Where are all the trick or treaters.

We had around 80 kids which is probably down just a little. We closed our door around 8:45 as usually after that it is all the real BIG kids then. What a great night weather wise for the kids!

we were down this year too. Only had about 60 kids, close our doors at 8:30.
I don't mind the big kids as long as they dress up.

We had about 60 here too. I think that's the same as last year. We planned for 100 though because of it being Friday night. Thought that kids might be out later. That wasn't the case. The last kid to come here came at 8:30. And the weather was beautiful while last year it was a little rainy.

We had 90. We found that alot of houses were "dark" and not handing out candy. Our boys made out well.. Their buckets were filled at one house... The guy just threw in hand after hand of candy it was funny to see my oldests reaction. Next yr it's on a Saturday we'll see how many kids we get next year.

we were down this year too. Only had about 60 kids, close our doors at 8:30.
I don't mind the big kids as long as they dress up.

I agree. If they put some effort into their costumes and are polite, I love to give to them. I had so much extra that I was doubling up for the teens. DD14 went out for the last time this year and she had a great time. A friend gave her an old Tim Horton's uniform and I had that giant Timmies thermos that looks like a mug. Although I have to laugh that she's more concerned with the quality of the loot more than the quantity this time. Too funny! :rotfl:

We had 50. When I first moved to the neighbourhood in '94 we had 95 and it has slowly dwindled. We hardly get any "little" kids anymore. However, my 3 kids have a MOUNTAIN of candy in the dining room. I think people are giving out more since less kids are coming around. One house handed out OHL tickets for the Sting for this Fri. which is totally awesome (we are a HUGE hockey town!). I think the kids and Dad were the most excited about that!:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 very cool - hockey tix! also thought the pop idea was neat. we give chips & chocolate.

We had just over 250! Our street was packed - the neighbours did a haunted house - lots of groups of friends walking together. A couple of groups of 7th graders so there must have been a party nearby too. Lots of fun but crazy!!! They finished up fairly early - around 9. So not bad for a fairweathered friday night!

:thumbsup2 very cool - hockey tix! also thought the pop idea was neat. we give chips & chocolate.

The pop always goes over big here. Each ToTer here gets a can of pop, a couple of little chocolate bars, a fun size Twizzler or nibs, and a fun size fuzzy peaches or swedish berries or sour candy.

The pop always goes over big here. Each ToTer here gets a can of pop, a couple of little chocolate bars, a fun size Twizzler or nibs, and a fun size fuzzy peaches or swedish berries or sour candy.

AAHH... the swedish berries... gave out all of ours and now I'm begging DD for some of hers from her trick or treat bag!

She didn't like getting pop because... oh the spoiled princess... "it makes the bag too heavy to carry"! But I know she and her friends smiled and said "thank you" at every house. They had a great time.

Yes, that is one of the problems with pop. That and it sometimes bursts or crushes your other treats.

And I dropped my son's bag (cause it was too heavy for him to carry) and one exploded!

Yeah, we only had about 30 last night. It was weird how few kids seemed to be out--I even had a conversation with one of the trick or treaters (a boy of about 12) about how quiet and empty the streets were.

Two years ago we had about 150 kids and only avoided running out of candy by giving out small quantities. Given that previous experience I have a LOT of extra candy now even though I gave out full handfuls to everyone this year.

Southren Ontario here.
We had 13 this year up by 2 from last year.
We live in an area that has a lot of new housing.
We are in the older section.
We stick to the older section when I take the kids out. Not as far to go and they get alot given to them because of the lack of foot traffic.
We have given out the ful size chocolate bars for 5 years now.
Lots of people in the older section doing that now.
The boys got 7 full size bars each and a full size bag of smartfood popcorn each as well as 1 full pillowcase each. That's huge!!
However it does last them all year.
I put it under lock and key and they get 4 items per day til it is gone.

We had 3 last year and 15 this year. We live in a new subdivision so it's about what we expected. I have lots of leftovers...darn:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter