When will my VGT room get assigned?

act1980

DIS Veteran
I’m 30 days out from my sailing and my room is yet to be assigned. How far in advance do they usually notify people?

I’m 30 days out from my sailing and my room is yet to be assigned. How far in advance do they usually notify people?
Pre-COVID days - GTY reservations would receive their room assignments in the 45-60 days out from cruise window. And *GT would receive their room assignments about 7-10 days out (usually on a Tuesday).

Whether that still holds true or not, I don't know. But, that said, ANY guarantee booking can receive their room assignments at any time from booking day up to, and including, embarkation day.

Thanks for the replies. So basically it should be a couple more weeks? Also, we're getting the cruise bus to the post from WL. Do you check in when they collect you (luggage tags etc) or is it still when you get to the terminal?

On our sailing last month on the fantasy, people were still finding out their cabin numbers a couple days before sailing.

Thanks for the replies. So basically it should be a couple more weeks? Also, we're getting the cruise bus to the post from WL. Do you check in when they collect you (luggage tags etc) or is it still when you get to the terminal?
Time was you could check in for the cruise at your resort hotel (as well as at MCO), but that stopped several years ago. You check in at the port only.

Bit crazy that we will bo boarding the Disney coach down to the port and it's only then they test us. Could be sat on the bus with people that are positive for Covid but won't know until we get to the port. And then if I test negative I'm allowed to board even though I've bene exposed. I can't wait for us all to be done with all this testing etc.

Bit crazy that we will bo boarding the Disney coach down to the port and it's only then they test us. Could be sat on the bus with people that are positive for Covid but won't know until we get to the port. And then if I test negative I'm allowed to board even though I've bene exposed. I can't wait for us all to be done with all this testing etc.
Well, you could also have flown in while sitting next to someone with Covid on the plane. You could have been exposed to Covid at Disney World the day before the cruise. Your best friend you had lunch with the day before you left could have had it. The test is a preventative measure but not a guarantee, which is why they have masking and distancing onboard, etc. They can't run a testing center at the airport. The cruise port is the only workable place for them to test everyone.

We've sailed twice since the restart (VGT) and received room assignment between 1 and 2 weeks prior to sailing. Currently booked on the 12/26 Fantasy and expect the same.

I'm 28 days out from boarding now, fingers crossed it's no more than a couple more weeks 🤞🏼

Hoping you booked very last minute as I don’t think I can wait that long for mine!:tongue:
It doesn’t really matter when you book, they assign them in batches all at once. For our cruise in October, it was less than a week out for VGT and about a week before for GTY. Since VGT is discounted, that gets assigned last since they want to leave rooms open for people to book at full price, and have to balance the muster stations after all other rooms are booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter