When will DL reservations open for July and...

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
August? August is the only one I care about. I'm out of state, holding onto hope I can go the first week.I looked at the availability for June online and it's filling up quick. I'm afraid (if out of state residents can go) that DL will open reservations to CA residents for August BEFORE announcing out of state residents can go. Would they do that? Ugh, first world problems, I know. If being a CA resident for DL was as simple as having my name on a utility bill....

The only thing they have said is the calendar goes 60 days out. 60 days from Aug 1 is June 2. So, assuming the 60 day rule stays in effect, regardless of who can book, it won't be until June. We can safely assume we will snore more soon when July dates open in a few weeks.

Based on current booking, it will probably be 8 am again, with the queue and whatnot. August may be calmer because there's been some buffer time for locals so it may take longer for the dates to fill, plus with a likely increase in capacity.

I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm hoping for July for out o state visitors as well. We are CA residents but have a friend visiting in July and have at the Villas at Grand California and would really like for her to visit the parks.

But first the state of CA has to inform Disney (and all the other Theme Parks in the state) what the new regulations will be IF we are able to be released from the tier system that is in place. At this time they are hoping to eliminate the tier system by June 15 IF the numbers are down. They haven't said what (if any) regulations there will be in place once the tier system is removed.

Additionally, Disney could decide to limit out of state guests longer than the state mandates. I doubt that would happen, but they could.

We just need to be patient and wait. Easy to say, harder to do!

im hoping for July as well.
I have a USA triathlon event mid july too :-) so excited about that and disneyland.

i noticed the dates arent scrolling with new days open everyday !!!
i logged in everyday and looked.

i hope they scroll everyday.

i think if it scrolls 1 day at a time then u have a better chance to get what you want.

but i have logged in all week and didnt have a problem getting to the reservation screen

and i was able to buy tickets too.

so i dont think there will be any issues getting the days you want.

i got my covid shot this week too on the 1st day of the appointment window hahahaha.

soo hmmm feeling lucky this week lol :p

I'm willing to bet that when Disneyland can open to out of state folks we'll see that come with a capacity increase to make reservations more accessible! But I get it... it's nerve wracking.

Personally, I'd just make the reservation and pray the restriction is lifted- can always cancel if it's not or push your dates out.

im hoping for July as well.
I have a USA triathlon event mid july too :-) so excited about that and disneyland.

i noticed the dates arent scrolling with new days open everyday !!!
i logged in everyday and looked.

i hope they scroll everyday.

i think if it scrolls 1 day at a time then u have a better chance to get what you want.

but i have logged in all week and didnt have a problem getting to the reservation screen

and i was able to buy tickets too.

so i dont think there will be any issues getting the days you want.

i got my covid shot this week too on the 1st day of the appointment window hahahaha.

soo hmmm feeling lucky this week lol :p
It’s because they’ve already released over 60 days. It’s a rolling 60 days, so it needs to get to 60 days out from the next date before they’ll open it.

We are hoping that we get the news that out of state guests can visit before the 60 day roll-out for the first week of August tickets. I have a hotel booked that's easy to cancel but I'd rather buy the tickets after we know that we will be able to go! We're hoping for a make-up trip since our planned June trip last summer with a couple of our kids got canceled.

We're in the same boat. We have DVC reservations the first week of August for the whole family, none of whom live in California.

It will be a rolling 60 days according to Disney, which means May 1st they will start opening day by day.

It looks like I may have no chance then unless by some miracle it's announced in the next two weeks out of state residents can go.

Not necessarily. With the announcement of things opening back up on June 15th, if theme parks are included in it, may come more capacity. It will definitely be a chance you're taking though.
There you go being positive again!!!

I think we will get more capacity. But not a lot more. BUT, without APs, people will be going fewer days, and by July, the crush will be slowing (my opinion.). It will still fill up, but I think it will be better.

Unless an AP option comes out very soon, I would think Disneyland can't wait to open to out of staters after the less than stellar demand from the California residents since Thursday.

$154 for a day ticket is a lot when you've only paid $350 for an annual pass all these years. Especially with limited rides and dining.

If the numbers continue to decline I don't see how they aren't open to out of staters by August.

Unless an AP option comes out very soon, I would think Disneyland can't wait to open to out of staters after the less than stellar demand from the California residents since Thursday.

$154 for a day ticket is a lot when you've only paid $350 for an annual pass all these years. Especially with limited rides and dining.

If the numbers continue to decline I don't see how they aren't open to out of staters by August.

Whether or not they open to people from out of state isn’t Disney’s choice. Disney will open to out-of-staters the moment the state of California allows them to.

$154 for a day ticket is a lot when you've only paid $350 for an annual pass all these years.
Well, the SoCal Select really only filled in minimal days and would be blocked in another couple weeks anyway.

But even so, when you are used to spending $1200 a year on an AP, and instead get to spend $250 for a weekend will get old fast.

Whether or not they open to people from out of state isn’t Disney’s choice. Disney will open to out-of-staters the moment the state of California allows them to.
Sure, but right now the only requirement is the theme park operators have to have an attestation from those purchasing tickets/reservations acknowledge they live in state. So the requirement is nothing more than the honor system. It is then Disney's choice to check everyone's papers at the gate.

Sure, but right now the only requirement is the theme park operators have to have an attestation from those purchasing tickets/reservations acknowledge they live in state. So the requirement is nothing more than the honor system. It is then Disney's choice to check everyone's papers at the gate.

The regulation says, “In state visitors only” and the attestation is only one part of that regulation. Disney will likely check residency at the gates in addition to the attestation, as the onus lies with theme parks to ensure they are meeting this requirement. Disney has no choice but to follow this regulation, and they may choose to do so by also checking IDs at the gate. The state may also choose to shut-down theme parks again because they find out that OOS people are coming in to go to them. Or may decide to come up with more stringent guidelines because these aren’t being followed.

The bottom line is Disney has no choice in when OOS residents can enter their parks. There is no argument there. Disney can choose to be loose with following that regulation, but they have weighed the risks and decided that choice could result in their park being shut down again, so they won’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter