When are you planning to return to DLR?

We recently decided to move our canceled Sept 2020 trip to WDW Jan 2022. I keep second guessing if we should do that or just try to plan for DL Jan 2022. I hate making decisions!

If we don't go Jan 2022, I have no idea when we'll be able to go again. I'm guessing 2024 at the earliest.

We have GCV reservations for mid July but we are out of state so I may have to rent the reservation.

To be honest, I might do what I did with SW:GE. I didn't visit Disneyland until Rise of the Resistance opened, last Jan. I think I went a few weeks after it opened and visited all of Galaxy's Edge for the first time, all at once. I kind of want to do that with DLR and Avenger's Campus, although that depends a lot on how far away the Quinjet attraction's opening is. Either way - I had to give in to the need to visit a Disney resort in 2021 earlier this year, and since Disneyland wasn't open, my family's going to the World... which is a WAY more expensive and lengthy vacation. I won't be going back to DLR for realisies until 2022 - although I am going to a Touch of Disney next weekend for a "Disney-lite" experience. :)

We're tentatively planning to come in from out of town in October. Is everyone expecting big crowds once things get back to full capacity?

I also wonder how it'll be once reservations aren't required anymore. I feel like some don't want to deal with any restrictions or limited attractions, so perhaps it won't be an absolute onslaught.

We are thinking of going Mid May (5/17 - 5/21). That is a Monday to Friday

Any thoughts on how long the lines might be then, given the lack of fast passes? I know capacity will be at 25% to 35%, but I am wondering if there might still be crazy wait times.

Our reason for going then is both to get our kids there and to try to avoid some of the crowds/lines that will surely be coming once it is opened up more.

Thanks for any input!

To get this thread back on topic to "when are you planning to visit DLR?"

I think I've given up on planning for July, the stress has just sucked the fun out of it! So now I think we're all in for the holidays which is actually pretty exciting. We go every year around Christmas and that mixed with the happy feeling of being back will just result in all the feels! I'm going back and forth between Thanksgiving week and December depending on my teaching schedule.

Let's just let out of state folks be optimistic, okay? It's a hard day for us watching everyone book reservations while we're on the sidelines.

We get it.... none of the folks that live in CA feel we're going to be allowed to visit anytime soon lol!
I'm sorry if it came across that way. I really do hope it opens for you soon. But we have been burned so many times by tiers and color coding this last year. Lots of promises and then nothing and more rules. I hate to see people post things like "You should be good to go by June 15th" when that may not be the case. That's just not good info to share with someone who takes that as fact and books airline, hotel etc.

I'm sorry if it came across that way. I really do hope it opens for you soon. But we have been burned so many times by tiers and color coding this last year. Lots of promises and then nothing and more rules. I hate to see people post things like "You should be good to go by June 15th" when that may not be the case. That's just not good info to share with someone who takes that as fact and books airline, hotel etc.

Oh I get it! It's just every time I turn around on this side of the board when anything positive is side about the potential reopening on June 15th someone always pops up like 'nope, no way!' :scared:

I think most reasonable adults would know better before booking anything nonrefundable anyways with the way CA has gone back and forth so much. But doesn't mean we can't hope and plan!

I'm feeling pretty confident about a holiday trip so I might go ahead and book our flights this week while they're still so cheap... I love the new policies airlines have now with no change fees so you can easily just change everything- one positive thing to come out of this!

We are hoping for a mommy/daughter trip in December. Even if things are partly "normal" we will be thrilled to be back in our home park!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!