Wheelchair/Handicapped Accessible Room Locations and Measurements

Hi, I just returned from a week at POP. I reserved a room with a roll in shower and king/double. Upon check-in I was given a renovated room with a roll in shower but with a Queen and Queen table bed. I was not happy because i specifically reserved a king because my disabled daughter needs to sleep in between Mom and Dad for safety reasons. If when booking i was advised rooms were being changed, i would have booked elsewhere. I went to front desk and firmly and politely explained that i required what i booked and i did not need a renovated room and they could look anywhere on WDW property to find the room type I had paid for and double checked on. Thankfully after a bit of searching and moving things around the POP manager was able to find a room in building 1 with everything i had booked.

I understand that this room was not what you requested, but do you remember the room number? Also, did there seem to be plenty of room for a wheel chair with both beds down? You are the first person I have seen posted in a room with roll-in-shower in a new room.

I just (yesterday) booked a trip for my youngest and myself for his March spring break (didn't know he really wants to go, as he just started college).

To my dismay, there was nothing with roll in shower available other than a couple resorts with one king bed. He really needs his sleep, and said he'd rather not share a bed for a week. So I was planning on shipping a shower seat (yes, housekeeping has them, but once it was fine and once they brought some monstrosity that no way fit in the tub) and making due. We booked at Pop, since we do enjoy that resort more than any other (yes, even over deluxe, although we like the Epcot resorts but nothing was available other than spending almost 1K a night in a BWI garden cottage, where we'd again share a bed anyway, LOL).

Just this morning, All Star Sports just popped up available with king/double and roll in shower so I grabbed it! That's where we stayed last spring break. Although we like Pop a bit more, the extra space is ideal (and it cost less). Fitting a wheelchair in the room can be super challenging!

In my searching, though, I did see that YES, Pop has done away with the king/double. They will offer the regular queen/murphy room with roll in shower instead (so these rooms must be bumped out, as the roll in shower bathroom is much larger).

I was so glad to find this this morning! Yesterday, there was no room anywhere on site with 2 beds and a roll in shower available!

PS: It seems that the only ones are in Surfs Up. Can anyone confirm that? Last trip we were in 1318 in Surfs Up (no I don't have excellent memory, just the text saying our room was ready) but we booked preferred. This time I booked standard, as preferred wasn't available.

Has anyone stayed in the AKL (Arusha) Savanna room with 1K + 1 Q? Online is lists is as wheelchair accessible with r/i shower + option for hearing accessibility. Would this be one 1 room with the 2 beds or 2 attached rooms like those at the Value resorts?

I booked this type room for our upcoming August stay, did you stay in this room? Anyone here stay in this room type? Just wondering about location and how the layout really is, thx

I booked this type room for our upcoming August stay, did you stay in this room? Anyone here stay in this room type? Just wondering about location and how the layout really is, thx

My gut tells me there is no way they can fit a king bed, a queen bed, and a larger bathroom to accommodate a roll in shower into one room. AKL rooms are not that big at all.

I am curious too. We have this room booked for April. I'm wondering how a wheelchair can get around in a room with a K and Q bed if it is the normal AKL sized room?

Last edited:
If it follows the pattern of other rooms that are listed as 1K+1D with roll-in shower, then it will be connecting rooms only sold as this combo under one room number. I've stayed in this type at all of the Values but not AK.

Last edited:
The All-star resorts are beginning refurbishment and will be getting the same type room makeovers as at Pop Century. Starting with Movies, then Music, then Sports. So I would guess within two years the 1K+1D will be gone at all the Values.

I have stayed in a 1K roll-in at POR, and in a 2Q roll-in at POFQ. It seems like I've seen 1K+1D listed at CBR, but haven't stayed in one there. It's the oldest moderate so wouldn't surprise me. Coronado rooms are slightly larger than the other mods, so I presume they can put 2Q with roll-in there if they can at POFQ. I haven't seen any pictures/reports from renovated Coronado accessible rooms.

Here is my video from Wilderness Lodge Villas, excuse me, Boulder Ridge (the original Villas wing). 1 bedroom Villa with roll-in. Large bathroom, teeny-tiny shower.

I just got back today; had a king/double with roll in shower booked for all star sports. I was told at the front desk that they changed my room type to a standard double, no HA at all. I'm standing there with my kid in a wheelchair, my other kid, being told this?! I said we can't make that work, so after almost 2 hours and some strange lies from her, they crammed us into a studio at the Boardwalk Villas. No storage whatsoever, only one small room (about the size of the sports room, as the bathroom was big). I got no sleep; my oldest makes too much noise so I can't share a room with him ever. Even though they refunded us some, it wasn't about the money. I would have paid twice if we could have gotten what I booked. Oh, I was told unless I call a "special department" they won't guarantee a HA room. BS. Just a warning, and I do know they are getting rid of these rooms, but how else can a mom travel with her kids and book two rooms knowing they're connected?

I just got back today; had a king/double with roll in shower booked for all star sports. I was told at the front desk that they changed my room type to a standard double, no HA at all. I'm standing there with my kid in a wheelchair, my other kid, being told this?! I said we can't make that work, so after almost 2 hours and some strange lies from her, they crammed us into a studio at the Boardwalk Villas. No storage whatsoever, only one small room (about the size of the sports room, as the bathroom was big). I got no sleep; my oldest makes too much noise so I can't share a room with him ever. Even though they refunded us some, it wasn't about the money. I would have paid twice if we could have gotten what I booked. Oh, I was told unless I call a "special department" they won't guarantee a HA room. BS. Just a warning, and I do know they are getting rid of these rooms, but how else can a mom travel with her kids and book two rooms knowing they're connected?
Wait, I just booked this room yesterday are you saying it’s no longer 2 rooms? And no king bed? I booked 1 k and 1 d arg now I’m stressed again please let me know thx

Wait, I just booked this room yesterday are you saying it’s no longer 2 rooms? And no king bed? I booked 1 k and 1 d arg now I’m stressed again please let me know thx
It should still be 2, until they do the renovations. They altered my reservation without my knowledge. I’d double check the reservation prior to arrival from now on. I’m still angry at what they did!

It should still be 2, until they do the renovations. They altered my reservation without my knowledge. I’d double check the reservation prior to arrival from now on. I’m still angry at what they did!
Wow! I’m sorry they did that, unreal. Thx for the info

I'm at Pop Century in one of the renovated roll-in shower rooms. This one has a king sized bed and no Murphy bed. It's a pretty good design but I'm not happy with the shower seat. It's a mesh seat at 17 1/2 inches high. Just pushing down on the seat brings it down to 16 inches, I'm sure it goes lower when I put 200 lbs of me on the seat. :) Transfer on are fine since that's going down. My wheelchair seat is 22 inches and all transfers are done by arm power only so transfers back up into the chair are pretty hard. I bring a yoga block with me so I can put one hand on that and get a little extra lift. I'm worried about how these benches will be 5 years from now. I can see the mesh stretching out and causing issues. Overall I prefer the solid wooden bench that was here before.

Bed is 21 1/2 inches high.
Toilet seat is 18 1/2 inches high.
The Shower Bench is 17/12 inches high with no one on it but drops lower when occupied. It's 35 inches wide and 14 inches deep.

Shower.JPG

I would like to reserve a handicap accessible studio at Bay Lake Tower but would like some feedback from anyone who has stayed there. Mostly interested in room size and bathroom layout. We have stayed in a regular studio here but now need the handicap accessibility
. If there are pictures that would be even better!!!

I'm having an unscheduled trip to WDW and I booked my room 2 days before arrival. I managed to get a roll-in shower room at All Star Music but imagine my surprise when I find out roll-in means you can roll-in but there is no bench. I was told by multiple people at the front desk that they have no permanent benches in any of the All Star Music roll-in shower rooms. They did give me a portable bench which is just OK. It works but is no where near as steady as a bench attached to the wall.

I did stop by All Star Movies to ask about the renovations and to see if they would be adding attached benches to the showers. The woman there was surprised at my question. She said all roll-in shower rooms at WDW had attached benches. She had worked in housekeeping at most resorts before moving to the front desk and all of the roll-in shower rooms she had seen had the attached bench. She knew for a fact that All Star Movies and All Star Sports had the attached benches. She was amazed when I showed her the shower at Music without a bench. The first words out of her mouth were "Well that's not safe at all." I agreed. Unfortunately they haven't renovated any of the roll-in shower rooms yet and the hotel staff won't be told what they will look like until they actually renovate a roll-in shower room. She gave me her number so I can call back in July to see what they look like.

I'm staying in room 6923 at All Star Music. The bed is 24 1/2 inches high with a metal frame underneath. The toilet is 16 inches high. The portable shower seat is 19 1/2 inches high.
Wday17C.JPG Wday17D.JPG Wday17E.JPG Wday17F.JPG

Holy cow! That's just not cool! The shower itself is arranged really nicely - looks like it's easy to enter - but the lack of a wall mounted bench is just weird! I hope they don't use those mesh-sling style that you saw at POP recently with the remodel!

That's what I was hoping to find out at Movies. The CM also though the mesh seat wouldn't be sturdy enough. But they haven't told them anything about the new roll-in shower rooms yet so we will have to wait to find out.

BillSears, that was our experience recently! Roll in shower, but NO SEAT! They seem to be removing them!

That was just a tip of the iceberg of our last trip, but really, the flip down seat was so much better. We were told they were removing them all. ***?

We have, after 30 trips, given up on family trips there due to these changes. I'll go a few more times, solo, since I got an Annual Pass, but won't stay at a Disney resort again.

I'm staying in room 6923 at All Star Music. The bed is 24 1/2 inches high with a metal frame underneath. The toilet is 16 inches high. The portable shower seat is 19 1/2 inches high.
That toilet seat is too low to be ADA compliant. I've been in two restrooms lately that were clearly marked handicap accessible, but both had low toilets and one did not even have a bar. One was at a gas station/restaurant on I30 in Texas, and the other was in a hospital (of all places) in Little Rock, AR.

That mesh bench in the other room would not work for me at all. I have to have something very sturdy to push up from.

Wow Happymommy. I would not be happy if they did remove all of the fixed benches.

That toilet seat is too low to be ADA compliant. I've been in two restrooms lately that were clearly marked handicap accessible, but both had low toilets and one did not even have a bar. One was at a gas station/restaurant on I30 in Texas, and the other was in a hospital (of all places) in Little Rock, AR.

That mesh bench in the other room would not work for me at all. I have to have something very sturdy to push up from.

I managed OK with the toilet height but it was very low. The mesh benches on the other hand are really hard to work with for me. I also need something very solid to sit up and push up from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter