When did ticket prices make a big jump???

jsand99

Mouseketeer
Just looked at ticket prices for our trip the first week of December. The price for 4 adult tickets for 6 days is over $500 more than the 2022 trip we just took. A 22% increase in the same time period is insane!

That's just crazy. $500 is the same amount my ticket purchases have gone up total from 2017-2022. This is causing selling my DVC to enter my mind. I can't help but feel I'm being ripped off. $2732 now with my employer discount up from $2228 just 4.5 months ago.

That's just crazy. $500 is the same amount my ticket purchases have gone up total from 2017-2022. This is causing selling my DVC to enter my mind. I can't help but feel I'm being ripped off. $2732 now with my employer discount up from $2228 just 4.5 months ago.
I don't think Disney can be considered a fair value destination anymore. The price premium may only make sense for a first time visitors, paying top dollar for a unique experience. (Also affordable for orlando area residents with lower cost passes, that don't buy Genie because they can always get that ride next time).

Historically ticket prices will increase again this month.
Yea I'm accustomed to seeing the price increases every year around this time. I just thought I may have missed some news because a $500 increase from 4.5 months ago for pretty much the same dates is way more than any price increases I've seen. At first I thought something was wrong with my employer's discount website so I checked Disney's price and it was almost $3000.

I don't think Disney can be considered a fair value destination anymore. The price premium may only make sense for a first time visitors, paying top dollar for a unique experience. (Also affordable for orlando area residents with lower cost passes, that don't buy Genie because they can always get that ride next time).
I feel the same. I just looked at what I paid for 6 park days during Halloween week in 2018 and it was just a little over $1800. I guess we are going to be doing less park days and more resort days because I just can't justify those prices.

Disney never cuts ticket prices so you should probably buy your tickets once you know you are definitely going. Waiting for a price reduction is a bad plan. We last went to Disney in 2019 and have ZERO plans to return. Over the years, Disney has raised their prices far greater then other vacation destinations we like to visit. Besides the high prices and constant increases, the parks are WAY more crowded then in the past which is really a hidden cost since it takes far longer to do the same number of rides/shows then in the past. What we used to be able to do in one day now typically takes two, so you also have to factor that into what your cost of a Disney vacation would be.

Even those who can afford the Disney prices will still compare the 'value' they get from various vacation destination choices.

Last edited:
I feel this 100%! Just paid over $1800 for only 3 park days for my family of four (without hoppers)! In comparison, we paid $2,300 in 2019 for 6 days with hoppers. The cost today for the same tickets is over $3,000!

We would normally do more park days, but cut it to 3 this year bc of the increase. We decided to try a day at Sea World (we’ve never taken the kids) and a day at Universal (same) with the remaining days instead. Ironically just as expensive but something new and different.

I think Disney will get a lot of people willing to pay the prices this year bc there are lots who didn’t travel during Covid and are looking to make that memory. But as far as return visits, I worry that they are pricing themselves out of the market. The experience is lesser than it used to be but it costs loads more. Just no longer even a value IMO. We stay deluxe and I’d be happy to pay the premium if the benefits were there but they’re just not. Food quality has declined, park experience has declined, the whole genie/$ill system is a hassle, etc. For those who have never been, they won’t know the difference. But I’m not sure any of it amounts to people wanting a return visit for a long stay.

Does anyone know if I book my travel dates for Nov to lock in the prices now but have to move/adjust any of those dates when I go to book flights will I lose my locked in ticket price? I'm guessing I will but not sure.

Does anyone know if I book my travel dates for Nov to lock in the prices now but have to move/adjust any of those dates when I go to book flights will I lose my locked in ticket price? I'm guessing I will but not sure.

Your prices are only guaranteed if you make no changes. Any changes to a package you’ll pay any new prices. If you buy your tickets outright & need to change dates, you’ll get credit for the price you paid, but again, will pay the price for your new dates, including any price increases.

I feel the same. I just looked at what I paid for 6 park days during Halloween week in 2018 and it was just a little over $1800. I guess we are going to be doing less park days and more resort days because I just can't justify those prices.
I think that less park days is what Disney had in mind with these outrageous increases.
It stands to reason that fewer park days per family will leave more room for more people to spend their money.
I know that If we ever go back, we won't do 7 to 10 days anymore, but would do 4 or 5 at the most, due to the increased cost. Maybe this was their endgame all the time?

I don't think it ever was. It has always been expensive

Your prices are only guaranteed if you make no changes. Any changes to a package you’ll pay any new prices. If you buy your tickets outright & need to change dates, you’ll get credit for the price you paid, but again, will pay the price for your new dates, including any price increases.

This is not necessarily true. I always book packages and often have to make changes like moving dates before the trip. I've never had to pay any increase in tickets that happened after I booked.

This is not necessarily true. I always book packages and often have to make changes like moving dates before the trip. I've never had to pay any increase in tickets that happened after I booked.
I'd agree. I purchased discounted 1-day tickets from the Dis ticket partner and when I modify, it is giving me the value for that day at current prices. Any changes are only if I am adding days or moving to a higher date-based ticket. I'm sure none of that makes sense, but it does in my head! ;D

I'd agree. I purchased discounted 1-day tickets from the Dis ticket partner and when I modify, it is giving me the value for that day at current prices. Any changes are only if I am adding days or moving to a higher date-based ticket. I'm sure none of that makes sense, but it does in my head! ;D

I’m not saying if you bought tickets elsewhere. I was referring to a Disney package that includes room & tickets. Those package prices are only guaranteed if you don’t make changes. Also plenty of reports of room rates going to higher price if rates changed between booking & new dates.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter