• August

• September

• October

• November

• December

Results are only viewable after voting.

mommylibrarian

Mouseketeer
Hi, all! I've been intrigued by all these posts about WDW Resorts being overbooked and not having a room available. Consequently, it seems people are getting upgrades or in some cases getting transferred to other hotels...

This has never happened to me, and it makes me wonder if there is any rhyme or reason to when this happens (busier seasons? Large conventions?).

If this has happened to you, the poll is to tell us what month it happened. In your comments, maybe give more details like what resort and what the outcome was.

Thanks for sating my curiosity! I'll look for patterns! popcorn::

Can you point out some of those posts? The only one I have seen is an issue at POR.

We had a 1BR reserved at the BCV this past October. When we went to check in, they had overbooked the villas so they put us (4 adults and our 2 y.o. DS) in 2 adjoining rooms with access to concierge services to compensate. It actually worked out for the better for us!!

I should have said that the posts indicate USUALLY that the result is a good one! An upgrade, etc. I'll try to find the posts again... :surfweb: I've just run across them over the last few weeks... haven't subscribed to any, of course! :scared1:

We were upgraded from a studio to 1BR at SSR last Thanksgiving!:banana: No reason given and I wasn't about to ask.;)

We were 'bumped out' from BWI room for 5 to BWV studio for 4 and given an aerobed for our 5th person. Manager said the hotel was over booked due to a Star Wars weekend.

These 'bump ups' were not due to rooms reserved being sold out, just nice CM's:
BC standard view to waterview, we had requested 1st floor and no 1st floor standard rooms were available.
AKL standard view to savannah view, 3 times, during mid week stays.

My sister went with her family sometime around Sept 23, 2007 and was scheduled to stay at a Value resort. They bumped her to a DVC resort (Saratoga Springs?) and comped her for two free nights for the trouble. They were planning on staying somewhere else in FL after their trip to Disney, so they could take the free nights offer. It was their first "family" trip to WDW and they could not have been happier.

Last March, I was upgraded to a preferred room at check-in. That worked out for me b/c I had wanted a prefered room, but was told they had none when I booked the trip. When I asked if one was now available when I was checking in, I was told my room already was a prefered room. But no luck at what my sister got!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter