When did ticket prices make a big jump???

Eh, I may not like it but I can’t call it insane as long as people keep paying these prices.

Fwiw Disney raised prices in Feb and Dec of last year.

I just buy the UK tickets, they work out to be cheaper. You don’t need to be a UK resident to buy them. attractiontickets.com
Wow! I am always looking for ways to save. This is a good deal. We are doing a 6 day trip, but were only planning on 5 days and this is cheaper that 5 day hoppers through Undercover. Are there any additional fees?

Last edited:
Wow! I am always looking for ways to save. This is a good deal. We are doing a 6 day trip, but were only planning on 5 days and this is cheaper that 5 day hoppers through Undercover. Are there any additional fees?
Only extra cost was shipping.

You are preaching to a lot of the choir here on the boards. I had almost made a religion out of my love of WDW. I first visited with my young family. I have started to think about my next trip on my way home from the last one. Now I cannot justify any of it. As much enjoyment as I got out of it over almost 40 years the greed killed it for me. In 2008 I financed my entire family on a trip to WDW from Vermont. I paid for 9 people, 7 day tickets, airfare, car rental (2) and a 6 bedroom villa with enclosed pool, one mile from the entrance for $7300.00 total. I just looked up ticket prices just for the parks for that same period and it was close to $4800.00. Transportation for 7, plus that amazing private villa was around that for me at the time so, considering airfare is much higher now as well as car rentals and housing would be about the same thing (just guessing)

I'd estimate it would be at least 10 grand total. Stay onsite and I can't even count that high. It is a wonderful place that I loved, but just not worth the money anymore. Hell, in 2015 I went on a month long trip to Europe ending in a transAtlantic cruise back home for just a little over 7 grand. That included all expenses, all transportation and all meals. That was worth it.

I think Disney changed which dates were priced higher. In other words some dates.got a double whammy.

Disney wasn't adjusting theme park prices for ticket prices impacted by Covid changes in dates.

yet we still come. ticket prices will continue to rise until people stop buying them...simple supply and demand.

I hope the high ticket prices start to price people out...at least in the short term, maybe crowds will decline.

I don't think it ever was. It has always been expensive
Always expensive,but not always OBSCENELY expensive for what you get in return.

When I first started in 2003,they occasionally had some great deals.

For example,my first visit in 2003 was with a promotion called The Fairytale Package which was 7 day accommodations and Park Hoppers at 4 day prices and a framed picture/Limited Edition Pin of the just opened Mickey's Philharmagic.

And we then got Annual Passes and they were half of what they are now and at certain times of the year we could stay at a Value Resort for $49.00 a night with the AP discount.

So,even factoring in inflation,the jump from a $49.00 AP room to today's AP room rates is staggering.

And the elimination of free Fastpasses,the elimination of 1 hour AM Extra Magic Hours and 3 hour Evening Extra Magic Hours(ADORED Evening Extra Magic Hours!),not being able to roll out of bed and head to whatever Park struck my fancy at that time,not being able to Park Hop before 2:00 PM,etc.,etc. have made the experience much less enjoyable for much more money!

So it has been quite a few years,but there was a time when a trip to WDW felt like the value of the money spent was "close" to the value of the experience.

Not anymore.

But we are still going-for now.

I think we are in the same boat as a lot-when will the "frustration" just become too much?

Last edited:
I think Universal released ticket sale today …
Maybe WDW will have something discounted . Soon

AP announcement would be a nice surprise but do Not expect discount !

I’m guessing this $500 increase is for hopper passes? We went right after Thanksgiving 2022 with 7 day single park tickets for 3. Going back the same time this year and the increase is a little more than $200 total.

I did read that Disney changed the status of a couple days here and there to higher or lower pricing tiers.

Also I recently changed my package and maintained the pre-December price increase prices. It was cheaper to add another guest to my room and get them the same ticket I had, than for me to buy her a new 4 day ticket at current prices as a stand-alone.

I usually buy a minimum of a 7 day ticket and once you get over the price hump of 4-5 days it is not that terrible to add days. But I can understand people looking at the prices between 3-5 days and being like, nope cannot afford that extra day for 4-5 people.

I will also add that entertainment experiences are all insanely expensive now. I am taking my brother to a hockey game in Detroit in march. Tickets plus hotel for one night was 700ish dollars. Concert tickets are insane now with even B and C tier bands and singers selling at 90/ticket plus now. Broadway/theatre is easy 125 and up. Disney is priced within their segment. Not justifying the insane prices of 'in-person' entertainment but just saying, Disney is just keeping up with the Jones here in many respects.

Sticker shock! I have an AP and was unaware of ticket cost. DH and I staying at campground over Earth Day which is also my DD25's birthday. AK is her favorite park. I invited her plus one to join us. I also agreed to buy two 2-day park hoppers for her birthday. The cost: $799!! I paid but OMG!!!!!!

It's gonna be a great time but I don't see how Disney can get more expensive.

Sticker shock! I have an AP and was unaware of ticket cost. DH and I staying at campground over Earth Day which is also my DD25's birthday. AK is her favorite park. I invited her plus one to join us. I also agreed to buy two 2-day park hoppers for her birthday. The cost: $799!! I paid but OMG!!!!!!

It is going to be interesting to see if there will ever be a "tipping point".

The Parks are amazing of course,but is there a price that will be so outlandish attendance will suffer?

Will a $200.00 day ticket for one Park be it?

$300.00?

$400.00?

I am sure Disney will continue to "look" for that number!lol

Is there a way to buy tickets on this site besides the 7 day and 14 day ticket options?
No, they are special tickets for the UK, and they don’t sell the “regular” tickets on the site (they offer a 21 day ticket too, iirc).

$200/day is still cheaper than most concerts or sports events in this day and age. Even at that price I think there is value compared to other entertainment options. It’s not cheap by any means, though.

I’m a huge music lover but modern concerts are pricing me out; I used to see as many as I could and never worried about the cost of tickets but most major artists these days charge $200 minimum for a ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!