When Did I Get Voted Off of Skinny Island & Why is This Fat Shadow Stalking Me?

So, football season started yesterday for Malachi. That means practice on Mon-Fri from 6pm-8pm until school starts and then M, T & Th after school starts. Plus, we've got to fit 2 days of Taekwondo in there somewhere too. Which means lots of sitting around and late nights for us. Maybe I can take my tennis shoes and walk the trail @ the high school while he is at practice. I hate leaving him by himself for 2 hrs. though. He's soooo accident prone! He really has to watch his weight right now or he's not gonna make weigh-ins. Max weight for them is 130 and he was 120 @ the doctor's office last week. Hopefully the extra exercise at football will help him burn some extra calories.

Tracking for yesterday...

Monday, August 2nd
Bfast: Slim Fast Chocolate Shake
Lunch: 1/2 order Teriyaki Chicken & Shrimp w/ rice and those yummy sweet carrots from the japanese place
Dinner: Turkey Sandwich, 1/2 can of spaghettio's
Snack: apple

Total Cals: 1368

AUGUST 2ND DONE

I just plugged in my food at WW online and I LOOOVE it! So much easier than SparkPeople and 99% of the foods I was going to enter is there so not so much typing! :worship:

I looked at WW/Sparkpeople and compared the two. Based on the average that WW = 50 calories per point...It was dead in the middle of what Spark People recommended.

I never used the online tools before and really like how user friendly it is.

Ok - off to clean some more. Amazing how dirty a house can get when you are gone for over a month! :scared1:

Heather: Sorry to hear about the depressing weigh in. I had that same problem the week we went to the zoo with the whole dehydration thing (although to a lesser degree). Once my sodium levels stabilized, I was able to balance out the water weight and things went back to normal for the following week. Hoping this happens quickly for you too!!

Dawn: Isn’t ww online the best?? I just LOVE plugging everything into the computer and having it do the tracking for me. So easy and so effective!! I’m glad you’re loving it too.

Personal Update: We’re going to Niagara Falls tomorrow morning and staying overnight so I’ll have 48 hours of food on the go. I am packing food for both breakfasts and tomorrow’s lunch but we are thinking Rain Forest Café for dinner tomorrow (yikes!!) and probably fast food junk for lunch and dinner on Thursday. We’ve never been to the RFC…any suggestions on what to get??

Heather: Sorry to hear about the depressing weigh in. I had that same problem the week we went to the zoo with the whole dehydration thing (although to a lesser degree). Once my sodium levels stabilized, I was able to balance out the water weight and things went back to normal for the following week. Hoping this happens quickly for you too!!
Great advice for her! I think I drank a gallon of water yesterday because and still feel dehydrated with the heat levels here!

Personal Update: We’re going to Niagara Falls tomorrow morning and staying overnight so I’ll have 48 hours of food on the go. I am packing food for both breakfasts and tomorrow’s lunch but we are thinking Rain Forest Café for dinner tomorrow (yikes!!) and probably fast food junk for lunch and dinner on Thursday. We’ve never been to the RFC…any suggestions on what to get??

Ahemmm...I know the original owners of the RFC and the first one was at the Mall of America 20 minutes away! They looked like loons trying to staple ivy and leaves in their apartment while designing their idea for how to make it real looking!

I always get a pasta dish (Rasta Pasta w/ bowtie pasta) they make - enough to split for sure a bit spicy but not bad at all. Their burgers are good I hear as well and I love their Caesar salad. They used to make a fantastic deep friend PB&J dusted with powder sugar but alas...that is long gone.

VOLCAAAAANO for dessert to split for sure!

hi i have gone way down hill and am ready to recommit i have just gotten off a disney cruise and while on vacation i avalanched to over 300 lbs (how's that for a birthday present!) i am ready to do whatever it takes

hi i have gone way down hill and am ready to recommit i have just gotten off a disney cruise and while on vacation i avalanched to over 300 lbs please help

Like I said...let us know what we can do but as I know from experience...weight is something that will come off when YOU are ready, not any of us. You are young and that is good. You are young and that scares the heck out of me for you because I know how much harder it is to loose weight when you get older and I do not want you facing this weight at 40.

It is a life change and you have to be ready to say goodbye to the life that lead you here. For me, that is way harder to do than simply knowing I needed to do something different. I am a creature of habit and I am lazy. What I knew and how I lived was easy. The unknown and doing something different requires mental work and physical work and that is hard. I can't just order the regular at MCD's.

I have to think about what I am putting in my mouth and I can't fool myself that I can start tomorrow because the reality is I am almost 40 and there are no guarantees of how many tomorrows God is going to give me when I do not take advantage of today.

We are here for you but you have to be here for yourself Megan and we will work WITH you!!!! :grouphug:

On my way to the beach for a couple of days. I promise I will try to work out and eat right while I'm gone. I promise.

Welcome back, Megan!

Dawn- Very cool that the WW website sounds so user friendly.

Allison- Sounds like you're going to be busy, busy, busy! Don't forget to let yourself come first sometimes. :hug:

Julie & Emily- Hope you enjoy your mini-vacations!

Good day here yesterday, hit the pool and got some exercise during the afternoon, then went to have dinner with my Mom. Got my walk in this morning already, but it was like walking in a sauna...so gross!

Tracking-
Breakfast- Egg beater omelette w/ lean ham and FF cheddar, 100 cal english muffin, peach.
Lunch- LC Beef Tips Dijon.
Dinner- Pulled chicken, cran-raspberry sauce, bun, salad.
Snacks- Kashi cookie, yogurt, granola thin, shortcake w/ blueberries & peaches.

Cals- 1488 (1440-1790)
Aug 3rd- Done!

Here are the results from this weeks weigh in!!!

Slim numbers reporting but that is cause 1/2 the Castaways are on vacay!!!

I am going to use WW scale weigh in for Mondays from here on out. I know it will be a bit different since my original weight I use for here was my home scale and neked...but eventually it will even out and then head down!

Dis Name Name Total Loss
Dizneydawn Dawn up 2.4
Stitchfan23 Heather -14.7
Stacybaeasm Stacy X
MulanUSAF Leen X
gellybean Aimee X
Leash Alicia X
MNdisneygirl Sheree X
luvsJack Sharon X
PixiePlanner Jessica X
Shellabell Michelle -13.9
ski_mom Becky X
eliz 991 Elizabeth X
Hanutedmansionmommna Michele -4
Duchie Barb -38.3
Mom2Faith Amy X
tlenzendorf Tricia -6.3
CrabbyyetLovable Amy X
albertamommyof4 Tammy -23
2 eagle mom Jane X
njcarita Cary X
zoegirl Bree X
officereg Sara -28
Octoberbeauty Sherry X
Scrappy_Tink Kelly X
pipersmom Amanda 24.2
stayhomemom77 Julie -25.1
adnilele Danielle X
anna114 Anna X
graciejane Grace X
pwmitch237 Patrick X
mstinson14 Megan up 14
zela Zela X
GaRain Lara X
Tricia1972 Tricia X
bunkkinsmom Emily -0.6

Total Loss 161.4

BTW - the new Chapter will be starting soon! I will post here the link when done!!!

Tracking for yesterday...

Tuesday, August 3rd
Bfast: Slim Fast Chocolate Shake, Apple
Lunch: McDonald's McDouble, 12 oz. Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Dinner: Burger King Chicken Sandwich (no mayo), small fries
Snack: Snickers 90 Cal. Ice Cream Bar

Total Cals: 1665

AUGUST 3RD DONE

Sooo....I haven't been able to exercise since saturday. :( The reason? I got my Depo shot, (I've been on it before, and this was my second one this time) and I had and allergic reaction to it! We had previously decided to take my godson to Disneyland, so after we left the doctor's we picked him up. It was HOT (well not florida hot, but hot for here!) and I thought at first I had heat rash, but it was really really itchy. So then I thought I was having an allergic reaction from our laundry soap, and I rewashed all the laundry I had done, and I took a bath in my soothing milk. My rash still itched and it started spreading all over! My boyfriend was the one who pointed out that it started close to the injection site, and was the most concentrated around that.

I called the doctor, and they basically said there's nothing they can do. I can't take benadryl at work anymore because I was starting to make mistakes and fall asleep. I feel like I'm going to have this rash until the shot wears off in three months! I don't know what to do, and I'm supposed to be leaving for my wonderful, awesome birthday trip on the 18th. How can my trip be awesome if I'm all rashy and itchy?

I guess the silver lining is that my weight is exactly the same.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on here lately, but I start school next Monday, so I'm super busy.

Food Tracking:

Friday, July 30, 2010:
Breakfast: Cheerios (240)
Lunch: Popcorn (100)
Dinner: Snapple (180)/Tilapia (160)/Thai Chicken (290)/Sushi (280)
Exercise: NONE

Saturday, July 31, 2010
Breakfast: Cheerios (240)
Lunch: Popcorn (100)
Dinner: Chicken/Mashed Potatoes/Pretzles/Fruit (300)
Snack: Venti DCCF (NF Milk, NO W/C) (350)
Exercise: None

Sunday, August 1, 2010
Breakfast: Cheerios (240)/Snapple (160)
Lunch: Subway Sandwich
Dinner: Jamablaya/Pizza Rolls/Bagel Bites
Snack: Popcorn
Exercise: NONE

Monday, August 2, 2010
Breakfast: Cheerios (240)/Frappacino (200)
Lunch: Sonic #1 with Tater Tots & a Diet Coke
Dinner: Pizza
Snack: None
Exercise: Bike/S-Mast/Arc-Trainer/Calf Rotations

Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Breakfast: Cheerios
Lunch: Pizza
Dinner: Spaghetti
Dinner: Pizza
Exercise: Tubing

Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Breakfast: Cheerios
Lunch: Crawfish Pasta
Dinner: Burger
Snack: Popcorn
Exercise: None :(

Junior Year's just around the corner...I'm excited for this year as I'm taking some cool classes...but I'm kinda nervous because my schedule is not good. Oh well.

July 30 DONE! Veggies Done!
July 31 DONE! Veggies Done!
August 1 DONE! Veggies DONE!
August 2 DONE! Veggies DONE!
August 3 DONE! Veggies DONE!
August 4 DONE! Veggies DONE!

as a bonus... I got on the scale the other day, and I was under 190. Which means I've lost over 50 pounds.......YAHOO!

"I cannot build DESIRE, you must find your own PURPOSE." - Jillian Michaels.

Hi everyone,

Sorry for being MIA for the weekend and most of the week. I’m feeling better, but I finally bit the bullet and made an appt for a physical on Monday. I’m so tired of being tired, having a really hard time losing any weight no matter what I try and I’m worried that I might be starting the big M. I emailed my doctor and asked if there were any blood tests that I could take before we met so we could discuss the results. I had the blood draw this morning and I’ve already gotten some of the results (Kaiser posts results as soon as they are done). Mostly the numbers are in the lower of the normal range except for my Ferritin levels are 5 when normal is 22 – 291. Apparently that means that my body isn’t processing the protein that binds to iron. Looks like I’ll probably be taking some iron supplements. I’m hoping that it’s that simple of a fix and I’ll have more energy and be able to put more into working out than I have lately.

My weight has been all over the boards lately. I'm up but honestly I don't remember what I was last week (my tracker is at work). I was doing well and actually got down to my lowest and now it’s starting to creep back up. I’m trying to control my calories, but I’m once again back to being lax about tracking. I do really well at work (mostly) but then I get home and this past week I’ve been too tired to even turn on the computer.

I really need to make it a priority and just do it. I do my best when I’m checking daily and know that I have to post my food log. As Velma Kelly (or was it the other lead?) said from Chicago “I just can’t do it alone” and you all have been a great support and I just need to keep up my part of the bargin.

Work related ramble – feel free to skip
Right now I can’t for the life of me remember who was asking about when you know its time to switch jobs. I’m starting to wonder that myself. I’m having a hard time at work lately. I don’t know if I’m just not happy because I’m not really doing the job that I was hired for (due to layoffs my co-worker and I are now doing someone elses job in addition to our normal duties because our normal duties have been reduced). Does that make sense? I’m a meeting planner and because we aren’t doing as many events we have taken over the recognition awards for the company. I like the processing of the awards but I just don’t feel like I’m good at the strategic part of that particular job. For instance, my boss asked us to come up with some e-cards that people could send to co-workers for a specific project. I really worked hard on trying to match the specific goals/qualities that they were trying to focus on and she just told me today that I needed to go back to the drawing board because they weren’t what she was looking for. I’m just not that type of thinker and she says this is supposed to “stretch me”, no what it is doing is making me feel stupid. Ok, rant/ramble over. Like I said I may be starting Menopause so maybe it is hormones that are making me feel stupid. Just not a good time with mid-year reviews coming next week….:confused3

2-Eagle-Mom, I TOTALLY understand your work rant. I was just let go from Starbucks after over 6 years. I knew it was coming, the company has changed so much, and most people would've left before I did. But frankly with the economy, I knew that they would find a reason to get rid of me and I knew it wouldn't be a good one. And I really need the unemployment (that' kind of sad, but I do). My family is super supportive and right now I am on a one night 3 generation girl trip with my mom! Companies all over are changing a lot, my friend Lalo is leaving TGIFridays after 16 years!

So tracking for yesterday:

Breakfast: Granola cereal and nonfat milk 210
Lunch: Bojangles Chicken Biscuit 450
Dinner: Shrimp and Tasso Ham pasta in a Cajun Cream Sauce, Dinner Roll
(no idea the calorie count, but I didn't eat it all, and I could've!;))

Exercise: Ocean play and pool work ;)
I am actually sore from this a little! It's been YEARS since I've been in a pool, and longer with the ocean.

My boyfriend was the one who pointed out that it started close to the injection site, and was the most concentrated around that.

How can my trip be awesome if I'm all rashy and itchy?
Did you call a different Doc? Just because he/she does not know of something that will work, does not mean it does not exist. I might even suggest a dermatologist - someone who specializes in skin will have more experience.

We have a tub of ointment Baylor got when he was burned that helps with itches/bugbites/sunburn/burns and almost everything short of the bubonic plague. It is a miracle worker - called Silvadine and priceybut there are others.

I am wondering if something topical can help - what about Benadryl non drowsy? I hope it gets better for you soon!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on here lately, but I start school next Monday, so I'm super busy.
This seems cruel to me. Isn't August 9th beyond early? When do you get out in May/June? My kids go back Aug 30th and that is early - usually never before Labor Day here.

as a bonus... I got on the scale the other day, and I was under 190. Which means I've lost over 50 pounds.......YAHOO!

GREAT JOB!!!!!
"I cannot build DESIRE, you must find your own PURPOSE." - Jillian Michaels.
I love this quote because it fits so many other arenas in our lives as well.
Hi everyone,

Sorry for being MIA for the weekend and most of the week. I’m feeling better, but I finally bit the bullet and made an appt for a physical on Monday. I’m hoping that it’s that simple of a fix and I’ll have more energy and be able to put more into working out than I have lately.
I hope so as well for you!!!! Not fun being tired all the time at all!

For instance, my boss asked us to come up with some e-cards that people could send to co-workers for a specific project. I really worked hard on trying to match the specific goals/qualities that they were trying to focus on and she just told me today that I needed to go back to the drawing board because they weren’t what she was looking for.
I just went through something like this with Treyner this year in an art class. One of his art teachers had a project that she had a specific ideal in mind for. You were supposed to take 2 pictures that had nothing to do with one another and draw them united. (Example - a Jewish young man in a plane holding his immigration pics and out the plane window you see the Statue of Liberty.) These were two actual photographs so you had to show her them so she knew they did exist and then combine them to make a new meaning. Treyner brought her like 9 different ideas, she had him rough sketch them and then said, "No, not what I was thinking." He was ready to quit his major after her because he felt like if he can't get even a concept in a class, how will he handle the actual job.

So finally one pleased her and he had 2 days to draw it rather than the 2 weeks he should have. I get that for him in his field, there will be clients who he needs to figure out what they want if they do not have the words to utilize to get him to that point easily. But she is a teacher and should have the vocabulary and when you have a student asking you for help, saying please explain more what you are looking for and all she says is, "I am not sure but that is not it," all he wanted to do was throttle her by the end.

Anywayyy....if I was asked to come up with a budget for a company party when I was hired to make hallmark e-cards, I would be fired. That is not how my brain works. I would be fired within a week. We all have different talents and that is why we went into one field of work not another. With all these job cuts and new combines, it is a wonder anyone can do a job role when it is always evolving.

If you want - I will try and help with card ideas...that is more up my alley than anything. Send me a PM anytime. :hug:

2-Eagle-Mom, I TOTALLY understand your work rant. I was just let go from Starbucks after over 6 years. I hope you find something better just as soon as you are ready!!!
Exercise: Ocean play and pool work ;)
I am actually sore from this a little! It's been YEARS since I've been in a pool, and longer with the ocean.
It is isn't it!!! Charleston was awesome and I love the exercise in the water!!

I'm here, just really busy. I am reading everyday but just not posting as much. I was really proud of myself this morning. I completely fell off the wagon last night but picked myself up this morning and started again. We have a ravine near us that is pretty steep. I walked over and climbed up and down the hill twice. Doesn't sound like much but it just about killed me. I was so happy that I had done it until I realized that I still had to walk home. :rotfl:

Sorry for being MIA for the weekend and most of the week. I’m feeling better, but I finally bit the bullet and made an appt for a physical on Monday. I’m so tired of being tired, having a really hard time losing any weight no matter what I try and I’m worried that I might be starting the big M. I emailed my doctor and asked if there were any blood tests that I could take before we met so we could discuss the results. I had the blood draw this morning and I’ve already gotten some of the results (Kaiser posts results as soon as they are done). Mostly the numbers are in the lower of the normal range except for my Ferritin levels are 5 when normal is 22 – 291. Apparently that means that my body isn’t processing the protein that binds to iron. Looks like I’ll probably be taking some iron supplements. I’m hoping that it’s that simple of a fix and I’ll have more energy and be able to put more into working out than I have lately.

I am really happy to hear that you are going to the dr. I had similar symptums (I can't spell) 7 or 8 years ago and basically had a breakdown before hubby forced me to see my dr. My problems were caused by very heavy and prolonged women's issues. I couldn't even walk up a flight of stairs without having to rest half way up. I was diagnossed with servere iron deficent amemia. People who hear this mistake it for general anemia but it is very serious and can lead to major health issues. It took me 6 months of weekly iron injections plus daily iron pills to start to feel better and about another 6 months to be back to normal. I really hope this is not what you have but please get things checked out ASAP.

Hey everyone! I've been here, but with company in town just had time to read. So now it's catch-up time.

I just plugged in my food at WW online and I LOOOVE it! So much easier than SparkPeople and 99% of the foods I was going to enter is there so not so much typing! :worship:

I love the online tools! I like how you can create meals and foods, then it just makes it simpler to enter the next time around. After I while, I'm getting pretty good at guessing point count on new things as well. I think this is where WW has helped me the most - by making me aware of the nutritional "cost" of food, if that makes any sense.

On my way to the beach for a couple of days. I promise I will try to work out and eat right while I'm gone. I promise.

OK, but still have fun! :)

Wow, that is early for starting back to school. My kiddos don't go back until the 23rd. I wish they started earlier, but not quite as early as you. And I'm so proud of your loss! :cool1: Keep up the good work!

Work related ramble – feel free to skip
Right now I can’t for the life of me remember who was asking about when you know its time to switch jobs. I’m starting to wonder that myself. I’m having a hard time at work lately. I don’t know if I’m just not happy because I’m not really doing the job that I was hired for (due to layoffs my co-worker and I are now doing someone elses job in addition to our normal duties because our normal duties have been reduced). Does that make sense? I’m a meeting planner and because we aren’t doing as many events we have taken over the recognition awards for the company. I like the processing of the awards but I just don’t feel like I’m good at the strategic part of that particular job. For instance, my boss asked us to come up with some e-cards that people could send to co-workers for a specific project. I really worked hard on trying to match the specific goals/qualities that they were trying to focus on and she just told me today that I needed to go back to the drawing board because they weren’t what she was looking for. I’m just not that type of thinker and she says this is supposed to “stretch me”, no what it is doing is making me feel stupid. Ok, rant/ramble over. Like I said I may be starting Menopause so maybe it is hormones that are making me feel stupid. Just not a good time with mid-year reviews coming next week….:confused3

Hey Jane :hug: Sorry it's been so rough for you. Hopefully you'll feel better after talking to your doctor and finding a simple solution.

As for your work situation, been there. I agree with what Dawn said on this completely. A few years ago a friend of mine contacted me. She was starting up her own event planning business and wanted to know if I’d be interested in joining her team. I told her I loved the idea (it’s one of my talents – you should see some of the kids’ birthday parties I’ve put together). I cautioned her that I was not a salesman at all – she was someone who could sell anything (one of her talents) so I told her that if she sold them, I’d plan them. I also said I didn’t want to do weddings. Fast forward a few months and I find myself in a position where I’m trying to sell our services to clients AND planning a wedding because one of our planners quit. I spoke to her again and told her that this wasn’t a good fit for me. She said, “Hon, I know you can do this if you just stretch yourself a little bit.” Um, no, not when every single aptitude test I’ve ever taken in my life advised me to stay away from sales. It was a total disaster! The company eventually kind of fell apart. There were many reasons for it (economy, bad business management, personal issues, etc.) and I was always disappointed that I didn’t get to do what I was really good at.

NEW CHAPTER IS UP!!!! PLease go there to continue this journey!!! :cool1:

Something new..BTW - if you can pm me a pic of you and a 3-4 sentence describing your journey/ success so far/plan you follow and intro about you...I will post them on our roll call post!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2526079

Ok, confession time, I have fallen off the band wagon and HARD, too...

We have less than 4 weeks until we leave for Vegas and I'm really disappointed in myself. I am nowhere close to where I KNOW I could be. I am getting back on the band wagon with exercise and diet NOW. There is a good chance I could lose 10 pounds before we go and that wuold make me happy.

With the puppies its like having 2 newborns. Its easier to just eat crappy and deal than it is to eat healthy and run and work out. we have another 5k that we are doing as a group thru work coming up Sept 26 and I NEED to get moving. I am bound and determined to be able to run it in less than 30 minutes.

Time to go, Harley just peed on the floor :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!