When Did I Get Voted Off of Skinny Island & Why is This Fat Shadow Stalking Me?

:hug: My husband leaves in April and we don't live near his unit, so I'm glad to find someone else to talk to. Congrats on your wedding. :goodvibes

:grouphug: Hey, we're all in this together. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk about deployment stuff (you know, with OPSEC and all). This is my DF's second deployment in the last three years. I was a nervous wreck the first time around and constantly sought comfort with two men (Ben & Jerry) trying to deal with all the emotions. This time around, I was determined to find an outlet that does not involve food. So far it's going well, I go to the fitness gym at least four times a week and just discovered cardio kick boxing as a great alternative. Plus work keeps me very busy. :dance3:

Also, do you know about www.cinchouse.com? It's a great website for military wives and the forums are like disboard except it's all about military life (including dealing with deployments). It probably does more for my sanity than ice cream and kick boxing combined. :thumbsup2

I tend to post once on these types of threads only to disappear forever. I'm really going to try to stick with this because I've been trying to lose the same 20 pounds for two years! It is really hard for me to lose weight when I am training. I run a lot, but I eat A LOT.

First Name and Screen name: Meghan and dislvr74

What your Goal Is for Fitness: I'm run/walking my 8th half marathon in March and my 9th and 10th in May. I would really like to run most of one of those races in May. I would also like to finish both races with a smile on my face. They are only a week apart and I'm a little nervous about that.

Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: fast food and potatoes. I really love potatoes in any form.

Favorite Good Food for You: fruit

Favorite Form of Exercise: walking. I really don't like running, but I keep doing it because I like to finish half marathons "the same day I start." (John Bingham)

What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: I want to look like a runner - lean and strong!

Family: DH, DD3 and DD9.

Tomorrow's challenge: run 9 miles and skip the pizza afterwards. Pizza (like a whole pizza) is my favorite recovery meal.

Hey Everybody!

I just wanted to pop in and say Hello and Welcome to W.I.S.H.! I hope you have great success in your endeavors! Remember, slow and steady wins the race!

One tool that I found very useful is a calorie counter. I used sparkpeople in the past, now I use an app on my phone. I love it because I can scan the barcode and have my calories added to my tracker.

Okay, I SWEAR I'll go! :lmao:

But have to say - LOVE Austin. Love it.

And. McDonald's. Swoon. I lost the 80lb and STILL ate it. Kid's Happy Meal, cheeseburger with a large Diet Coke! 12pts!!! Give the toy to my 5 yr old and enjoy every bite! :rotfl: Now, maybe one day I'll give it up. But if I want fast food, I want McDonald's. So until the day I go organic, I'm all for having what you love and just tracking it. :goodvibes You have it 100% right!

I can tell you're going to be hugely successful on WW. You totally have the message down. I bet you go to meetings. And you have a good leader! Or, you're just SUPER smart. Me, I have a good leader. ;)

Thank you for taking the time to share what you've learned!!! Congrats on losing half of your weight goal! That's awesome. I bet it felt great to get out of the 200s!!! :cool1:

I love love love Austin too!!!

RE: McDs I totally get the kids meal I guess, just off the dollar menu... I need to check and see what costs more. I can get the cheeseburger, the small fry and a large diet coke for 3 bucks! :thumbsup2 Our Mickey D's does any soft drink size for a buck. So I nurse the diet drink the rest of the day, cus we don't buy soda. Just because if we bought it, I'd drink it. 4-5 a day. Diet or not, I try to not guzzle soda.

Thanks for the encouragement with Weight Watchers. It's great to know a fellow WW Diser!! :goodvibes I don't go to meetings actually. I do the online program. BUT this is probably my 3rd attempt in a little over a year. I hopefully will fully get it this time and let myself off the hook a bit with the guilt train!

I totally get what you are saying about us all being givers. Thats one thing most of the Biggest Loser contestants say that resonates most with me. How I put everyone else in my life ahead of ME! So we do need to hold ourselves accountable but at the same time cut ourselves some slack. That's a hard balance!

So glad you stopped by!! :flower3:

Hey Everybody!

I just wanted to pop in and say Hello and Welcome to W.I.S.H.! I hope you have great success in your endeavors! Remember, slow and steady wins the race!

One tool that I found very useful is a calorie counter. I used sparkpeople in the past, now I use an app on my phone. I love it because I can scan the barcode and have my calories added to my tracker.

Thanks for the welcome and for sharing with us!

Love your name by the way. You almost spell it right! :rolleyes1 :laughing:

I'm Aimee :rolleyes:

:hug: Millie, my fellow Austinite! I think it's awesome that you know yourself so well !! So glad you're here!!

Amiee!!! :yay: :hug: How are you my other Texas sista!! My other Texas sista is suppose to be joining us eliz991, maybe she'll wait until she gets back from her trip. We need to wish her good Disney magic, she broke her toe just a few days ago :scared: and she leaves in less than a week. :guilty: Poor baby.
Thank you for your kind words. Knowing yourself and what silly or stupid things your capable (at least for me) is half the battle. :laughing:

Hi i have also been reading your TR and decided to join in..I am trying to do this alone at home and its hard so I need the support of women like me...
I am so glad there was such a positive response here and so thakful you decided to come here and be ggo to yourself and love yourself enough to be good to your body.
First Name and Screen name: Wendy Disneediva
What your Goal Is for Fitness:lose about 100 lbs(holy crap thats alot..I was looking at a Xmas pic and it took me a minute to realize that I was the huge chick in those pics..ahhhhI get it. The benefit of not taking pics of yourself is to avoid the mirror that is in print! :scared1:

So I just want to post an update on my food intake. I heard the stomach grumble and went to look for something to eat since I sort of skipped lunch and haven't eaten since about 8am. I was reaching for a box of white cheddar Cheez-Its when a guilt-laden voice in my head said, "do you really want to eat these when you just signed up to a weight loss group this morning?"

So instead, I had a yogurt and a granola bar.

This is working!
Awesome JOB!!!! Every single good step for yourself means a great step to the long process of a healthier you. Never discount even the smallest success and never be afraid to overcome even the largest setback.

I do exactly the same thing with food, I'll think about the fact that I have celery but I would have to wash it and cut it and that is too much trouble but Oh, I have a bag of Cheetos right there that I just have to reach into. So then the celery gets pushed to the back and I find its remains weeks later.
Some ideas to work into your schedule:

Set a half hour of food prep time a week. Things not eaten in raw form like celery or spiniach you might cook with etc - can be frozen so they do not go bad!

I so wanted to drive through a fast food restaurant on the way home from picking up DS7 from school. Instead I came home and had a bowl full of sliced dill pickles!! Don't get me wrong. I'll make myself something else later and then dinner tonight. BUT the fact that I resisted the drive thru for a snack at home is a BIGGIE for me!

I am so proud of you! Even being aware of the fact you have a choice to make is such a huge accomplishment! Even if you had eaten there - being aware of what you eat vs eating aimlessly is huge!
Favorite Good Food for You: cucumbers and cauliflower
Yummy! I know what I need from the grocery store!

Family: caretaker to too many.
Maybe write down a list of things you need help with so you can take care of yourself. Ask people in your life to help with them and cross them off as they help so you can release your mind form the guilt it is not done and know that there is a huge difference between caretaker and CAREGIVER. I switched a year ago and it is hard. I give when I can and what I can but know that a caregiver gets back as much as they give...a caretaker gives to those that only take. :hug:
I also do Dawn's trick of measuring. Back when I did Nutri-system (before I discovered my allergy to high amounts of soy) there were weeks when I didn't see a change in the scale but saw huge changes in the number of inches lost. One week, I lost 0 pounds but 7 inches off my body overall!! (Of course, it has all come back on now ARRGGGG). So, the second part of Dawn's accountability plan is truly a help. Plus, now there are a lot of us to help keep momentum going when we feel discouraged, right???
Yeah to measuriing and yeah to empowering each other!
Just popping in to say HI! Welcome to the W.I.S.H. board everyone!
Nancy! Thank you so much! :hug:
Favorite Form of Exercise: Skiing I want to ski next year in the water and on the slopes!

Family: Engaged, but DF is currently deployed in Afghanistan... also live with a high maintenance kitty who demands constant belly rubs and head scratches
Thanks for sharing your life with us and tell your DF Thanks for caring about the world being a better place! :worship:
mmmmm, gooey butter cake. Going to St Louis next weekend.
I have never had butter cake! :confused3 Ronda I hope your trip goes well! :yay:
Let me tell you from experience, you CAN do this with the right information and support.
Amen!
Yes, 8 of us are getting together down in the World and running 13.1 miles together. As a team. Team Goddess! We have members of our thread who have lost tons of weight, who have completed marathons, triathlons, long distance bike races, and more.
So excited to hear how you all will do and what a great bonding time it will be! Thanks for sharing all of your success here to motivate and inspire everyone! :cutie:

One of my biggest issues is forgiving myself and not just throwing up my hands at any perceived 'cheating'. I'm really working on all foods are ok in moderation! As long as you budget your calories, just like you'd budget your bank account!

Great thought process and great analogy!
I have lurked on the boards for years and want to be in on the ground floor!
Yes you have and I am so glad to have your input here and yourself! :woohoo:
Family: Dh Dave - never noticed the 80 pounds that I gained after 35 years of marriage. Kerri - 34, Julie -32, David J - 31. 4 Beautiful Granddaughters.
Okay - now I want pics of all you guys! :goodvibes Your blessed with your family and I love the fact they love you!
Family: Engaged, to a funny wonderful woman who will remain nameless. I will keep her anonymity to save her the embarrasment of my size.
I will love you forever and a day. :love:
To All,

I have read the reason everyone wants to loose weight and noone said so I can be a super model. Ahemmm...just because I did not type it in my out loud font does not mean I did not think it could one day happen. :lmao: It isnt about that for me either :scared1: maybe we should be discussing that before you kill your future career plans I had enviosined for you to the thread! :laughing: it is about being comfortable in my body and getting the most life has to offer.
Active and happy. That is the life I want for us.

I would love to hear all about your journey to a healthier you. I could never get surgery though. I'd be way to scared.
It is a brave choice and I am proud of her for deciding to look past the fear to herself...she is stronger than she thinks! :hug:

Mine would be Superior Fitz or Fitz Superior... depending on which way you put it. lol
It sounds like you are the best at convulsions! Way to not accept second place!:lmao:

I too failed with breakfast... I had Mickey D's. I looked up the calories after I signed on to this thread and I can not believe I put that crap in my mouth!!! It was half of my daily calorie limit!

Great job in facing the calorie monster! Not so scary once you know. You take the power away and put it back in your control!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking forward to doing this. I would love to get to the point where I can run in the Princess Half Marathon! That would be amazing! I hate running, but it has always been something that I wanted to do, because I've been told for so long that I can't. So I should probably add that as one of my end goals.
It is possibe to become a runner...I have been shown and told by those Goddesses! It would be awesome to have a bunch of us join them next year feeling the success that have in oursleves!
Dawn - Molson is a dog ( a sheppard hound that is snoring so loud right now it is hard to think) Just making sure witha tough name like that it was not a guinea pig!

My DH is a big McDonalds fan and I know that I am not going to go through the rest of my life and never eat at McDonalds again. We would eat there 3 times a week at least. We have set a new rule that Fri nights will be our take out night (that means McD's to hubby) so he is in charge of picking dinner up on his way home from work. We don't eat any fast food the rest of the week and we only go out to eat at a resturant once a month now. This is a big change for us and I thought DH would have the hardest time with it but he came home from work about 20 minutes ago and no supper. He says he forgot so maybe we can cut this fast food down even more.
Awesome goal to be mindful and moderate!:cool1:

Oh, and I really don't like exercise, so any ideas to do something fun will be good for me!
Thanks for starting this Dawn!

No problem and you will find one that works. When you are ready!

I had never really thought about measuring before, it's just so ingrained that you must lose pounds and if you don't you are doing something wrong. I'm gonna measure and weigh in over the weekend so we'll see which gets smaller faster.
I am really excited for you for this! I am telling you that giving yourself two resources to build your self esteem is so awesome! having read some of the posts from you guys I am sure we will find ways to motivate each other either through humor and nice encouragment or threats of torture. :rolleyes1
I am willing to do both...just saying!
Sorry, Dawn, but there is just nothing sexy about

Pine Button ??

Sounds like a cleaning product!
Or a skinny pidipple! :rolleyes1
It was 25 minutes and I was sweating like crazy after I was done. So between the new game and my elliptical I hope I'll lose something. The game seems to think that I'll lose 12 pounds in four weeks. I'll take that. :woohoo:
Graet job and thanks for telling us your experience with it! I might put it on my list later for an alternative workout!

I'm actually joining a gym next Friday, with my sister. :scared1: :scared1:
Great job and remember..don't kill yourself the first week and never go back! Talk to a trainer there about how to start and slowly build!

That's one thing I like about WeightWatchers. You get flex points so you have x # of points a day and then 35 extra a week to use whenever/however. It's good for a treat or splurge, like eating take out once a week! NOT that I am in any way trying to push WW on anyone. But the philosophy holds true to any diet, IMHO! :upsidedow
I am glad you found a program that works for you and you work with it!

Hi!

Two years ago when I found Dawn's thread and started on WISH, I was 2 months into WW. Now, it's two years and two months! I never imagined I'd be training for a half marathon in a month - I never imagined actually joining a gym. I never imagined I'd change my weight. Ever.
She is a sexy rockstar folks!
Don't do too much at once. I can tell that you are all givers - you take care of everyone. That's beautiful. And I bet you approach this the same way - pile it on! But don't start to journal food AND walk AND give up Coke at the same time! One change a month! Trust me on this. You're doing enough.
BEST POINT SHE EVER GAVE ME!

The temptation is not to write that in your journal or not to weigh in when you have a bad week. Just do it. I have backslid too many times out of shame - and there is NO shame in not being perfect.

Be gentle with yourself. Don't say anything in your head that you wouldn't write to your very best friend. Be kind to the most important person in your world - you.

So best of luck! Have fun on the journey!
Thanks Liz - awesome advice from an awesome person!
Me, I have a good leader. ;)
I think someday you would make an amazing leader yourself! :goodvibes
Great advice! Thanks! I do tend to throw myself into something head first... usually without looking.
Pace yourself and decide what your long term goal is and work towards it. Like I said in the intro...I will not be a size 8 by spring break. It took me years to put this on and accepting progress is not the same as failure is the key!

I tend to post once on these types of threads only to disappear forever. I'm really going to try to stick with this because I've been trying to lose the same 20 pounds for two years! It is really hard for me to lose weight when I am training. I run a lot, but I eat A LOT.
I am so glad to have someone here who is already running and can help motivate others to start the moving process no mater what form it is in. You are also a great tool for me to prove to my ex that excersize alone will not create a perfect body. That it is a balance of food as well.

What! What kind of phone do you have? That is amazing! I sound like I have never seen a cell phone before but I had no idea that app is a possibility! And I am engaged to a phone guy! I am waking his butt up right now to tell me about it!

I totally get what you are saying about us all being givers. Thats one thing most of the Biggest Loser contestants say that resonates most with me. How I put everyone else in my life ahead of ME! So we do need to hold ourselves accountable but at the same time cut ourselves some slack. That's a hard balance!
Thanks for sharing that and I hope we all get better at the end of this journey in loving oursleves!

Camille - your words of wanting to be in a t-shirt and jeans and knowing how to love yourself on the inside already is simply awesome. I do not know how I lost your post - but it did not come up in this 2 hour quoteathon...but I totally remembered it! :hug:

My Pastor once said to me a line I will go to my grave never being able to get out of my head.

"God taps you on the shoulder and when you don't listen...He hit's you with a shovel."

Many of you who read the TR knew that a person I adored died at the age of 32 1 1/2 weeks ago. He died of a birth defect and the wall of his heart just simply caved in and there was nothing he could have done or known about.

Nathan died and the grieving of his family is devastating.

I am slowly killing myself at this weight and I can do something about it. I know about it.

Last night I got a call and my Father who has diabetes is needing to have his leg amputated next week. He has a bone infection. It is too late for him to do anything about having this as a result of diabetes and he has no choice any longer to lose his leg to it.

I have diabetes on both sides of my parents and both sides of my grandparents. The chances on me or my children having it are higher than getting in a car accident, yet I make myself and them wear a seat belt.

So this thread I started again, is timed to perfection. It is that shovel to the head that I have been ducking and dodging and the reality of the power of that swing came down full force last night.

I may not have a choice in what genetic cr@p I inherited but I do have a choice to give it fuel to feed off of. I have a choice to prevent it as much as I do clicking that seatbelt.

While I will never lose my funny side here, this needs to be a serious commitment from me. I really do love the power and support we can build with numbers. I also am needing to be accountable and to have accountability held to me.

So for me - I need to post my food. If I don't track...I will slack.

For me...That is the first thing I need to get under control. Simply tracking.

Not perfect in foos comsumption or food choices...just in quantity overall.

Because I can guarantee you that I will loose weight even when I slip in what I eat if I track.

I might eat that doughnut...but it will be only one versus 2.

And if only eating one versus two saves my leg at 61 years old...I will never complain.

So if you do not see me post my food intake by 7 p.m. here...call me on it. I am asking you to do this for me. It is my first step to this long life I want to live versus the life I will have if I do not make that first step.

Hello I joined your other weight loss thread about a year ago, but was so overwhelmed by how many pages I was behind and kept getting behind that I stopped checking in. I'd post something and someone would respond to it, by the time I went back to respond to that person 10 pages had passed and I felt like I would be interrupting so I left. I'm glad to see a group at it's begining, maybe I won't get so lost.

Hello I joined your other weight loss thread about a year ago, but was so overwhelmed by how many pages I was behind and kept getting behind that I stopped checking in. I'd post something and someone would respond to it, by the time I went back to respond to that person 10 pages had passed and I felt like I would be interrupting so I left. I'm glad to see a group at it's begining, maybe I won't get so lost.

I hope you don't feel lost either! There will be some who post daily and then some and some who just post weekly or send me stats weekly but post seldom. Wherever you fit in is great but the key to this or anything working in this weight loss mission is consistency.

Even if you don't post all the time...READ every day. 1st of all you won't be lost on what is going on but the most important factor is you will stay concious of what you came here for in the first place.

I hope to see you here often and thanks for recommiting to yourself!

Remember guys...please get me your weight and your measurements if you want to track that too this weekend!

dizneydreamz@yahoo.com

Thanks to those who have already! Just be sure to put weight loss thread or skinny island in the memo!

Also...think about the first thing you want to really make the commitment to this month! The one thing no matter what...you will start and see through the end.

Ideas:

#1 Drinking Water! At least 8 8 oz glasses...I am doing 1/2 my body weight in oz...That is a lot but it makes sense that it takes a lot more water to flush out a person at 250 pounds than it does at 120!

Also...set yourself up for success. I like drinking water with fresh lemons or limes. I also like drinking water out of a bottle opening vs a glass. It to me, just seems like I can chug it faster and drink more. So I invested in a great water bottle.

#2 Exercise! Move yourself more than you have been doing. "Couch to 5k" is a great program that many here have had success with. Walking, aerobics etc...Maybe for you 3 times a week exercise is a great start...maybe 2 or 5. Make it doable and know you can add minutes on each week and soon you will be at your goal for length of time and endurance!

#3 Tracking your food! Maybe this month it simply means getting in the habit of writing it down and you are not going commit to cut many things from your food catalog. Maybe it means that you will still have 3 Cokes a day even though you want to be at one a week eventually.

Maybe you decided you want to track and stay within your calories and yet count that Coke in them but not abandon it.

However you decide to start tracking...it is a good tool to help you with honesty and discipline. It is the only way people I have ever known have lost weight and kept it off. No matter what program they are on...it comes down to mindful eating.

#4 Eating more fruits and veggies a day. Try some new fruits and vegetables! Find new receipes and find a way to like something you have never tried or liked before.

I love raw veggies. Steamed ones often make me queezy so I am not going to force myself to eat what is good for me in a way I know will only self destruct.

Why gag through 1 cup of steamed carrots when I could eat 2 cups of fresh ones for snacks throughout the day with no problem?

Find out what you like and work it into your day.

Hope that helps give you some ideas of what you can decide to do this month for yourself! Make a commitment to one...get that under control and we will add a new one next month! Like Liz said to you all yesterday...adding to much at once will set you up for failure.

I am commiting to Tracking. For me that is key and posting my food totals here will help with that.

I know with Tracking it will make me more mindful of water and more mindful of heading to the Y. But if it is a day I am overwhelmed and feel the need to crawl in a hole...I will choose to track. It is the one thing I need to keep focus on at all costs.

We prioritize our bills, our household chores and what comes first with our kids and family.

Now we have to take the first step in prioritizing what we will have come first in our weight loss journey...

Think about what you can commit to and what you can prioritze into your life.

Set yourself up for success and I am excited for you to all report to us what that first step is on Monday!

Again:

dizneydreamz@yahoo.com

send me your stats please! No pressure!

I will have the ensemble cheat sheet available tonight! It will be in post #2.

I am off to spend a few hours with my dad and the kids.

Have a great Day everybody!:)

"God taps you on the shoulder and when you don't listen...He hit's you with a shovel."

I may not have a choice in what genetic cr@p I inherited but I do have a choice to give it fuel to feed off of. I have a choice to prevent it as much as I do clicking that seatbelt.

So if you do not see me post my food intake by 7 p.m. here...call me on it. I am asking you to do this for me. It is my first step to this long life I want to live versus the life I will have if I do not make that first step.

So true about the genetic hand we've been dealt. But controlling what you can and learning to let the rest slide, like water off a ducks back, can lead to huge victories.

:lmao: :lmao: at food ending in -os!

Nachos, burritos, taquitos, tacos, tostitos.... Just say no to -os! :laughing:

I find that I'm at my worst when watching TV. Reaching for those -os are just so easy when my hands are idle... so I've taken up knitting over Christmas and I keep it next to the couch. I find that if my hands are occupied, I don't think about snacks and my lovely cream colored scarf in progress won't be covered in greasy orange powder. So double WIN!

:hug: My husband leaves in April and we don't live near his unit, so I'm glad to find someone else to talk to. Congrats on your wedding. :goodvibes

:grouphug: Hey, we're all in this together. Feel free to PM me if you wanna talk about deployment stuff (you know, with OPSEC and all). This is my DF's second deployment in the last three years. I was a nervous wreck the first time around and constantly sought comfort with two men (Ben & Jerry) trying to deal with all the emotions. This time around, I was determined to find an outlet that does not involve food. So far it's going well, I go to the fitness gym at least four times a week and just discovered cardio kick boxing as a great alternative. Plus work keeps me very busy. :dance3:

Also, do you know about www.cinchouse.com? It's a great website for military wives and the forums are like disboard except it's all about military life (including dealing with deployments). It probably does more for my sanity than ice cream and kick boxing combined. :thumbsup2

I was lurking but thought I'd chime in. I just returned from a deployment to Iraq so my DH (teacher) and kids were struggling through the deployment at home. If I can offer any insight on what it's like to be on the other end, feel free to PM me too...

I tend to post once on these types of threads only to disappear forever.

That's me!!

Is it okay if I just lurk for a while?? I'm doing the BL thread and trying to maintain a WISH journal ( not doing so well with that one) and while I'd like to read the motivational information and maybe contribute sometimes, I know I won't be able to keep up....:confused3

So true about the genetic hand we've been dealt. But controlling what you can and learning to let the rest slide, like water off a ducks back, can lead to huge victories.
Learning to let go and accept I am not in control nor should I take control over what is not mine...is such a challenge...and I you may not have a shovel but your whistle is one powerful weapon! ;)
Dawn, you are so motivating. Thank you! :hug: I still don't feel totally on board, but I know I must.
Motivating in words but now I need to motivate myself to action!
I find that I'm at my worst when watching TV.

We do not have a TV in our dining area so my new rule is to eat at the dining table only. I can drink water anywhere but food stays in the food place!:worship:

I'll join you because I believe we can all use lots of accountability and being around others who are going what we are going through.

First Name and Screen name: Melanie / MelanieC.

What your Goal Is for Fitness: Get back to consistant exercise again. It's been a few years.

Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Sweets and salty combination foods, although I find it hard to eat anything that tastes really good in moderation.

Favorite Good Food for You: I have lots of these: Avocado, Tahini, hummus, nuts and seeds, nut butters

Favorite Form of Exercise: Lifting weights, mostly for the upper body. I love the feeling you get when you have been consistantly lifting weights. I just think muscles on arms and shoulders look really great on women.

What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: To get down to 125 again, and keep it off forever.

Family: DH and I have been married to Bill since 1987 (23 years this coming june).
DD17, Taryn- She will be 18 the beginning of March and she is going off to the University of Missouri in August. She has been a cheerleader for years. DS12, Ryan- 6th grade, plays trumpet and guitar and is in the Jazz band at school. Two cats (Pumpkin and Phantom).

More about me. I'm a vegetarian. I count calories using Sparkpeople. I used to do Weight Watchers, but I prefer counting calories now. I got to goals a few years ago using WW's, so I'm really hoping I can get back to goal again. I know how to do it, I just have to dig deep and get it done. I'm 40, work for a Pharmaceutical company and I really want to make this the year I get back in control of myself. My lowest that I've gotten when I lost my weight the last time was 130. I'm 170.6 this morning (yesterday's official weekly WI was 169.8). At work I have two little visual reminders of where I'm at. I used Excel and put my goal at the type and typed in each pound going down until I got to my current weight. Then I printed that cell and the cell next to it (I put the lines in both of these cells) and then cut them out. When you take a red felt tip pen and color in each number as you get to it. It looks like a thermometer as you do this. Then cut it out and pin it up on your workspace or on your fridge. I try to look at it at work when I feel like eating something I shouldn't. I also did one for a short term goal (10 pounds).

Example
127 Fill in this space when you reach this number

Just catching up from yesterday. Dawn I will email you info later this evening or tomorrow.

Bonus for me today was I ATE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH!:cool1:

I was also so proud of DH. We were out today around lunch time and usually he would have headed to the nearest drive thru but instead he didn't say anything, came home and when we go in he offered to make lunch. I was so proud of him:lovestruc

May I join you?

I, too, have a tendency to join these threads and then not come back but am hoping that a combo of this and sparkpeople will keep me on task.

While boredom struck at work yesterday, I checked out mypyramid.gov and its a great site! It will tell you exactly how much you need of each food group (based on your weight, age, etc.) and help you with a meal plan. You can make a menu and while you are working on it, charts will tell you how much of each food group you are putting in, plus the fats and "extras". It was really eye opening to how many "extras" (sugars, bad fats, etc.) are in foods and how easy it is to stay within your calorie range but go over on other bad stuff. I printed a lot of stuff out and used the info when I shopped for groceries last night.

Like you, Dizneydawn, I have a lot of genetic things that are screaming at me to lose the weight. Heart problems are a big issue with both my mom's and my dad's family. I know the weight has to go, its just needing to get going.

First Name and Screen name: Sharon/LuvsJack

What your Goal Is for Fitness: Would love to get back up to walking 3 miles a day

Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: chips and fries

Favorite Good Food for You: mixed lettuces salad with low cal ranch or honey mustard

Favorite Form of Exercise: walking

What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: a new wardrobe (or enjoy the one I used to be able to wear), just to be able to look in the mirror and say "I DID IT" (this is the most important one)

Family: wonderful husband who isn't home very often, daughter 11, two sons 25 and 27, one daughter in law and another one "soon to be" and my beautiful little granddaughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter