When Did I Get Voted Off of Skinny Island & Why is This Fat Shadow Stalking Me?

Amanda – Good job on getting out and walking every day. Piper is learning some great lessons.

Julie – My problem food is ice cream so I have a hard time having that in the house. I do better with pre-proportioned frozen items. Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches, etc. I’m almost out need to get some more this weekend. Just think of all the calories you’ll be burning while helping your sister move.

Elizabeth – While there wasn’t any definitive news from your doctors visit at least he is watching it and hopefully the new meds will help the pain. Great news that he doesn’t think there is any concerns for you finishing your clinicals, a second pregnancy or your trip in Nov.

I stayed on track for the rest of Thursday. Today was harder. I ate the leftover scone from yesterday’s visit to Panera (YIKES!! I should have checked the cals before I ate it) 410 calories!!! Then lunch was at a hotel for a teambuilding event, 2 rolls, salad, chicken and then strawberry cheesecake for dessert. Tonight’s dinner will really need to be well chosen.

This weekend will be really quiet. We don’t have any plans to do anything special. Laundry, shopping and hopefully a nice long walk.

I can’t remember if I said that everyone loved the cake with applesauce last night. It was just a box of lemon cake mix, 1 cup of applesauce and 1 cup of water. Mix and bake. I put it in a bundt pan and we all just ate it without any frosting. My family is funny like that, plain cake is fine.

I prefer cake with no frosting. YUMMY!

I know what everyone is talking about. I had a hard couple of days. We went to the county fair on Thursday. Boy that elephant ear was so good! And well you just cannot go to the fair without eating junk. I actually think it is a law!:confused3

I was ok with the overboard eating because I knew I was going to be hitting the gym in the morning. But alas, my daughter was up all night teething and I was still awake at the time I normally go! :scared1:

Speaking of the gym, I am a little bummed because my once 24 hour gym has now changed its hours to 5am-11:30pm. I can still get my running in if I get there at 5, but it will be a busy morning. I really enjoy going at 4am and then leisurely getting ready for work before the baby get up. Oh well

Hi all :)

Not so great w/ tracking, I can't remember what I ate yesterday! I am being so/so to good with calorie intake every other day, which I have to assume will keep me at my current weight forever. UGH! Have to say I am eating healthier, definitely. I am also exercising daily. Having this board to talk to everyone has been helpful too!

I actually looked into hypnotism today. Not sure if it would work for me, but it would be nice to have a different script in my head for times that I usually head for the pantry, ya know? anyone else try this?

Patrick - just want to say how awesome it is to "watch" you do so well! :thumbsup2

lizzyb - glad you got some answers!

2 eagle - can't believe a scone is 410 cals. omg. at least we're looking at calories, I guess. Have a good low-key weekend :)

cereal/skim
chick fil a sandwich
homemade grilled pizza w/ eggplant, cheese, pesto, tomato
light pringles for snack

June 30 done

Julie- Marineland sounds great! I'm the same way with ice cream..it's easy for me to control the portions with it. Bread seems to be my downfall.

Elizabeth- I'm glad you got some answers and that the Dr wasn't overly concerned..ie..surgery scheduled immediately. It sounds like it was caught somewhat early, though obviously not as early as you'd hope. :hug:

Emily- Woohoo for a 5k! C25K is in the back of my mind, not sure if it's going to migrate to the front or not, lol..I always hated running in hs and college!

Jane- Thank you! We'll see how much of this sticks with her at her Dad's..if she comes back at +10 again, I'm going to be :mad:. Sounds like a nice quiet weekend for you!

Michele- The accountability in posting my tracking here is part of what keeps me going! I love it, and all the new friends I've made.

Good day here yesterday, we hit the pool and then headed to Ruby Tuesday last night. That was a huge splurge for us, we usually eat out once a month, and normally subway or taco bell. I was able to find a "buy one, get one" coupon online. Piper and I looked at the menu and decided what we "could" eat and were ready to order when we got there! (My Mom went with us also.) So..once we were there we ran into an old friend..talked to him for a bit, and didn't think much more of it until after we had eaten and were told that he had picked up the check!! I almost started crying, he had no idea how much that helped me out. Piper and I talked about "paying it forward" and made a nice life lesson out of it. On the way home we stopped and got a thank you card, filled it out, and put it in the mail to him.

Piper and I will leave for WVa here in about an hour for her Dad to pick her up. I'll enjoy the break, but I miss her already! Her nutritionist sent a letter for her Dad about appropriate foods and calorie intake for her, hopefully that will help, but we'll see. Piper and I have also talked extensively about how hard she's worked while she's home and what a shame it would be for it all to go down the drain. We also did some roleplay about making healthy choices. All right, I'm off for now and will catch up with everyone tonight!

Tracking-
Breakfast- Eggbeater omelette w/ ham and FF cheddar, 100 cal eng muffin, brummel & brown.
Lunch- LF eggroll, yogurt.
Dinner- Memphis dry rub ribs, steamed broccoli, salad, a couple bites of white cheddar mashed potatoes.
Snacks- 100 cal pack of lorna doones.

Cals- 1467 (1440-1790)

July 30th- Done!

Hey everyone!

We're back from our mini-vacation so time to catch up with everyone.

First of all, it looks like we have a lot of new castaways, so welcome aboard everyone! Glad to have you on this journey with us.

Aimee, hang in there. :hug: I hope whatever is going on is resolved soon, and remember we're here if you need to talk.

Lizzy, so sorry to hear about your health issues. It sounds like you got a little bit of good news in there at least.

Allison, that cake is amazing!

Tricia, OMG those puppies are adorable!

Our trip was a short one. We stayed at a waterpark resort which provided a refridgerator and microwave in our room, so I packed snacks and healthy stuff for breakfasts and lunches. We did a breakfast buffet one day and I let myself relax and have a little bit of everything, even the "bad" stuff. And it was good :) The upside was that I was not hungry for the rest of the day, so it wasn't too bad. We went to Six Flags one day (lots of walking) and I think we had ice cream for dinner that night (yep, I let my kids eat ice cream for dinner when we're on vacation - and I joined them.) I kinda tried to track my food but it got to be too hard after a while so I gave up. But I'm back to tracking today.

So I'll probably be up next week, and I totally don't care either. It was a short trip, and totally worth every single calorie. ;)

Amanda – how fantastic of your friend to pick up the tab for your dinner. I’ve just been reading a thread on the DIS about Magical Moments. Good to know they don’t only happen at WDW. I’ve been to a Ruby Tuesday’s how in the world did you find something to eat there that was healthy? I remember eating burgers, milkshakes, fries, etc all the fatty/high cal foods that I used to eat. I looked up the cinnamon roll once and I don’t remember exactly how many calories it was but I do remember it was 35 WW points!!!

Hopefully Pipers Dad will listen to the advice that the nutritionist gave, or even better hopefully Piper will make some fantastic choices for herself and teach her Dad what she should be eating. Wouldn’t that just be a kick in the pants?

Barb – Welcome back. Sounds like your vacation was a good break.

Today is turning out to be challenging. I had such plans to get organized and it just hasn’t panned out. Got our haircuts this morning, then planned our weekly menu, went out shopping and then put everything away and just plopped in the chair. We’re waiting for it to get a little cooler before we go out for our walk. Of course that means that I’ve been munching the day away. Tomorrow I’m going to get up and after a healthy breakfast I’m going to get out in the garage and clean and organize! There hopefully now that I’ve said that I’ll actually do it.

Barb- Welcome back, sounds like you had a good time!

Jane- I have to admit, I would be lost without the online nutritional info on most websites now. I saved calories throughout the day where I could so I'd be able to eat there last night. The ribs were like 460 cals and 28 fat gr. My daily max fat grams are like 58. Yesterday was the closest I ever came to the max! It was so worth it though.

Got Piper safely dropped off and enjoyed the solitude on the drive home. It's about 6 hrs round trip, I was going to use today as my off day, but it was drizzling so nicely and was cool, so I walked this evening. My butt is now officially kicked, but now I can sleep in tomorrow morning and use it as my off day, Hooray! I'll enter my food in the am, I am going to bed! Hope everyone had a great day!!

Hey everyone! ! ! :goodvibes

Just wanted to check in before we leave for Florida tomorrow!

Things have gotten better, personally at home, and for those that aren't on facebook my sister got a fairly good report at the doctor last week. Her cyst is still there... it's developed on her ovary since her hysterectomy, most likely because of her blood thinners. Which means the cyst is full of blood. Not great if it bursts! BUT the clots in her lungs have dissolved, the damage from the lack of blood flow from the clots is healing itself, and her diverticulitis that was caused from all the iron pills she was on because of the blood thinners has healed itself as well. So overall very very good news!

She'll follow up in 6 wks and they are hoping that the cysts will start to shrink.

We are leaving tomorrow to Disney. We'll be there for 4 nights and then we're driving to Jacksonville to stay 3 nights at my mother in laws. Then we'll head home with one night on the road! We're super excited.

My mom will be there to share food with me so hopefully I won't see the gain that I did on the DxDDP back in January. I have actually held my own weight wise through all the drama of the last two weeks. I was down this morning a few lbs from my last WISH weigh in.

I have every intention of getting back on WISH and Livestrong, tracking and counting calories! I quit the Y. Had way too many administrative issues and my sister never joined so I quit and will be joining my little local, 3 mins down the road gym again. I also finally got ZUMBA in. It was back ordered. I'm really enjyoing it!! The boys like doing it with me! :thumbsup2

Anyway, I miss you all and am looking forward to getting back into a routine and hopefully some normalcy around here again! School starts back two weeks after we return from vakay! Time does fly!

I will do my best to catch up and quote when we get back from Florida!!

Best wishes to you all!!

:grouphug:

Amanda - I hope you enjoyed your "day off". Enjoy the quiet time.

Aimee - I'm SO glad to hear things are calming down for your family. I wish you a safe and relaxing vacation. After everything that has happened you all deserve it. Can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back.

Today did not start off as I had hoped. I woke up at 5:30am and discovered that I needed to drink as much cranberry juice as I could stomach and take some pain meds (bet you can guess why). This one started up really fast and was really painful. Called the advice nurse at 6:30 and they had the doctor call in a prescription (wasn't ready till noon). Thankfully I have some OTC meds that at least stop the pain (but they make me nautious) so my day of getting things done has pretty much blown out the window. I wasn't able to get back to sleep so I'm exhausted and feeling crappy.:sick:

Hopefully tomorrow will be better because I have a department meeting and I'll need to be perky and cheerful. :mad:

Evening all! Busy day today, went with my Mom to the closest "large town" and hit Tarjaaaay and Sam's. Found some stuff for Piper, a few outfits and some school supplies she needed, she won't be home until about 2 days before school starts, so I do quite a bit of the shopping without her, luckily, I know her taste! I was hoping to find a sports bra, but evidently fat chics aren't supposed to exercise. :rolleyes: The couple I did find were not supportive at all, I could tell without even trying them on! I think at some point I'm going to have to bite the bullet and shell out $40 or so..ugh.

Aimee- I hope you have a wonderful time at Disney!! Looking forward to seeing you around more when school starts. :goodvibes

Jane- I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. :hug: Hoping you'll wake up feeling better tomorrow and that it will start an upward trend!

Tracking-

Breakfast- Yogurt
Lunch- Whopper Jr 1/2 bun, no cheese, no mayo, & apple fries.
Dinner- LF eggrolls, grapes.
Snacks- WW choccy chip cookie, string cheese, leftover crab cake.
Calories- 1438 (1440-1790)

July 30th- Done!

Breakfast- Subway Western egg white w/ spinach & tomato.
Lunch- :rolleyes1
Dinner- Five Guys Little cheeseburger- no mayo, 1/2 order of small fries.
Snacks- Mini cheese croissant, grapes, FF pringles, 1 biscoff cookie.

I couldn't resist when my mom offered five guys..lol. I comforted myself with the thought I used to get the regular sized cheeseburger and eat a small fry by myself! I may snack on something to get up to 1400, but I doubt it.

Cals- 1173 (1440-1790)
July 31st- Done!

Lots and lots of organizing to do at the studio today. Lots and lots. Only down -0.6 this week. I had a very tough weekend in the food department. We did the "Soul Picnic" concert this weekend and my best friend is the manager at the TGIFridays right down the road from there. Even though it's in Cary and that's like only an hour from me, we don't see each other much. So breakfast at home, lunch at Bojangles, dinner at Fridays, and late night at Fridays makes for a very HEAVY Saturday!!! I guess I should be happy about the .6 !

At any rate, walked 1.7 already today, so this week should be better!

Good Morning all!

I am back from the month of July being on the road, eating out, eating food I do not make at camp and eating on the road.SC was great, Treyner is moved in and I am excited to have my life back to normal this month!!! I miss you guys terrible!

News: I am joining WW today with my sister. I have bounced in and out of WW a total of 3 times in this journey over the past 12 years but never for more than a few months. I always felt that I liked the face to face accountability and support but never felt like I learned a lot about foods and so often ate poorly but within my points. I know they are changing up that and focusing on better foods to maximize the points vs. 10 candy bars and 2 beers for example.

I will see what has all changed but might still track my food for awhile on Sparkpeople to keep my eyes open to what amounts I am eating and what makes up the food I eat. I also think it will be interesting to see how much the recommendations differ for the conversion of points to calories/protein/carbs etc..

When I say I am joining with my sister, she is also joining this week but we are probably not going at the same place or time. Just something we can support each other with when we talk and see one another.

We are on page 200 today, so I will start our 2nd chapter after all the weights are in tom. I am excited to keep the momentum going and continue to grow this band of Skinny Island groupies. To see changes in those like me who have yet to figure out their why and hit their stride with continual downward scale numbers, to cheer on those who are nearing their goal and just overall continue to be the supportive group of amazing people that makes us so unique.

Since I hope to see many more chapters to come, I tried to think of a way to honor those that set the bar high here. Not only in weight loss but as importantly in morale, attitude, support towards others and an acceptance of everyone's flaws as well as strengths. I will send a pm to the "Castaway of the Chapter" and ask that person to write a message to the group and any new people who might choose to join." Their message will be posted within the introductory post of the new chapter.

Since this is not "my" thread but ours, I would like your input. When you send me your weights today, if you would also send a suggestion along as to who you would like to nominate for "Castaway of the Chapter" I would love to count your vote in! :yay:

I have deleted my inbox so send me your weights! Today is the end of the first three week challenge on percent of body weight loss! I will post results tom!

Good morning all! I am -3.4 for the week!! It makes up for the last couple of weeks, for sure! Been out to do my walk this morning and finally made a personal goal to get to the end of the 3rd road I turn off on! It's 4 miles and I made it in an hour..woohoo. I think I'm going to be in a great mood all day. :goodvibes

Emily- I would say the .6 is awesome, all things considered. Your body will catch up as long as you put the effort in! :hug: Hope you have a great day at the studio.

I keep forgetting to do the weigh-in thing on Mondays until I get to work and see that everyone is posting their +/- for the week. Maybe it's because deep down inside I'm afraid to step on that scale!:scared1:

Anyway, here's my tracking for the weekend.

Friday, July 30th
Bfast: 1 c. Cheerios w/ 6 oz. 2% Milk
Lunch: Taco Bell Chicken Burrito, McDonald's Snack Size Fruit & Walnut Salad w/o walnuts
Dinner: Beefaroni Mini-cup, Ham Sandwich

Total Cals: 1450

Saturday, July 31st
Bfast: Planters Nut-rition Bar
Lunch: Cracker Barrel Chicken & Rice w/ Carrots
Dinner: Ham Sandwich, Spaghettios
Snack: Cheetos

Total Cals: 1578

Sunday, August 1
Bfast: None
Lunch: 1/2 Chicken Cheesesteak Sub w/ fries from local restaurant
Dinner: 1/2 slice Little Caesers Pizza, Handful of Chips w/ 1 tbsp. french onion dip, 1 square of birthday cake

Total Cals: 1700ish

JULY 30TH DONE
JULY 31ST DONE
AUGUST 1ST DONE

Yay!! :yay: Dawn's back! Welcome back Dawn, we missed you!!:hug:

I had a very busy week last week. I was too busy to exercise properly :sad2: so I was terribly low on exercise points and I was worried that it would have an adverse affect on my weight loss. I weighed in on Thursday and didn't see any change on the scale so I wasn't expecting much this morning. I figured I'd see half a pound, if I was lucky.

I stepped on my new scale with a sense of trepidation...despite being well within my points for the week, that McDonalds/chips day was haunting my thoughts and I was sure the scale would stick it's tongue out at me with a "sorry, sucka...you still fat!!"

I almost fell over when the scale read 235.9!! :faint:

I hopped off and then on again two more times just to be sure the weight was accurate but the number never changed. :cool1:

That mean I am down 1.9 pounds this week!!:woohoo: It also means that I have lost 25 pounds...and I have achieved the first goal for Stage One!!:yay: And it was in just 10 short weeks!!:woohoo:

If I don't win the magnet...I can honestly say...I couldn't care less. I am SO happy with my results for this week, for the last three weeks in fact that I feel like a winner no matter the outcome of our friendly contest.:dance3:

I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well Jane...best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Great job Amanda and Emily. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Dawn, I hope WW works for you this time around. I sure enjoy it and it's been working really, really well for me so I wish you the same (or better success) once you begin!! :cheer2:

So I am happy to report that I am down 3 pounds since last week.:cool1: What a relief! It has been a rough week (including an elephant ear):eek: I am 3lbs away from my first goal and 43lbs away from my goal weight. I know that I will get there, and I know it will before Christmas, I worry about keeping it off. I have been on this rollercoaster two additional times, and each time I get too relaxed and gain most if not all back.

Today's recap:

1.7 miles walked

Breakfast: Special K Granola
Lunch: Roast Beef lunch meat sandwich w/ LF Provolone
Dinner: KFC Grilled Breast with biscuit and 2 sides

Total: 1538

Congrats to all the losers!

Dawn- Welcome back an great job trying WW again! We've missed you too!

Good day yesterday. I got out last night and walked another two miles. Hoping it will clear off today so I can get back in the pool! This morning I tried day 1 of C25K..at least I thought I was..I had the interval wrong and was doing 2 min walk/1 minute jog instead of 90 sec walk. That's all right, it still killed me, and I was a little miffed when I saw it burned less cals than the 4 mile walk I did yesterday. I think part of my problem is that I have always hated running. I'm not sure what I'm going to do going forward.

Tracking-
Breakfast- Yogurt
Lunch- 96% lean burger, sammie thin, broccoli, baked cheetos.
Dinner- Salad & LC Shrimp Alfredo.
Snacks- Grapes, granola thin, LF ice cream.

Cals- 1666 (1440-1790)

Good morning all! I am -3.4 for the week!! It makes up for the last couple of weeks, for sure! Been out to do my walk this morning and finally made a personal goal to get to the end of the 3rd road I turn off on! It's 4 miles and I made it in an hour..woohoo. I think I'm going to be in a great mood all day. :goodvibes
That is sooo awesome!!!!

I keep forgetting to do the weigh-in thing on Mondays until I get to work and see that everyone is posting their +/- for the week. Maybe it's because deep down inside I'm afraid to step on that scale!:scared1:
I know how you feel and yet look at your tracking! You go girl!!

Yay!! :yay: Dawn's back! Welcome back Dawn, we missed you!!:hug:
I feel like I am so out of the loop! Trying to get back and read all about your lives while I was gone! I need a cheat sheet!

I almost fell over when the scale read 235.9!! :faint:
WHOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawn, I hope WW works for you this time around. I sure enjoy it and it's been working really, really well for me so I wish you the same (or better success) once you begin!! :cheer2:
Thanks - I will ask you questions when I get them! I am excited about the accountability to a face to face group and trying some healthier recipes!
I am 3lbs away from my first goal and 43lbs away from my goal weight.
YOu bring tears to my eyes I am sooo proud!!
Today's recap:

1.7 miles walked
Great job on the exercise and by the way....WELCOME!!!!! :yay:
This morning I tried day 1 of C25K..at least I thought I was..I had the interval wrong and was doing 2 min walk/1 minute jog instead of 90 sec walk. That's all right, it still killed me, and I was a little miffed when I saw it burned less cals than the 4 mile walk I did yesterday. I think part of my problem is that I have always hated running. I'm not sure what I'm going to do going forward.
Me too yet I know if I accomplished it I would be really proud of myself!

I am still missing a ton of weights! Sending out PM"s today and I know there are many on vacay still as well so it may be sparse this week!!!

My first WW mtg went well. There were a few others there that were re-joiners too so it made me feel better. Lot's of talk on good food vs empty points .

Got some cucumbers out of the garden and staked the heck out of a bunch of tomato plants. Next year I plan on having a bigger garden for sure!

Hope you all have a great day! :grouphug:

QOTD:

If you could have any super power what would it be and why?

Hi everyone,
Just got home from a ball tourney and a couple of days at the cottage. I weighed in this morning and did not like what I saw at all. It says that I am +4.4lbs!:scared1: I KNOW this is not right but I have to take it this week. I ate mostly well all week and I drank my water especially while watching the ball games but I must have been dehydrated because I drank 4 litres of water yesterday (and could have drunk more) but only went to the bathroom three times the whole day. I am sure most of it is water weight but I can't argue with the wii (well I can but it won't make a difference). It's off to drink more water and :yay: today.

Dawn I will get the magnet ready for you! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!