Where are all the trick or treaters.

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Where did they go?:confused3 Did anyone else think that there was not as many children out this year? It is now 8:00, My bowl is empty and I am here talking to yous.

We had less than half the number of kids here than last year. There seemed to be lots of kids out on the street, but we live in a townhouse complex, and no one seemed to be making their way into our complex.

We have far too much candy. The kids did well, and we have TONS of leftover candy that we didn't give out. I think we're going to donate some to a local charity.

we had about 50-60 so far and hope to have more .. this is a big thing for DH, he LOVES Halloween - goes the whole 9 yards, mask, sound effects, you name it
Happy Halloween!!

Halloween2008.jpg

We bought 6 boxes of chips (with 32 bags each) and we have over 4 boxes left! :eek:

Very weird, normally we get much more "traffic" and this year I thought we'd have even more since it's a Friday evening. But it's now 8:30 and the street is dead! Where is everyone this year? :confused3

We're at the end of a street that's building new houses so we didn't have too many kids here.
My almost 9yo went out and got a whole bag of candy - his 14yo brother thanked him as the younger one can't eat most of it due to allergies so his brother gets the candy and he got a new bat webkinz!

And the best part of halloween...... tomorrow is NOV 1 so I can start taking out the Christmas stuff!! :santa: :santa: :santa:

:) We have gone dark the last few years, in fact DH commented on how dark our street was tonight. Our trick or treaters stopped coming about 5 years ago and we live in a neighborhood with an elementary school. Most families take their children to Church functions--that is where my parents and my brother and sister in law took their 5 children tonight. My Christmas trees went up this week, since I put up my mother-in laws trees and my SIL trees.:santa:

All of 22 kids here tonight.

And we live smack dab in the middle of a city of almost 50,000, within walking distance of three public schools and a high school. We're on a quiet street in residential area with lots of kids.....but yet every year we have so few.

That said, my 12 year old didn't even want to go out tonight. He stayed home to watch the Raptors play instead :confused3 .

We decided to give out cans of pop this year.....so at least the stuff will save, and I'm not stuck with all sorts of chocolate that will call my name from the cupboard until its gone! :rotfl:

We've just blown out the pumpkin lights and closed the door. I'm shocked that we only had about 30 Trick or Treaters tonight. Ten years ago I ran out of goodies at 200. It was a long slow night. DS19 was at a party, DS 16 was at work and DD14 went to a few houses and then stopped at a friends to hand out candy. Kinda sad the days of little princesses and lions are over. :sad2:

Oh well, I'll get over it - WE LEAVE IN 14 DAYS!! :rotfl2:

We only got 14 tonight! That's IT!

Last year we were in WDW, but the year before that we only got 6!!

Now, we do live in a fairly mature neighbourhood (alot of our neighbours' kids are grown and gone), on a small side street, plus we live on the non-sidewalk side.

About 17 here my parents guessed.

My friend only had 7.

It's kind of crazy. Guess kids are against going cross the street, even though there was like no cars out at all tonight.

We had only around 50ish. We thought we would have a lot more considering the weather was great (warm and NO SNOW!) and the kids didnt have to wear parkas! I bought extra candy because it was nice and it was a Friday night. I don't get it. It doesn't make much sense to me, especially as we live in a newer development with loads of young kids!

We had alot more kids this year than last, but it was +18 tonight here in calgary and we usually have snow so this was a huge change for us! we didn't have to bundle the kids in their snowsuits to make it out for 5 minutes before their poor toes were frozen so we all took advantage! we almost ran out of candy this year!

We went to a local mall & that was crazy. At home we had 42 kids, down from about 60 last year.

We had only about 60 this year and most years we get well over a hundred. Weather was mild, but I think many people were doing house parties this year because of it being a Friday night and nobody having to get up early in the morning. We bought chips this year, which should keep well, and will get eaten up slowly by us.

Definitely less trick or treaters around this year :( But maybe the weather had something to do with it too - raining all day and night long!

Couldn't have been weather issues in S. Ontario b/c it was beautiful, clear and +14 here.

Yep I had about the same number. In fact I ran out and had to "recycle" some from my 3 yr olds bag. :laughing: ( He will never miss and he doesn't need all that sugar) I turned off the lights and brought in the pumpkins at 8:15 and we still had kids ringing the bell.:scared: At 8:25 I had to go out and pick up my oldest from her friends place and there was still hundreds of kids on the main road of our area.

Nancy

We had 50. When I first moved to the neighbourhood in '94 we had 95 and it has slowly dwindled. We hardly get any "little" kids anymore. However, my 3 kids have a MOUNTAIN of candy in the dining room. I think people are giving out more since less kids are coming around. One house handed out OHL tickets for the Sting for this Fri. which is totally awesome (we are a HUGE hockey town!). I think the kids and Dad were the most excited about that!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter