Where are you staying and why?

Currently planning our next trip; was planning on Easter 2017 but pretty sure we're going to do Thanksgiving 2017 instead. We did Thanksgiving this past year and loved it.
We stayed @ the Poly our 1st wdw trip in Nov 2013 then @ BC on our 2nd trip in Nov 2015. For our next trip we're hoping to return to the Poly! While we liked the Beach Club, we really missed the MK side and everything about the Poly :cloud9: Considering doing a split stay though, so we can experience another new to us resort. Considering it'll be holiday time, we're thinking of maybe splitting w/ the Grand Floridian or WL (if alot of the construction is done by then). :love:

We're staying at POR again because our 7yr old's refuse to stay anywhere else!!

I suggested a split stay with the Contemporary and it was still a big ol' NOPE!!
They're so happy at POR, it really is like a home-from-home for them so we're more than happy to go along with it!

Fort Wilderness Cabins. There are 6 of us going and we are out of points. Prefer this to 2 value rooms.

My husband is retired Navy and it turned out that Coronado Springs had a good discount for that during the first week in December. Nothing exciting or imaginative, just practicality.

Our next trip we are staying at the Poly. Staying at a monorail resort is my 1985 dream come true!! We typically stay at the WL but with the construction I figure it is time to try something new. We rented DVC points and I had no idea how easy it would be and how much money I could save!

DH and I are heading to the Poly for our 10th anniversary in August. The only reason we are staying at the Poly is because I got us a fantastic deal through a travel agent (Poly was only $100 more than BC for our 4 days). Otherwise, we would have been at CSR or CBR. I will admit, we are are newbies. Disney wasn't a priority until our DD turned 5 last year! We are planning a trip for next August and I'm considering a suite at All Star Music or AoA. Seeing all of these responses, I guess I had better look at renting points also!

Deposit paid and contract signed to hopefully rent points at the Grand Floridian for December 2017. Only thing to do now is wait until January to see if the fabulous owner can snag the reservation for us. It'll be a dream come true for my parents and me. Dad's idea of a good time at Disney is sitting at Mizner's with a drink and something to nibble on while listening to the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra and never being required to get on a bus, LOL. My mom's 75th birthday is that year and month, and she's excited to be at a monorail resort and just one stop away from the Magic Kingdom. I'm just excited to be going back to Disney at all and staying at a beautiful resort I thought I'd never be able to afford!

The last five years we've stayed at CBR, we absolutely love the small pools at each "house". Barely anyone in them when we go in August & it's the perfect place to relax in the afternoons.
This year is extra special, it's our honeymoon, so we are staying at the Grand Floridian! We couldn't pass up a really great deal we got through a travel agent either to stay here. Really looking forward to it!!

Thought it'd be fun to hear where people are staying and what convinced them that was the right choice for them.
We're doing a split stay between the Contemporary and Beach Club. We chose the Contemporary for our arrival night because it's within walking distance of MK, and has boat access to Fort Wilderness. We'll be going to Hoop Dee Doo Revue on our arrival day, and the next morning we have an 8am Be Our Guest reservation, so it will help to be able to walk to MK instead of having to budget an extra hour for WDW's unpredictable transportation.

We'll spend the rest of the trip at the Beach Club, because we love Stormalong Bay. Our trip is in July, so daily trips to SAB will help us cool off. Also, it will be great to be within walking distance of Epcot and HS: we'll be viewing Fantasmic for the first time, and it will help to be able to walk "home" afterwards, instead of getting in a long line for a bus.

We'll be spending time at Disney's water parks, and our schedules are flexible for those days, so it will be nice to have SAB to return to, and Hurricane Hannah's for quick service, or Crew's Cup Lounge for last-minute table service. We'll also be able to walk to Fantasia mini-golf.

Last edited:
We are staying at pofq due to it being a smaller resort. Also it has two queen beds vs two double beds at a value resort..

In Dec we will be at the YC. We have never stayed at an Epcot resort and decided for a change to try one. We are all adults and liked the theme of this the best. It will be great to be close to DHS and Epcot and walk or take the boat. Hopefully we will have good weather so we can experience Stormalong Bay.

I posted this in an answer to another question, but it fits here too!

We just booked a stay at the Polynesian for later next year. Can't wait! I'm one of those who has memories of being there as a child in the early 1980's. We've been staying at Beach/Yacht Club the last 3 trips and we are tired of staying in the Epcot area for now.

Very excited for our stay. The Polynesian is quintessential WDW to me. Immersive, imaginative, a bit silly, kitschy, and fun! Completely takes me away from reality. :)

Our next week long trip will be to Bay Lake Towers, taking DGS for his first trip to the World so a DVC unit was the way to go because of the kitchen, and walking distance to MK is the cherry on top. We have been many times, and my usual frustration is getting to MK. This way we can stroll over, and easily come back for nap time. We have a few more short trips scheduled both before and after BLT which will be mostly at Shades of Green because it is such a nice resort with such a reasonable price for those that can book there.

POFQ is our resort . We stayed there on our honeymoon and keep going back. We like being able to walk up to POR, the fact it is so compact and the boats to DS. If we came across a great discount we would consider splitting POFQ with YC/BC . That resort seems the most "us" out of the Deluxes, plus the opion of walking into Epcot.

Our next trip isn't until 2017, but we have decided to stay at AKL. We have stayed at Grand Floridian and Contemporary before and decided we really didn't need a monorail resort this time around bc those prices are off the wall! Anyways we came to the conclusion bc my kids just want to see giraffes LOL. It was a close toss up between Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge but the giraffes over took the whole wilderness theme, lol. We are also going with my MIL, she was originally going to stay at her timeshare resorts but when I saw the location of her resorts I asked her if she was crazy, lol...she will be on transportation all day trying to get places. Anyways she has now decided that she wants to stay on property so she is still debating on where she want to stay...I have sent her video tours of Pop, AoA, and All Star Sports...she said she will make a decision by this weekend where she wants to stay, lol...I think AoA would be awesome and I know my kids would love to see that resort, but I don't know if she's going to want to pay those prices...we shall see, lol...she hasn't been on a vacation in a very very long time so maybe she will want to do AoA bc it is in my opinion the best of the 3, lol

Our next trip is in September and we are staying in two 1BR units with our two boys and the in-laws. This gives everyone some separate space and a full kitchen to make breakfast/lunch to help control food costs.

We are planning on golfing one day and exploring the new options at Disney Springs. My younger son prefers riding a bus to the parks, so he is thrilled with this choice.

In November, we'll be at the Swan (work conference). In December at YC for the convenience of easy access to two parks and an awesome discount!

Staying at YC, our last 2 trips we stayed at CR. We stayed at YC once and loved it but decided to try something new then ended up staying at CR twice. My hubby loves all the different pool options and we love being able to walk in to Epcot and HS. However I will miss walking over to MK, plus we are taking my teen and her BFF so I will also miss the bigger room at CR.

Wilderness Villas - 1BR - in Dec. Why...I have never stayed there, just bought and need to use the points - and mostly - I get to enjoy the Christmas decorations!!

Split stay in August

1. Poly.....cause I've always wanted to stay there and I got a great deal.
2. CSR - for fd

Both resorts are new to me. I'm excited!

Our next stay (Aug 2017) will be at Poly CL.

Because...I've wanted to stay there since I was 7, and because construction and renovations are finally done so we can fully enjoy the resort.

I can't wait!!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter