drop. look at park maps and decide which rides/shows you are interested in.or anything to avoid?
i would avoid the parks which have extra magic hours in the morning for disney resort guests,if you are staying off site.
I know we waited way too late to start thinking about all this. It just snuck up on us.
before our first trip, we literally did no planning aside from booking flights, tickets and accommodation. it did not spoil our experience in anyway-we loved it all. we went in the summer and were surprised by the rain, but then it quickly stopped. we now have ponchos! just relax, enjoy yourselves, have a mini plan but be prepared to be flexible and have a super time! :)

Welcome! We leave in 17 days too!!

My DD9 has mild autism but we do get her a FAC for those just in case moments.

I am buying tickets from Maple Leaf tickets and having them delivered to our condo. They are always so nice. It's just one thing I want to get out of the way.

Have fun!!

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

As for for Breakfast with Mickey keep trying for a reservation. I snagged a chef Mickey reservation for 5 of us last month.

I hear it will be a busy week but won't let that stop us from having fun.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter