When Did I Get Voted Off of Skinny Island & Why is This Fat Shadow Stalking Me?

Shannon
Well, I can't speak for everyone but I love that you are doing the surgery and are still here. My brother did one of those surgeries and he needed/still needs a lot of support. I hope we can be that for you. I have contemplated the surgery myself but a)There isn't enough down time in my job to do the surgery and recovery and b)even if there was, I couldn't AFFORD to take off the time. I'm excited for you though (and nervous because all surgery makes me a bit nervous. Guess I'll never have any plastic surgery done). And even with the surgery, it's still about relearning how and what to eat. If you help me muddle through, I'll help you. That's what I love about this thread!

Hi Dawn, I followed your link in the TR and here I am. I've looked at other WISH threads in the past but always felt like intruding on a private party... so I'm glad to have the opportunity to join in at the beginning. Thanks for starting the thread and I LOVE the title.
Glad you linked and glad you are here! :love:
Family:Single, but currently raising my teenage little brother. I also have a pet bunny who should probably join this thread too. He is well on his way to a triple chin and can barely squeeze his furry bunny butt into the litter pan.
Good for you for being there for your brother! I have a Jenny Craig reject cat myself so I get the ample animal issue!
First Name and Screen name:[SIZE="4
Favorite Form of Exercise:[COLOR="DarkGreen"]When I was doing it regularly, I really did like the elliptical/treadmill. Now that I've let myself go completely again, it's torture. I do like to swim. BUT mostly I HATE to sweat!!![/COLOR]That's why I like the water aerobics- if you sweat you dunk and it's done!
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island:Feel good about myself, feel sexy again (hope I'm not offensive to anyone, but right now I can't imagine how my husband can even want to with me!) New rule - everybody has personal issues and self issues with weight loss so I am here to say that anything goes to bring up that you are dealing with and if anyone has an issue or personal offense to it - they can head out. They can be voted to F OFF Island!

I need to show some compliance to the diet and begin to work on the exercise that I'll need to do after the surgery. I don't know how strict I'll be with myself, but I do need someplace to hold myself accountable.

I hope y'all will still allow me to join the group, even though I'm taking a different path.

Different Path for each of us. Not one will be the same and you can help educate us and enlighten us on your journey and maybe there will be some who decide it is for them and maybe it will motivate others who don't want to face the should I or shouldn't I surgery question! :lovestruc
Holy carptastic! How am I just now finding this and it's already on page 2! I'm here! Going back to read everything now!!
I was going to call but I figured you were doing something busy like getting a Brazilian so I did not want to interupt your personal time! :scared1:
Shannon
Well, I can't speak for everyone but I love that you are doing the surgery and are still here.

And even with the surgery, it's still about relearning how and what to eat. If you help me muddle through, I'll help you. That's what I love about this thread!

Well said Fred! I couldn't agree more! :)

I edited my previous post to my info post! Sorry for any confusion!!

Just wanted to add -

Shannon -

:hug: :hug:

Weight loss is a difficult journey, no matter what route you take!! I think it's great that you are taking such a brave step toward getting healthy. Which is what all of us are really doing, right? Taking the first step!

Good luck Shannon!!!

I edited my previous post to my info post! Sorry for any confusion!!
Thanks for the info - Does that mean you were not getting a brazillian ghostrider? :confused3 :lmao:

Have you guys thought of your sexy soap opera name for Skinny Island?

Add the street you grew up on to your first pet's name.

Mine - is Cricket Blaisdell :cool2:

My PITA sister would be
207th Ct W Bear

Fit's her! :lmao:

Well.......

I do have a lady doctor appt next week!

AHEM

But no, my skinny island will be located far away from Brazil!!

I think my name would be Lily Ranch.

Very southern Texas Belle of me, doncha think?

:rolleyes:

Have you guys thought of your sexy soap opera name for Skinny Island?

Add the street you grew up on to your first pet's name.

Mine - is Cricket Blaisdell :cool2:

My PITA sister would be
207th Ct W Bear

Fit's her! :lmao:

Mine would be 12th Ave Bacon :lmao:

Mine would be Bannerman Molson :confused3

Hey on a side note - I ate lunch today and have had 4 glasses of water :woohoo: (Okay so I failed on breakfast but we all have to start somewhere)

Does it matter what order the names are in? If not, mine would be Sheba Paffrath. Not bad.

so, in the spirit of being honest, I posted here and then went to our work Superbowl bar-b-que. I had a hamburger, chips, brownie, and gooey butter cake. Yep, I'm off to a great start with more "bad" calories coming through the superbowl. The good news is that I have been hard at it since I got back from Christmas so I lost 4 pounds already and have 3 solid weeks in the gym. I would have more, but work keeps getting in the way. After this weekend, though, who wants to bet that I have put that 4 pounds back on??? And this is why I need a place to be accountable!

Well.......

I think my name would be Lily Ranch.

Very southern Texas Belle of me, doncha think?

:rolleyes:
texas belle or slaw sauce! :lmao:
Mine would be 12th Ave Bacon :lmao:
Maple or original? :rotfl2:
Mine would be Bannerman Molson :confused3
What kind of animal was Molson?
Hey on a side note - I ate lunch today and have had 4 glasses of water :woohoo: (Okay so I failed on breakfast but we all have to start somewhere)
Great Job! :woohoo:
Does it matter what order the names are in? If not, mine would be Sheba Paffrath. Not bad.
I am assuming Paffrath is the street - so you would be Paffrath Sheba - sounds like a warrior princess! What drunken stupor was the name paffrath designed from? Sounds like Sylvester the Cat on Vodka! ;)
so, in the spirit of being honest, I posted here and then went to our work Superbowl bar-b-que. I had a hamburger, chips, brownie, and gooey butter cake. Yep, I'm off to a great start with more "bad" calories coming through the superbowl. The good news is that I have been hard at it since I got back from Christmas so I lost 4 pounds already and have 3 solid weeks in the gym. I would have more, but work keeps getting in the way. After this weekend, though, who wants to bet that I have put that 4 pounds back on??? And this is why I need a place to be accountable!

Go ahead - that is why we are honest and weigh in starts Monday - I thought give us a few days to get to know one another better - get honest and confortable and then we can slap the fat off! :eek:

OMG! I just realized Carsyn - would be either Skunk Brittany or Brittany Skunk!

Sounds like a hooker with an itch! Or a new name for Cruella Deville! :rotfl:

First Name and Screen name: askelton- Angela
What your Goal Is for Fitness: Honestly, I need to lose half of myself. Oy vey!
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: I am a Carb junkie. So my problem too. Meat is not my friend.
Favorite Good Food for You: I do enjoy fruit but am too lazy to fix it.
Favorite Form of Exercise: I hate to sweat! Actually I looked at the class schedule for the YMCA, and I'd do water aerobics as well as Spin. As much as I don't like Spinning, if I'm working out, I want the most bang for my buck.
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: Being able to buy clothes at any store, getting off my BP and cholesterol meds.
Family: Just my husband and me along with two spoiled cats. My husband is in the Army and being deployed in April, and I so want to be skinnier than heavier when he gets back. Especially since all he'll have to do is work out when he's not on duty. He was just gone for three weeks and I didn't cook at all whilst he was gone. Instead I ate out of the freezer which is not healthy at all.

My name would be Wednesday San Augustine.

I'm in if you guys will let me board the boat to Skinny Island!

First Name and Screen name: Alicia Leash
What your Goal Is for Fitness:I need to lose between 75 and 100 pounds. Acckk, knowing that in my head and actually seeing it written down is scary.
Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Everything. Mainly carbs (especially pasta an bread) and strangely cheese. See I have some moderate lactose intolerance but I love cheese and can't seem to cut myself off from it.
Favorite Good Food for You: I love fruits and veggies and if I actually make myself I will take the time to get them all prepped so I can snack on them or cook with them.
Favorite Form of Exercise: None. I haven't done any really exercise in about a year and I don't remember anything that I actually liked doing before that.
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: Really to be out of Plus Size clothing, I want to shop in the skinny girl section again!
Family: My Husband Robert who gets on kicks to lose weight and once he loses some he loses interest and then gains it back and usually some extra. When he is in a weight loss mood he can be real supportive otherwise he's like a little evil nymph dancing around and offering me cake and pizza. Though I don't live with her I live next door to my mom. She has been on a weight loss crusade lately and rather than actually being supportive of me she gives me looks and makes little comments any time I eat something that she feels is inappropriate or when I don't exercise and that kind of thing make me want to collapse on the couch with a bag of chips.

I think my real problem is I just love food and seem to have no idea when to stop eating. I have been trying to eat less and thereby shrink my stomach and get full faster. That end of things is working ok so far but I am not seeing any really change on the scale so that is discouraging. As far as exercise I know I am lazy so not really motivated there to begin with. But then last year I dislocated my knee and had to have surgery to repair it. I did the physical therapy, that was kind of exercise but the only reason I broke a sweat was how out of shape I was to begin with. And the PT helped but I am still not back to normal and there are some things I still cannot do. Plus I am just so afraid of having my knee go out on me again that I talk myself out of trying something to see if I can do it. So having gone into all that I am really hoping that having this thread and being accountable to other people who are going through the same kind of stuff I am will help me get my big bottom in gear and lose this weight!
Thank you for starting this Dawn and I really look forward to talking to you guys as time progresses. Good luck everyone.

Family: Just my husband and me along with two spoiled cats. My husband is in the Army and being deployed in April, and I so want to be skinnier than heavier when he gets back. Especially since all he'll have to do is work out when he's not on duty. He was just gone for three weeks and I didn't cook at all whilst he was gone. Instead I ate out of the freezer which is not healthy at all.

My cousin is a Jag corps officer and there now so I get the hard part of being here. His wife is one of the strongest people I know.

We can be your support group and your army boot! :cutie:

My name would be Wednesday San Augustine.
Sound voluptuous! :dance3:
I'm in if you guys will let me board the boat to Skinny Island!
We are Noah's Arc! Plenty of room!

I think my real problem is I just love food and seem to have no idea when to stop eating.

I am telling you that Sparkpeople.com is a huge asset for me. It tellms me how much I have eaten, the right amounts of what I have eaten etc. How much protein, fat, carbs and calories I need to get to my goal weight. It also gives me visuals of the breakdown of my food.

The biggest for me though - is entering the food BEFORE I eat it because when I face the facts of caloric value - half the time I say it is no not worth it and change my mind on what to eat.

Sounds like a lot of us here need a food prep day to help the excuse train get off the tracks!

I have been known to buy the food and if I don't prep it and put it away ready to eat - and just put it straight in the fridge...it gets in the trash all fuzzy and green 2 weeks later. Such a waste! I would be saving money spending the $1 extra for the washed and ready produce in tha case!:mad:

So my rule is - home and prepped then put away.

Hi i have also been reading your TR and decided to join in..I am trying to do this alone at home and its hard so I need the support of women like me...

First Name and Screen name: Wendy Disneediva
What your Goal Is for Fitness:lose about 100 lbs(holy crap thats alot..I was looking at a Xmas pic and it took me a minute to realize that I was the huge chick in those pics..ahhhhFood that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation:junkfoodFavorite Good Food for You:salad stuff
Favorite Form of Exercise:I have no fave..hence the huge tummy and ***
What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island:I agree and I want to fit comfy on rollercoasters and wear a pair of pants from a "real" storeFamily:m DH Mike and DS Austin

So I just want to post an update on my food intake. I heard the stomach grumble and went to look for something to eat since I sort of skipped lunch and haven't eaten since about 8am. I was reaching for a box of white cheddar Cheez-Its when a guilt-laden voice in my head said, "do you really want to eat these when you just signed up to a weight loss group this morning?"

So instead, I had a yogurt and a granola bar.

This is working! :woohoo:

I am telling you that Sparkpeople.com is a huge asset for me. It tellms me how much I have eaten, the right amounts of what I have eaten etc. How much protein, fat, carbs and calories I need to get to my goal weight. It also gives me visuals of the breakdown of my food.

Sounds like a lot of us here need a food prep day to help the excuse train get off the tracks!

I have been known to buy the food and if I don't prep it and put it away ready to eat - and just put it straight in the fridge...it gets in the trash all fuzzy and green 2 weeks later. Such a waste! I would be saving money spending the $1 extra for the washed and ready produce in tha case!:mad:

So my rule is - home and prepped then put away.

I'm gonna take a look at that site and give it a shot. I know that since some take out and sit down places have started listing the nutrition information for stuff I have stopped eating certain things because I just can't rationalize putting that much junk in my body.

I do exactly the same thing with food, I'll think about the fact that I have celery but I would have to wash it and cut it and that is too much trouble but Oh, I have a bag of Cheetos right there that I just have to reach into. So then the celery gets pushed to the back and I find its remains weeks later.

So I just want to post an update on my food intake. I heard the stomach grumble and went to look for something to eat since I sort of skipped lunch and haven't eaten since about 8am. I was reaching for a box of white cheddar Cheez-Its when a guilt-laden voice in my head said, "do you really want to eat these when you just signed up to a weight loss group this morning?"

So instead, I had a yogurt and a granola bar.

This is working! :woohoo:

:yay: for you!!

I so wanted to drive through a fast food restaurant on the way home from picking up DS7 from school. Instead I came home and had a bowl full of sliced dill pickles!! :woohoo: Don't get me wrong. I'll make myself something else later and then dinner tonight. BUT the fact that I resisted the drive thru for a snack at home is a BIGGIE for me!

:banana: for support!

First Name and Screen name:Gina , gbanshee

What your Goal Is for Fitness: tone up and 30 pounds

Food that you Find Hardest to Eat in Moderation: Junk (popcorn/cheetos)

Favorite Good Food for You: cucumbers and cauliflower

Favorite Form of Exercise: none:rotfl: Am using the wii fit and Wii active now.

What Your Goal is For Yourself when you get to Skinny Island: fit into a size 10 or 8

Family: caretaker to too many.

Leash, I know what you mean when you say you get discouraged when there isn't a big change on the scale. When that happens to me, I first try to remind myself that I didn't get to this body weight overnight so it won't come off overnight. I also do Dawn's trick of measuring. Back when I did Nutri-system (before I discovered my allergy to high amounts of soy) there were weeks when I didn't see a change in the scale but saw huge changes in the number of inches lost. One week, I lost 0 pounds but 7 inches off my body overall!! (Of course, it has all come back on now ARRGGGG). So, the second part of Dawn's accountability plan is truly a help. Plus, now there are a lot of us to help keep momentum going when we feel discouraged, right???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter