When Did I Get Voted Off of Skinny Island & Why is This Fat Shadow Stalking Me?

Dizneydawn

One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna
DVC Gold
Hi all! This is the "Skinny Island" Castaway info post and I am updating this intro because after review - a few things have changed that need to be addressed and many here deserve recognition for their hard work and dedication to this thread but most importantly to themselves.

Since the start of the thread in the beginning of February! We have lost a total of 179.3 pounds so far!!!

That is the total loss for our group taken strictly on weight lost since each member has joined. Even if that was only 2 weeks ago!!! We also only utilize current Castaway's weights to get that number. So if someone joined and for whatever reason dropped away, their loss while in the thread is not included!

Some people have came and went but many are here from the beginning and we want you all to know how much we love new members joining each week!!!

A little intro about this thread:

For all those who asked me to start a new support group and for those who never have had the courage to join one before...I hope this is a place you can feel welcome to be yourself and commit to figuring out why you are here and what you need to work on to get to there.

There being Skinny Island! :beach:

Now skinny is a variable that all of us have leverage to decide for ourselves what that constitutes.

For some - it may be the exact weight they are at now, just less inches. A come to God moment that the muffin top is not a good look unless you happen to be a blueberry. popcorn::

For others - it means 20 pounds less and the ability to go to Blizzard Beach without the aid of the chair lifts. To know you can zip your jeans without the aid of an industrial sized crane. :scared1:

For myself and some friends - it might be a loss of 100 pounds or more and a journey through a lifetime of insecurities and the reality that this weight did not happen over night so, no you can't be a size 8 by spring break. :rolleyes1

Some of us have battled weight our entire lives and do not know what skinny island ever felt like. We were voted off before be set foot on the shore.

Others were woken up to the noise of the seagulls as we lie adrift on a raft. Not quite sure when it happened but very aware we were not in Kansas anymore.

A few of us fought the battle with denial as we dug our heels in the sand with doughnuts and Mac and Cheese spilling out of the corners of our mouth. Refusing to admit the Titanic is sinking even as the "highest I will ever weigh" amount keeps inching up.

Then - with one swift move - we were hoisted into the abyss and the island was not even in sight anymore.

I want this thread to be the place you feel able to talk about your struggles and your successes. Your kicking hind end days and the days you need your hind end kicked.

One thing I know is that being babied and coddled - is not the way back to skinny island. Not even the trail back to looking good lagoon.

So I am asking all of us here to make the commitment to be honest and expect honest feedback. In the times you need us to say, "awesome job," and the times you need to hear, "are you actually believing your stuff cause I am not!"

I may not have lost the weight I should have lost in the last two years journey since I admitted to myself that the "Fat Shadow" following me is indeed me...:eek: but I have learned a lot about accepting myself and knowing that the inner part of my self sabotage and food choices can only change when I decide to look in the whole mirror - not just neck down.

That means being honest when I screw up and not run. That means being honest with myself when I do not exercise. That means being honest with myself and figuring out why I self destruct when it happens.

The food is just a symptom. The why will get you to the reason.

So come along!

There is no right or wrong plan to be on, exercise program to enjoy or too much or too little to lose to be included.

Plans for this thread:

#1 On Monday's, those wanting to be included in the group tally, will report your weight. This will be done by sending me your starting weight and then the consecutive weeks, your actual new weight. Please do not send me your plus or minus for the week. It is easier to do the math and not look up last week's weight if I only have 2 numbers to deal with. Thanks!!!!!

Send to my p.m. box please Monday mornings. I try and post them by Tuesday mornings. If you forget to send me your weight, I will send you a P.M. If I don;t have it by the time I post - I will simply put an X in your loss area and you can get me it next week!

Nobody but me will see your actual numbers. I will not post your weight on the boards.

What I will post is a list of everyone here and how they did so far for the time on our thread. Then also the total for everyone as a group.

#2 The second half of posting, is many choose to post our individual week loss on Mondays on the thread itself. Most use the format of a "-2.4" or "up 1.3" or "Same" for example.

This means we can all support the person who might be faltering (I know I have needed it huge in the past) and really keep motivating whoever is on a roll.

This is a weight loss thread as much as it is a support group and I know I need that accountability and hope you all find it positive as well.

#3 For every 5 pounds you lose, you get to add a picture representing skinny island for your siggie if you would like. I post them after each week so you can simply find what you have earned and copy and paste it in your signature area. We have some people who have lost 20 pounds and have 4 pictures in their signature area!!!!

#4 Let's talk about inches. I am a huge proponent for knowing how our body is changing because many times inches mean more than that number on the scale. So I will be keeping track of my inches lost as well.

The key to that is having someone you trust, measure you and only one person. That way they will tend to measure you in the same spot every month.

Hips, waist, thigh, bicep, and chest will be the areas I keep track of. (If I could figure out a way to measure my chin(s) I would do that too! :lmao:)

Inches for those interested, will simply be gathered on the FIRST MONDAY of the month. Sometimes it will fall on one of the last days of the previous month - just depends on the week and the dates! I will send out a reminder for that the weekend before. You can send it to me with your weights.

I have not been the best about this and is a personal goal of mine to start back with it Monday, May 31st!!!!

#5 Tracking our food: (optional as well)

Thursday is the day we start as the beginning of a week of tracking. (For me it was simply easier to not have so many things to tabulate on a Monday!)

The goal is to post here your tracking for food, however you want, 5 out of the next 7 days. Some do just calories, some do WW points, some do food journal's and some do calories and food journal's.

If you get 5 out of seven days, you get a tracking pic. For each consecutive week - you will add a x2, x7 etc... next to the pic to represent weeks total you achieved this goal.

#6 When you post on here for the first time, I will enter you in the ensemble intro I will have in post 2. A cheat sheet of names for easy reference.
I would like to know you all a bit better so please, let us know about you by copy and pasting these questions into your intro.

First Name and Screen name:
What your Goal Is for Fitness:
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation:
Favorite Good Food for You:
Favorite Form of Exercise:
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island:
Family:

I can't wait to see our results and I can't wait to see Skinny Island in our sights again. :sail:

Castaway's Roll Call:

Dis Name Name
Dizneydawn - Dawn
Grumpyyoungguy - Dan
P1040739.jpg

Stitchfan23 - Heather
IMG_3838.jpg

Stacybaeasm - Stacy

MulanUSAF - Leen
28824_403338918737_501668737_4166248_7620961_n.jpg

gellybean - Aimee
019.jpg

Leash - Alicia

MNdisneygirl - Sheree
DSCN1252.jpg

luvsJack - Sharon
PixiePlanner - Jessica
Shellabell - Michelle
ski_mom - Becky

eliz 991 - Elizabeth
Image0038.jpg
(on the right)

ancestry - Allison

Hanutedmansionmommna - Michele
100_1182.jpg

Duchie - Barb
Mom2Faith -Amy

tlenzendorf - Tricia
SANY20271.jpg

CrabbyyetLovable - Amy
albertamommyof4 - Tammy
peacemickeylovers -Lisa
njtinkmom - Gina

LittlePeppers - Jennifer
Thanksgiving-TX118-1.jpg

2_Eagle_Mom -Jane
JimandJane2007.jpg

njcarita - Cary
6054_1187628525678_1077243322_57686.jpg

zoegirl - Bree

officereg -Sara
100_04482.jpg

Octoberbeauty - Sherry
199.jpg

Scrappy_Tink - Kelly
DSC02081.jpg

pipersmom - Amanda
DSC000571JPG2.jpg
(on right)

stayhomemom77 - Julie
disneystuff2010089-2.jpg

pwmitch237 - Patrick
17474_1334439723519_1306857843_30973131_7548039_n.jpg

GaRain - Lara
ry%3D400

lizzyb5280 - Elizabeth
100_3232.jpg

adnilele - Danielle
anna114 - Anna
graciejane - Grace

First Name and Screen name: Dizneydawn - Dawn (real original!)
What your Goal Is for Fitness: I have a few. I want to lose a total of 129 pounds but I am breaking that up into 2 chunks. The first one I am really celebrating after I lose 74 pounds because I will be at the lowest weight I have been at in probably 9 years!
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: I am a Carb junkie.
Favorite Good Food for You: I love avocado's!
Favorite Form of Exercise: Water Aerobics!
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: I want to be able to go into a store and have a bevy of options I look good in. Wear a smimsuit and not look on the beach or water park for someone fatter than myslef to make me feel better.
Family: I am engaged to the love of my life. His Name is Dan. Hopefully he will be here also. I have three kids (2 boys and a girl in the middle.) Treyner - 19, Carsyn - 16 and Baylor - 14. They drive me crazy and I would not want it any other way!

Hi Dawn,
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but I have been following your trip report and i saw this and said "Self this is what you need!", so here I am...

First Name and Screen name: Stitchfan23, Heather
What your Goal Is for Fitness:I would like to loose 100lbs but I have decided to break it into 25lb instalments because honestly 100 is just too big a number and seems so far off. 25 is a number I can handle. My last fitness goal would be to be able to play with my niece and nephew without always having to take a break or sit on the sidelines because I am so out of breath
Food that Gives you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation:eating out in general. I don't like to cook and we eat out a lot which I am trying to change
Favorite Good Food for You:I love fruit (but I don't really eat it - go figure)
Favorite Form of Exercise:swimming, but I don't feel comfortble doing it
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island:I don't care what the number on the scale says if I can go into any store and buy what I like I will be one happy lady. I would also love to look at a picture of myself and see ME not this protruding CHIN!
Family:My darling husband, both the biggest pain in my a$$ and the love of my life :hug:. We can't have children so my four legged on will do

Awesome title! You are so talented with that kind of stuff. :cool1:

First Name and Screen name: Amy and Jasperann
What your Goal Is for Fitness: Loose about 125 or so... But I think I will just tackle the first 50 then move on to the rest. So really 50, 50, and 25. :thumbsup2
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: That would be drinking Coca-cola. I'm going to have to cut out the caffeine, or I just won't be able to not drink it. Can anyone say addiction?
Favorite Good Food for You: Cucumbers and Green Peppers as long as they are not over ripe I can eat those all day! Yummmy!
Favorite Form of Exercise: Elliptical Machine :cool1:
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: I would love to go to Cedar Point and fit on all of the roller coasters, even the ones they make for the very skinny people. That and shop for clothes in a normal store.
Family: I live with my high school sweet heart Eric(I know it says DH but DDP stands for something else on here... :laughing: We have a lovely 13 year old (Brittany) and a 3 year old (Alexander but we call him Xander) together and we went our separate ways for a few years (after our DD was born) and have our awesome middle DD's (Emily we call her Emma (should have just named her Emma honestly) and Kelsey) to show for it. Not sure what I would do with out those two girls in my life so I'm glad we took our break. :woohoo: Even though we can do without each of their respective parents. (They are both flakes, the type that shouldn't have even thought of becoming parents. But at the same time without them we wouldn't have our girls. :hug:) No one else in my immediate family has any kind of weight problems... they are all on skinny island without me. But not for long!

Can't wait to get started... I'm kinda afraid of the scale, but it can only go down from here! Dawn do you want all the stuff by Monday morning or before?? Thanks for starting this great thread! :grouphug:

Hi Dawn,
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here but I have been following your trip report and i saw this and said "Self this is what you need!", so here I am...
Heck NO! Please join! Glad you are motivated enough to join! That is the first start!

I fixed the fubared question BTW on what you have a hard time staying away from...sorry I did not catch the typo!

I get the 25 pound increment goal! Very smart! If you love to swim...get thee to water aerobics. Just suck it up and do it. After the first day - heck the first 3 minutes...you will be so busy worrying about not drowning...you won't be thinking who is watching or thinking what.

The truth is unless you are a Playboy Bunny - nobody looks their best in a suit so it's just varrying degrees of flab and nobody judges because they are so busy trying to suck in their own gut.

The Y I attend has the whole bank of treadmills above the pool. I at first thought I would die versus entertain them with my juggling flubber. Now...I know they are sweating their hind ends off and have more to do than focus on me.

That is the curse of the flab. It makes you think you are this revolving center of chub in everyone's universe.

The Truth - not so much!:) Thank Goodness! :worship:

Awesome title! You are so talented with that kind of stuff. :cool1:
It has been haunting me till the very end! Glad you like it!
Can't wait to get started... I'm kinda afraid of the scale, but it can only go down from here! Dawn do you want all the stuff by Monday morning or before?? Thanks for starting this great thread! :grouphug:

Yes - you can e-mail me now your stats or through the weekend!

I am either afraid or obsessed with the scale. The inches though - was a huge a-ha for me in when I lost 54 pounds.

Just ditch the coke. Honestly - if you turn it into a water obsession - you will be better off. That though may be impossible just like I find things impossible and would rather have something in moseration than none at all.

You have to know yourself though. Some things I cannot have even a smell of or I lose my ever loving mind. So can you do moderation or will moderation lead you to gluttony? Your call.

And I get the rollercoaster thing. Fear of restaurant booths is right up there for me as well! :scared1:

I am either afraid or obsessed with the scale. The inches though - was a huge a-ha for me in when I lost 54 pounds.

Just ditch the coke. Honestly - if you turn it into a water obsession - you will be better off. That though may be impossible just like I find things impossible and would rather have something in moseration than none at all.

You have to know yourself though. Some things I cannot have even a smell of or I lose my ever loving mind. So can you do moderation or will moderation lead you to gluttony? Your call.

And I get the rollercoaster thing. Fear of restaurant booths is right up there for me as well! :scared1:

I know about the obsession with the scale. In fact when I have that obsession I tend to loose a lot of weight. I lost about 40 pounds a year and a half ago. I weighed myself daily... lots of times... right when I woke up, after eating breakfast, after going into the bathroom, I even moved the scale to the living room and would weigh myself when I walked by. :rotfl::confused3 (Yes I know that some would say that's crazy... probably is. But if it works then I'll do it again. Maybe I could put it in front of the fridge and weigh myself if I think about over indulging in ice cream. :laughing:) The plus of this is that I began to understand what food did to me and that the number varies a lot during the day and week. The downfall is that I think I developed OCD about it. Eric actually took my scale away from me once. :rotfl: I was doing great during that time though and then I hit a road block and my lovely 13 year old started to be hard on me... even if I ate just one piece of dark chocolate. It's like she thought she turned into my mom. :sad2: But it really did have an effect on me just saying forget it. Sad but true. Guess that is one of my biggest obstacles is the people judging me thing. I tend to want to say F you...I'll do what I want, even if I agree with the person.

I know that drinking even diet Coke would be bad for me. Honestly having pop in my house is bad for me. No will power when it comes to that. I do love water with ice in it though so I will just have to turn into a fish for the next few days and then I'll be good again.

I know I need to just jump in and get my feet wet (no pun intended) into the pool. I have done water arobics a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot.

I have 3 large problems in my life that I need to get straighten out and one of them isn't going anywhere so I need to learn within myself not to help him become an enabler. Yes my DH Joe is an enabler! I ask him to be tough on me but when i crave soemthing he caves in and goes and gets it for me. I need to stop asing him for things and fight through the cravings myself. My second problem is that my last 2 trips to the world have been in a wheelchair. I have a disk in my back that likes to pop out every 5 years or so and I spend 2 years trying to get it back into place. I have been pain free for about 4 months now and have to stop telling myself that I can't do something because I am scared to hurt my back when in reality it is just that I am too lazy to do the thing in the first place. My 3rd thing is that I don't eat! There I have said it and I know it is true. It is almost noon and I haven't had anything to eat today. I can go (and do) most days without eating breakfast or lunch (I work from home so I should be able to eat) and then I eat dinner and then all I want to do is eat all night because I am so hungry. I will break this habbit.

Thanks for this thread and I am working on the things above and they say it takes 2 weeks to break and old habit and form a new one so here goes.

I know I need to just jump in and get my feet wet (no pun intended) into the pool. I have done water arobics a few years ago and enjoyed it a lot.

I have 3 large problems in my life that I need to get straighten out and one of them isn't going anywhere so I need to learn within myself not to help him become an enabler. Yes my DH Joe is an enabler! I ask him to be tough on me but when i crave soemthing he caves in and goes and gets it for me. I need to stop asing him for things and fight through the cravings myself. My second problem is that my last 2 trips to the world have been in a wheelchair. I have a disk in my back that likes to pop out every 5 years or so and I spend 2 years trying to get it back into place. I have been pain free for about 4 months now and have to stop telling myself that I can't do something because I am scared to hurt my back when in reality it is just that I am too lazy to do the thing in the first place. My 3rd thing is that I don't eat! There I have said it and I know it is true. It is almost noon and I haven't had anything to eat today. I can go (and do) most days without eating breakfast or lunch (I work from home so I should be able to eat) and then I eat dinner and then all I want to do is eat all night because I am so hungry. I will break this habbit.

Thanks for this thread and I am working on the things above and they say it takes 2 weeks to break and old habit and form a new one so here goes.

Joe sounds just like my Eric. He loves me how I am and just wants me to be happy. So I guess that is why he caves, but I'm sure I'd be much happier if he stayed firm. Although at the time I don't agree with myself. :rolleyes1

I stepped on my scale. I don't like the number at all. It is pretty depressing really. I'm so so glad that this thread was started today. I've been getting really bad with my eating in the last month or so. :sad2:

I'm going to the store to buy the new Biggest loser game. I was reading about it on here yesterday and thought it sounded pretty good. I will let you all know what I think of it. Maybe it will encourage me a little more too. I'm pretty competitive and don't want to be voted off...

I have 3 large problems in my life that I need to get straighten out and one of them isn't going anywhere so I need to learn within myself not to help him become an enabler. Yes my DH Joe is an enabler! I ask him to be tough on me but when i crave soemthing he caves in and goes and gets it for me. I need to stop asing him for things and fight through the cravings myself. I get this one 100% Dan is too good to me in some ways and not strong enough to kick my @ss when I need it other times! My 3rd thing is that I don't eat! There I have said it and I know it is true. It is almost noon and I haven't had anything to eat today. I can go (and do) most days without eating breakfast or lunch (I work from home so I should be able to eat) and then I eat dinner and then all I want to do is eat all night because I am so hungry. I will break this habbit.
I am right there with you as I look at what to eat. I know better too!
Together...here goes!

I'm here. I made it! Stressful morning already. Here we go!

First Name and Screen name: Stacybaeasm or just Stacy
What your Goal Is for Fitness:By the time I am done, I want to lose 200 pounds. *gasp* Did I just say that outloud???? My more immediate goal is 75 pounds by the time I turn 40.
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation:Carbs, especially any kind of bread
Favorite Good Food for You: Yeah...this is why I weigh what I do. I don't really like anything unless you count bananas. Never met a vegetable I liked. Never.
Favorite Form of Exercise:My favorite is swimming BUT I can't afford a gym so I have to make do with the workout room in my apartment complex. Right now, the treadmill and I are becoming frenimies.
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island:First, to be able to buy clothes from The Gap and to own a pair of jeans. Second is to finally buy a pair of those really high heels.
Family:Single, no kids, no pets. I don't even have a plant.

Dawn, thanks for getting this started. I am excited!!!!

Dawn - just popped on to wish you all the best. And to make sure that my pushing at you didn't precipitate this new thread. I hope not.

Regardless, all the best to you.

Lisa

Dawn - just popped on to wish you all the best. And to make sure that my pushing at you didn't precipitate this new thread. I hope not.

Regardless, all the best to you.

Lisa

Heck no! :goodvibes There was just a bunch of people who wanted a fresh place to start there journey and I had been asked to start one! The Goddesses are an awesome group of people - just a bit intimidating to some who feel like they are starting a book on page 9,681 versus page 1!

That is all and I will be at both places! You are a Gem and one of the reasons I am able to really be honest with myself! I love you for that more than you know! :hug:

Heck no! :goodvibes There was just a bunch of people who wanted a fresh place to start there journey and I had been asked to start one! The Goddesses are an awesome group of people - just a bit intimidating to some who feel like they are starting a book on page 9,681 versus page 1!

That is all and I will be at both places! You are a Gem and one of the reasons I am able to really be honest with myself! I love you for that more than you know! :hug:

Okay, exhaling. Although I still would have chosen my route to say something :lmao:;)- it's nice to know I didn't make you feel unwelcomed or something.

Gotcha.

What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island:First, to be able to buy clothes from The Gap and to own a pair of jeans. Second is to finally buy a pair of those really high heels.I love me some heels. Fat feet and heels are a no go though!
Family:Single, no kids, no pets. I don't even have a plant.
I can mail you a dead one if you want! :lmao:
Dawn, thanks for getting this started. I am excited!!!!

Me too!

Okay, exhaling. Although I still would have chosen my route to say something :lmao:;)- it's nice to know I didn't make you feel unwelcomed or something.
Not even a millimeter's worth of unwelcome!
Gotcha.

I need my hair done again - well over a month ago but whose counting! I will have to post some pics when it's all done! Just for you!:3dglasses

Hi Dawn, I followed your link in the TR and here I am. I've looked at other WISH threads in the past but always felt like intruding on a private party... so I'm glad to have the opportunity to join in at the beginning. Thanks for starting the thread and I LOVE the title.

First Name and Screen name: Leen and MulanUSAF
What your Goal Is for Fitness: Lose about 40 lbs and go back to the body I had when I was in the air force. I also want to be fit enough to run 5Ks at a decent pace and maybe try and finish a triathlon at some point in the future.
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Junk food... chips, fries, pizza, candy, etc. If it's bad for me, I probably can't stop eating it. :sad2:
Favorite Good Food for You: I like most fruits, but generally too lazy to do the whole wash, cut, peel routine to make them edible.
Favorite Form of Exercise: I enjoy swimming but I hate the chlorine smell that clings to my hair afterwards. I usually just go to the fitness center and spend an hour on the elliptical.
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: Buy some new jeans that are not in double digits, or clothing that doesn't have "L" or "X" on the label. I also want to join up with the Team In Training program, but right now I feel so self-conscious since I'm in terrible shape compared to the regulars who are hard core marathon runners.
Family:Single, but currently raising my teenage little brother. I also have a pet bunny who should probably join this thread too. He is well on his way to a triple chin and can barely squeeze his furry bunny butt into the litter pan.

First Name and Screen name:shannn or shannon

What your Goal Is for Fitness: I want to lose 140 pounds. Did I just write that rather large number???

Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation:Everything! I'm a volume eater. There's something about me that just won't stop eating even when I know I should.

Favorite Good Food for You:I love food, and that includes food that's good for me! I love avocados, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, fresh green beans....

Favorite Form of Exercise:When I was doing it regularly, I really did like the elliptical/treadmill. Now that I've let myself go completely again, it's torture. I do like to swim. BUT mostly I HATE to sweat!!!

What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island:Feel good about myself, feel sexy again (hope I'm not offensive to anyone, but right now I can't imagine how my husband can even want to with me!), play more with my kids, have choices of places to shop, buy clothes because I love them not because they come in my size, get off my diabetes/cholesteral/bloodpressure medications...

Family:I live with my mom who's undergoing chemo right now, my husband of 17 years Sam, my 8 year old son Morgan, and my 6 year old daughter Lily

So, my place in this journey is very different from most people's right now. I am 2 months away from sending in my paperwork to my insurance company to get approved for weight-loss surgery. The surgery I'm planning on having is called a BPD-DS (Bilopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch.) They will decrease the size of my stomach and then a large amount of my intestines will be bypassed so I won't absorb as much of my food. In order to have my surgery, I had to have a psychiatric evaluation, attempt support group meetings, and complete a 6 month doctor supervised diet. I have 2 more appointments~ March & April~ left before we can ask for insurance approval. Then hopefully we will schedule my surgery for the beginning of the summer.

I need to show some compliance to the diet and begin to work on the exercise that I'll need to do after the surgery. I don't know how strict I'll be with myself, but I do need someplace to hold myself accountable.

I hope y'all will still allow me to join the group, even though I'm taking a different path.

First Name and Screen name: gellybean aka Aimee

What your Goal Is for Fitness: to feel good about myself!! I need to lose 10 lbs..... about 10 times ! :lmao: I also need to figure out a way to maintain!!!! I've lost weight countless times. I'm actually 30 lbs lighter now than my heaviest weight. But I have to figure out a way to maintain it and stop the yo-yo'ing.

Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: everything. Mainly carbs and fast food. But there isn't just one thing I crave or pig out on. I love food. Food is a central part of my life. I watch it on TV, I read menus, I plan restaurants when we go on vacation as much as I plan anything else.

Favorite Good Food for You: I like a lot of veggies and fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, and water! With lots of ice!

Favorite Form of Exercise: NONE! That's a goal. To figure out an exercise I like.

What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: To be able to buy clothes in any department store, not just Lane Bryant or the plus size section. To be able to go to any event, any restaurant or venue or party or whatever and not make out the fat plan before I go. Where can I sit, how can I fit across the room between those chairs without bumping a b o o b into someone's champagne glass etc!!

Family: I'm a SAHM mom, married to a wonderful man who happens to be a chef. Which is both good and bad! He is doing weight watchers with me, and we have come up with some yummy healthy recipes, I'd be happy to share. I am looking forward to hearing what everyone else comes up with eating wise!
I have two boys, ages 7 and 2. Love them dearly! DS7 learns all about healthy eating and exercise in school so he's very supportive and the 2 year old will eat anything so that helps with the whole healthy eating business.

I've been overweight most of my life but unlike most stories you hear on TV, I don't know why. I haven't been able to identify my 'demon' in my past that pushed me toward food. And I consider myself a fairly instrospective person. So thats a goal of mine too! Like Dawn said, you have to look at the whole reflection, not just the neck down.

Thanks for doing this Dawn!!!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter