Where are you staying and why?

aebeauregard

Mouseketeer
Thought it'd be fun to hear where people are staying and what convinced them that was the right choice for them.

My next trip will be at POFQ. Have stayed at all of the values and most of the deluxes, but none of the moderates and wanted to try something new. I will be solo for the first day and won't be arriving until close to midnight, so I preferred the idea of the compact resort for arrival. Also, the theming of POFQ really appeals to us because we went to NOLA about a year ago and loved it. Normally I wouldn't stay at POFQ because there never seems to be a discount, but we will only be there for 3 nights, and it's to celebrate my 30th birthday, so I was willing to pay rack rate and stay where I want to stay.

This trip coming up in August is an adults only trip so we are staying at BWV. Most of our time and ADRs will be at epcot so walking there and back makes it all the easier for us. Also since we will have a couple nonpark days having the extra nightlife there makes it an added benefit.

Our last trip was less magical than typical so we are going for maximum pixie dust! I have always dreamed of staying at a monorail resort
and the Poly in particular. We have always hesitated due to the high cost. Discovering the ability to rent dvc points for a major discount opened a whole new world for us!!! Last trip was non stop mega fast paced so when we thought of a place to relax and soak in some resort magic and a slower pace it had to be the Poly! For the first time EVER we will have a couple half days AND one WHOLE day planned to stay at the resort.

On our upcoming trip, we are splitting our stay between Poly and YC.

We chose Poly because we've never stayed before, and I'm a big fan of the look of the resort. I'm also crazy about the music they pump into the lobby and walk ways, and the food options. I could easily spend all my time at Pineapple Lanai and Trader Sam's alone! My DP and I will also be able to cross Poly off the list. For me, I will have now stayed at all 8 deluxe resorts on WDW property, and I'm really excited about that! Here's hoping we enjoy our stay!

We chose YC because it's our favorite resort! Between us, we've stayed at CR, GF, BLT, WL, BC, YC, BWI, S/D, POR, ***, ASM, CSR and AKL, and out of all of those, we keep coming back to YC as our favorite, for the following reasons...
1. Location- We love being able to walk to 2 parks, or boat it to DHS. Also, buses are shared with BC, and they pick up at YC first, and drop off at YC first, which is a bonus for us. We've never had a frustratingly long wait to get to MK, AK, or DTD from here.
2. Atmosphere- YC is more refined, quiet and stately than BC (our opinion, of course). Also as a childless couple (Who love kids! I teach 4th grade!), we do appreciate that for whatever reason, YC seems to have the fewest children running around. The lobby smells like heaven, and they play this music that would be classified as pure 'elevator' anywhere else, but there, it just fits, and we remember it year to year.
3. Dining- We love the Epcot resort loop dining options. Our favorite fancy-pants place is Flying Fish (actually, our favorite on property), we enjoy more casual meals at Crews Cup Lounge, and Captain's Grill, and we love unwinding with a cocktail at Ale and Compass Lounge
4. Rooms- Rooms at YC seem bright and airy, and elegant, and unlike at BC, all but one room at YC has a full balcony or patio, so we don't have to worry about that if/when we make room requests.
5. That pool- I swear, in addition to chlorine, they pour in Xanax, or really good Chardonnay....all troubles melt away there.
6. It's just home at this point. We dream about it when we're not there.

For our upcoming summer trip (August 2016 - 45 more days!!!), we are going from the Penthouse to the Outhouse and staying at Disney's Pop Century because we're on a tight budget!!! :(

Recent resorts, in the past couple of years ... and probably why I need to stay at POP this time around:

Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou, May 2016 :)
Yacht Club, Wood/Pond (a/k/a swamp view) November 2015
Port Orleans Riverside, Royal Guest Rooms, August 2015
Bay Lake Tower, Theme Park View, Deluxe Studio, May 2015
Wilderness Lodge, Pool View, April 2014
Art of Animation, Lion King Family Suite, March 2014

and many more... ;)

My advice (without ever having stayed at a value resort), if you can afford a moderate or a deluxe, just do it!!!

My hubby and I are DVC members and will be spending our next trip at Bay Lake. We like it because you can walk to MK and it's just a hop on the monorail to Epcot. We love it there, although we have yet to find a resort we don't like! :)

We usually stay at CBR. We stayed there for our honeymoon and then came back for our 5 year anniversary and then four times with the kids.

This upcoming trip we will be renting points at AKV. I have always wanted to stay at AKL and when I found out that renting DVC points could get me a deluxe resort for basically the price of a mod, I jumped on the chance. We are so excited to be staying there. Both kids love animals. We even sprung for a Savannah view.

We are returning to CSR. This is our 10th anniversary and our kids' first trip. I considered POR, but the location, bus service, and pool at CSR can't be beat!

My wife and I will be staying three nights at POR in the Alligator Bayou section leading up to our DCL cruise. We stayed in the mansions and the woman driving the horse drawn carriage took us through AB and we thought it looked like a fun place to check out.

We just upgraded from POP Century to POR for our first grown-up Disney World trip (it's been ~20 years for me and ~15 for DH). We kinda wanted to stay around more people (I know, we're weird!) so we picked POR over POFQ...this time. :)

If we had the money for a Deluxe I'd be all over AKL though, it sounds amazing! We had friends who stayed there as a group and loved it- but it was literally two weeks before our wedding in Maui and we couldn't exactly swing both trips!

Our next onsite stay will be at Ft Wilderness. I chose it because I can't express just how much I prefer to use a shower and sleep in a bed that hasn't been previously used by 783.426 other people. I can go to the parks and Mr. Grumpy Pants can do what he enjoys most-fiddling with the camper while watching football on the outside TV :)

My actual next trip will be in an offsite condo. I chose it because it will cost me less than $600 for two weeks.

Staying in a suite at Music. Their will be 5 of us, all girls! Having 2 bathrooms is a must for them. I tried to convince them to do Wilderness Lodge (only a few dollars more a night). But my teenage daughters wanted the 2 bathrooms and extra space.

Last edited:
This trip coming up in August is an adults only trip so we are staying at BWV. Most of our time and ADRs will be at epcot so walking there and back makes it all the easier for us. Also since we will have a couple nonpark days having the extra nightlife there makes it an added benefit.

This is exactly why dh and I are staying at BWV this September. Beach Club was my first choice but the rate at BWV was much better.

We were booked at Pop with free dining but decided to rent points and switch to a studio at OKW. I hope we made a wise decision. We love Pop and it was hard to give up free dining.

This will be our first time at OKW though and looking forward to staying at a new to us resort.

This coming trip in September is our first off-site trip we have ever done. We have decided to stay at Bonnet Creek Resort because we are Worldmark timeshare owners and can use our points at Bonnet Creek. In the past, we have stayed at AKL, Wilderness Lodge, POFQ and POR. Our decision was really based on space and value. Our children are getting older and while we have always enjoyed the free dining, we are kind of tired of it, so we are trying something new. We still have a few ADRs for our favorites but are going to enjoy some extra resort time and checking out a new much bigger space. Hoping we love it!

This will be our first time staying onsite when we visit for Christmas and we went with the Beach Club. We walked from HS to Epcot on our last trip and the location of beach club really appealed to us, Epcot is my hubby's fave park and the resort just looked gorgeous so we decided to splurge for a festive treat to ourselves :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter