When did ticket prices make a big jump???

$200/day is still cheaper than most concerts or sports events in this day and age. Even at that price I think there is value compared to other entertainment options. It’s not cheap by any means, though.

I’m a huge music lover but modern concerts are pricing me out; I used to see as many as I could and never worried about the cost of tickets but most major artists these days charge $200 minimum for a ticket.
You're comparing apples to oranges. When I compare prices I look at other parks as they more similar then a concert or sporting event. $200 a day is way too much for theme park. Even what they charge now is not worth it. For the price they charge per day now I can buy a Cedar Fair platinum pass and visit multiple parks each year.

You're comparing apples to oranges. When I compare prices I look at other parks as they more similar then a concert or sporting event. $200 a day is way too much for theme park. Even what they charge now is not worth it. For the price they charge per day now I can buy a Cedar Fair platinum pass and visit multiple parks each year.
While on one hand, you are right, concerts and theme parks are not the same thing, on the other hand, one only has so much disposable income to spread around, and we each have to decide how we are going to spend it. How much value will I get for my entertainment dollars? Will a 2 hr concert for $200 be more valuable than a $200 Disney park ticket that give me 16 hrs of entertainment, or a Year Fair platinum pass? Like beauty, the answer is in the eye of the beholder. Each of us will place a different value on these things and spend accordingly.

We are here now and considered getting one day tickets. It would be $360 for two people. No way! That is just insane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter