Where are you staying and why?

Our next trip is staying at the Poly!
Our first trip to WDW was staying at WL, in 2010, when we got married (on 10/10/10)
Our next visit was also WL - I confess, I LOVE WL - I am a bit worried I won't love the poly as much
BUT, we chose the poly because, this time we will have a 4 yr old AND my husband now has leukaemia, so being at a monorail resort will be good for ease of popping back to the room, and we did love Ohana, and the Poly theming, so, it should be pretty special.

It will be our last big family holiday all together, so, we wanted to make it really special.

We're doing a split stay...

Staying in a 2BR villa at AKL Kidani, because I just love that place :) We were going to try something different, but that resort just feels so relaxing and exotic, I want to stay again. Plus, we just love the swimming area for our 2 boys.

We're be staying the last few days at Shades of Green because A) we can and B) we never have and C) it's cheap, close to everything, and the pools have been redone.

I mean, my list is pretty long, but I can go through my thoughts for choosing each resort:

-Pop: it's on the cheap end, in our budget range, nice enough beds/food courts/pools. Money is the main thing, and it's nicer than the All Stars!

-Polynesian: wanted to treat myself to a deluxe resort on a solo trip, and this was years ago when it wasn't too expensive

-AKL: Mom's first trip, she absolutely loves Africa and all that kind of stuff, wanted her first trip to be special & themed well, wanted her to see that Disney is an awesome place.Booked savannah view for an extra treat. Cheapest of the deluxe's, food choices are awesome.

-Port Orleans: Mom's second trip, needed something cheaper but didn't want to do value. Chose FQ because of it's size, super small moderate resort, great amenities, opportunity to use Riverside's stuff, only one central bus stop, love the FQ feels around the resort!

-AoA: 1st visit, it was BRAND NEW, we were lucky to stay there, wanted to check out the new resort, liked that it was value, despite it being a bit pricier, the food courts and pools are fantastic. 2nd trip: really wanted a nicer standard room, and missed staying in the Little Mermaid rooms!

-FW Cabins: cheap ish deal for 6 of us that wanted to spend a night in the wilderness, close to MK, love the resort and camping feel of it. 2nd stay: wanted to have the kitchen, loved that it was like a little house just for us. We were spending a good chunk of time at the resort, so we knew we'd enjoy some of the stuff it had to offer, and had time to check out the sing a logn & hoop dee doo without leaving the resort.

-Beach Club CL: Mom was coming down to visit me, we stayed at All Stars for the first half simply because of budget, and I wanted something fancy & special for the last night. We'd done AKL already, and BC is GORGEOUS, it's super close to Epcot, and the boardwalk area. Chose CL to have the extra snacks, view, and comfy beds!

Those are the main ones that I had specific choices for, most of the time it would be a value resort simply because of budgets!

Our next visit is in October and we're staying at the YC. We started out with a reservation at the BC because we are going for F&W and it is convenient. Also, DH likes the Beach Club location and proximity to the Boardwalk. Then, we switched to the GF club level because we love the GF and it wasn't that much more. However, when they emailed me forms asking what services we would require from the concierge and I realized that we required absolutely nothing, I cancelled the GF and booked the YC. (By this time, the BC had sold out.) We're excited to be staying at a resort we have not tried.

We're going in September and staying at POR. We needed 3 rooms, with one for my family of 5, one for MIL/FIL/BIL/Niece, on for BIL/SIL/2 nephews. POR was the only one with 3 rooms available for free dining.
It is where we stayed during our last trip in 2010 and we loved it. Although kids are now 16, 13, 10 and it's going to be cozy for us, we are just excited to be going as we thought it was not in the budget.

We are staying atrium club in January. We usually opt for the gf or the poly. We jut got back from gf and our first double stroller experience. While the monorail is fine we thought having the option of walking to and from mk would be nice.

Has anyone stayed in the Disney Springs resorts...I am looking into possible staying there going back and forth between DVC, staying on property or off property.. Would like to stay so we don't need cars as there is 8 adults and 4 kids... I know DVC is cheaper way as have done this before. just afraid if something happens and you need to change or cancel trip you lose... thanks for input

Our next stay with be at BWI for the Food and Wine Festival this November. :love: BWI is one of our favorites and it's been awhile since we've stayed there.

I'll be staying at BWI with my mom in late October/November. We originally had a room at CBR but we were able to get a discount at BWI so we got a nice upgrade (yay!). This made the most sense since we are going mainly for food and wine (at least that's what I tell my mom) so unfortunately that super nice rate I found at Poly didn't get used (maybe one day though).

We are staying in a BWV studio for 12 nights in July/August. We are a group of 5 and the studio sleeps that many, plus it is within walking distance of British Revolution.

We're staying (as we always do) at Old Key West in a one bedroom villa.
We love it there because it is quiet and beautiful.
In the past we have had larger groups of kids with us (up to 8 in our group) so we needed the 2 bedroom and OKW the most economical option. Now we can't see staying anyplace else.
It's great having 2 areas to lounge in, having the balcony, and especially having the washer and dryer.
Bus service is usually first rate and you feel like you are away from it all in a wonderful tropical setting.

I go twice a year for F&G and F&W, have been doing split stays recently just because I want to stay in all the resorts but always do the last part of the stay in an Epcot resort. I don't stay in the MK resorts any more because MK tends to be a 3/4 day 1 day park at best for us. I'll be there Sept. 13-15 at CSR and then moving to Swan 15-18. I actually would have moved to Swan on the 14th but they don't have anything available that night. I prefer YC but we stayed at Swan in March and I really liked it and since it's almost half of YC, it just makes sense. I'm thinking of adding a day at the beginning of the trip and do a 3 resort split and stay at a MK resort just because. I drive down and usually get there around 2:30 or 3, which is why I started doing split stays because it just didn't make sense to pay for a deluxe resort for that first half day. I do 2 days at the non-Epcot resort because I'll do MK that first day when I get there, AK the next day because no matter where you stay you have to take a bus to get there. I usually don't stay there all day, usually until around 2:30 or 3 at which point I try to book an ADR for tea at the GF then I'll do the rest of the night at MK. Since it's party season at MK and it will be closed at 7:00 for the party on the Tuesday and Friday the week I'm there, I sort of have to plan around that. I say sort of since the only thing I really book in advance is my tea ADR. I may move the whole trip to the next week if I find out that F&W is not going to have the little cooking demos and wine seminars until the next week. I was going the week I am because my AP expires on the 20th and I wanted to get that third trip in on my current AP but I really enjoy the little seminars too.

I have three trips coming up - an unheard of precedent for me!

October 2016: Bay Lake Tower - Location, location, location. It's our tried and true favorite. We're going with our friends and using our DVC points - we love staying at BLT for the walkway to the Magic Kingdom, so when my husband had the idea of inviting our friends (who were traveling at the same time) to stay with us, it seemed like a great opportunity for both of us - they are so excited to stay there for the first time.

January 2017: Contemporary - Location, again. It's a Princess trip for just my daughter and me - we will be spending a lot of time at MK and I wanted that walkway. Since it won't be a DVC trip, I've always wanted to stay at the Contemporary Tower (we've previously stayed in the Garden Wing) so this was the perfect time for that. I'll probably be in the room more than average, being that I'll have only a toddler with me and she'll need more downtime, so I wanted nice amenities, a great view, a balcony (great place to read a book with the door open while she's napping).

November 2017: Yacht Club - Again...location, location, location. This one won't be a DVC trip either, so it was the perfect opportunity to stay at a hotel we've always wanted to stay at, but didn't think we ever would because it's not a DVC property. Paying OOP made this a reality (points are earmarked for a different trip in the future). This trip will be for just my husband and myself - a Happily Ever After trip to celebrate 15 years of marriage and enjoy Food and Wine by ourselves. We're always there during this time, but have never really enjoyed it because our kids are always with us. My husband has said for years that he would love to travel there, just the two of us, and really take our time with the festival and I've promised him for years that I could make it happen. As of this morning, we are booked! With an added bonus of the Deluxe Dining Plan to splurge on some restaurants that we would never try otherwise.

Each of these trips is so unique for us and I am unbelievably excited about all of them!

POFQ. It was process of elimination, really: not willing to pay deluxe prices, values a little too no-frills for us and geared more toward families with small children, the only DVC property with more than one bed for a reasonable cost is at OKC and that doesn't appeal to me.

Which leaves us with the moderates. The only other time I've been to Disney we stayed at CBR so that's out. Wanted CSR but worried about Pop Warner kids while we're there. So it was more or less a coin toss between the 2 Port Orleans. Ultimately went with FQ because of its smaller size.

Poly in August. 4 days with only one park day. I am going to enjoy the resort even more this go around. :)

Love love love Ohana
Tiki torches at night
Shopping
Pools
Monorail to MK
It is a vacation in itself away from the parks. Everyone is so pleasant!

Next June, still deciding, but the kids and I are talking about the Poly. DH mentioned GF though. Probably the Poly!!

For our next trip we decided to stay at POR in a Royal room. We've only been 2 times before, first trip was at POFQ and last year we stayed at WL. We are just trying a different resort each time we get to go to WDW!

Staying at the Beach Club this trip so I can walk to Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival. Also received a great rate at the BC through the travel agency that must not be named.

Last edited:
We are doing a split stay for our trip this fall. First 5 nights at Beach Club--we had an ADR at Beaches & Cream during our first trip in October 2014 (staying at BLT, so not like we didn't have a nice resort) and we all left with serious pool envy and vowed we would stay there next time. [We did a quickie spur of the moment trip last November/December to see the Osborne Lights and stayed at CBR since I got a great deal, but that's neither here nor there.] We will also be there during F&W on this next trip and I know we will be loving the proximity to Epcot. Our next 3 nights will be at AKL Villas-Kidani Village. My boys absolutely love AKL and were so impressed with the resort when we ate (on each of our last two trips) at Sanaa. Since we are celebrating my older two's birthdays on this trip, decided AKL was the right place to do it, and with a savanna view :)

I stay value 90 percent of the time. I've stayed at PoR once.

I prefer the value because the rates per night for everything has gotten a bit high. I stayed at PoR when it was transitioned from Dixie Landings and payed about 120 a night. When I see the same room going for 200, I just say no.

My new go to is Pop Century. The grounds are well done, the rooms are nice and not falling apart.
The busses don't share with other resorts.
The topper for me is being able to see/hear fireworks from a couple of the parks.

We are staying at CBR in December, for free dining, our preferred every 2 or 3 year large trip.

Really wanted to stay at POR, but not an option for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter