Whats your Pet Peeves at WDW

That is a huge pet peave of mine. I always gave up my seat to someone older, pregnant or with a child sleeping or not. I also taught both my sons to do the same even though they may be pooped out, they will give up a seat and sit on the floor if need be. This last trip I had a very heavy sleeping 14 month old in my arms while I was standing from MK all the way back to POP.

I have to add that it is also very dangerous for a small child to be standing on the bus while it is moving. I mean think about it, we have them in car seats or booster seats in the car...why would we allow them to STAND on a bus? I have a hard time keeping my balance at times on these buses...much less my child. Just something to think about in addition to pregnant, elderly and those holding sleeping children.;)

I have to add that it is also very dangerous for a small child to be standing on the bus while it is moving. I mean think about it, we have them in car seats or booster seats in the car...why would we allow them to STAND on a bus? I have a hard time keeping my balance at times on these buses...much less my child. Just something to think about in addition to pregnant, elderly and those holding sleeping children.;)

Honestly most of the time my boys end up sitting on the floor instead of standing. I'm not to worried about it with them. My 8 year old outweighs my 12 year old by almost 15lbs, so I'm really not too horribly worried.

Honestly most of the time my boys end up sitting on the floor instead of standing. I'm not to worried about it with them. My 8 year old outweighs my 12 year old by almost 15lbs, so I'm really not too horribly worried.

Oh...I wasn't tell you not to let YOUR kids stand! I was just adding small children to list of people who shouldn't stand! Just wanted to make that clear! (I'm talking 2-6 or so);)

I totally agree.:thumbsup2 I will generally offer my seat to a standing child out of safety concerns (I usually offer to their parent) and allow them to decide if they would like a seat.

To me, this whole thing is simply a politeness issue. If you are healthy and can handle standing, allow someone who might be having more trouble than you the seat. Even if it is annoying to stand, I always find that I feel better having done it. Besides, it's the right thing to do.

1. People who think that because I am an adult, I don't deserve to see the parade or meet the characters. I will be more than happy to make room for your little one to see the parade, but I will not give up my spot just because I am an adult. And if I wait in line for a charater, or spend money for a character meal, I expect to be able to get a picture without your child. I know your kiddies are excited to see the character, but please teach them to wait their turn.

2. People who do not clean up after themselves at the counter service places. How hard is it to throw your trash away? And that means IN the trash can, not on it or next to it. It is the nice thing to do.

3. People who are rude to the CMs. Yes they are there doing a job, but that does not make them your slave or your whipping post. Show some manners! I still wish I had the nerve to say something to the woman who was so proud that she got a handful of EMH wristbands by yelling at a CM until they gave them to her. She just thought she was so great, and I thought she was a rude, classless jerk.

4. People who do not flush, or who leave messes behind them in the bathroom. Again, clean up after yourselves people! Yuck!

ITA with Everything you said !!!! :thumbsup2

One thing that drives me nuts on the bus is when a perfectly healthy adult person will remain seated, while a pregnant woman, elderly person, or a person carrying a sleping child is standing. I am a young(ish) helthy man, so I stand on the bus unless there are empty seats while the bus is moving. I understand that some of the people who remain seated may have some physical problem, but so many people remain seated (IMO) that they can't all have physical problems.

I have to say how impressed I am with most guests, being a mom usually carrying a sleeping child or even when he's awake. On our last trip, every time it was standing room only I was always offered a seat.

Teenaged kids can be bad enough, but latin tour groups are the worst....they cut lines like you would believe and it drives me absolutely nuts...I'm surpirsed I haven't seen more complaints about the Turisimo groups on here...They are rude!

We always make a mad dash AWAY from these groups!! We were in line at BTM and one guy waited in line then tried to let the WHOLE tour group cut in line. He was behind us, but the guy they were cutting in front of told them they couldn't do that. So they just let him go past and the rest of the 40, no lie, 40 people in their group cut in. People were complaining but they either didn't speak english or pretended to not speak english. I could believe how rude they were.

Personal pet peeves (flame suit on):

1. Strollers for any normal, healthy child over 2 years old.

It beats carrying a 2 yr old through WDW. I bought a stroller designed to hold up to 55 lbs. so my kid will be in his stroller til he's 12 if I can help it. Could you imagine those small kids having to walk all the time? MELTDOWNS! My kid sleeps in his stroller when he's tired. Plus, they are contained. I don't have to chase my kid through a crowd and I have somewhere to hold all my crap that I bring.​

People that complain loudly about a Make A Wish child getting special treatment. Like "HEY why does he/she get to go first, we've been waiting for half an hour to see Mickey here, etc."

Ugh, that is really sad for people to make comments about families who are getting special treatment b/c of that program. It provides such a great opportunity for kids who are truly deserving of it. People are so disappointing these days...

Boy you would hate me. My son looks like your average healthy 6 year old but he has very low muscle tone and can't walk to long so he will be in a stroller in May, he also had an eating disorder so could only eat things like mac&cheese and was in diapers until almost 5. You should never judge someone else because you don't what's going on in their lifes. If you just saw him you would never know the problem and things my son has been through in 6 years.

AMEN! My nephews are legally blind and they are 8 and 7. When we went last year, they used a stroller as a mobility device b/c it was far easier to get them around the park that way.

I figure if people weren't so judgmental at the parks, they might just have a better time while they are there...instead of focusing on the inadequacies of others. :sad2:

My biggest pet peeve...

People who feel they are entitled to judge who is and is not genuinely disabled, and/or who is using an ECV/wheelchair because they genuinely need it vs. for the perceived 'perks' involved. Then they proceed to give dirty looks &/or will comment out loud regarding those that they judge to be 'lazy fakers'.

1) Using an ECV/wheelchair does not gain anyone 'special perks'. For every attraction that the wheelchair user actually might get into more quickly than a mobile guest, they will likely need to wait longer for at least 3 or 4 others. Using a different entrance, when necessary, does not typically equate with cutting ahead of anyone else in line--it is simply the use of a handicapped accessible entrance.

2) Just because someone may be capable of getting up out of their chair to walk a few steps, or to transfer into a ride vehicle, does not mean they don't genuinely need that ECV/wheelchair in order to navigate the parks. There is a huge difference between being capable of limited mobility over short distances, and being capable of walking several miles each day of your WDW vacation.

3) A lot of very real physical disabilities are not outwardly obvious to the casual observer. And obesity is frequently the unfortunate side effect of a debilitating physical condition, necessary medications, etc.. Don't judge others based on your assumptions--you can't possibly know their needs & abilities based on outward appearance alone.

I don't know a single ECV/wheelchair user who wouldn't gladly give up their chair... in exchange for the ability to walk without pain, stand in the lines and experience WDW the way most able bodied guests do.

I have to wonder why so many people have posted pet peeves about things that have no effect on them. Who cares what other people feed their children? It has zero effect on my vacation. And people in ECVs or who use strollers? If it makes your vacation more enjoyable, more power to you! It bothers me not one whit!

Maybe if we all (including myself here) spent more time worrying about ourselves and how our family was behaving, and less time worrying about how others behaved, we would have less things to worry about. And I don't mean any of this in a mean way, so don't lock the thread please!

I'm just sayin........

My biggest pet peeve...

People who feel they are entitled to judge who is and is not genuinely disabled, and/or who is using an ECV/wheelchair because they genuinely need it vs. for the perceived 'perks' involved. Then they proceed to give dirty looks &/or will comment out loud regarding those that they judge to be 'lazy fakers'.

1) Using an ECV/wheelchair does not gain anyone 'special perks'. For every attraction that the wheelchair user actually might get into more quickly than a mobile guest, they will likely need to wait longer for at least 3 or 4 others. Using a different entrance, when necessary, does not typically equate with cutting ahead of anyone else in line--it is simply the use of a handicapped accessible entrance.

2) Just because someone may be capable of getting up out of their chair to walk a few steps, or to transfer into a ride vehicle, does not mean they don't genuinely need that ECV/wheelchair in order to navigate the parks. There is a huge difference between being capable of limited mobility over short distances, and being capable of walking several miles each day of your WDW vacation.

3) A lot of very real physical disabilities are not outwardly obvious to the casual observer. And obesity is frequently the unfortunate side effect of a debilitating physical condition, necessary medications, etc.. Don't judge others based on your assumptions--you can't possibly know their needs & abilities based on outward appearance alone.

I don't know a single ECV/wheelchair user who wouldn't gladly give up their chair... in exchange for the ability to walk without pain, stand in the lines and experience WDW the way most able bodied guests do.

Hoorah!!! Where is the Disney Spirit concerning these GUESTS? They are guests, just like you are and should be treated in the Disney spirit. Have some empathy! You may be there someday. (hope not, but you may)

People who just "throw on the breaks" out of nowhere. If you were driving and needed to look at your map, would you just stop in the fastlane? Move to the side and let people pass.

Where do you find these polite drivers??
I see the ones with the map open or on the phone asking for directions or looking at the GPS...
And NO WAY are they getting out of the fastlane.:laughing:

At least they don't STOP :scared1: in the fastlane on the highway.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet...

Overdoing PDA. Teenagers are REALLY bad about this. Every time I went to Disneyland, I would see teenagers with their hands down each other's pants or their tongues down each other's throat. It made me extremely uncomfortable, and the rest of my party as well- and we were there as a group of theatre people. Lines are NOT the place to make out. A kiss or a hug is fine- but I tend to think anything they won't show in a Disney movie is unacceptable for a Disney Park.

And rude stroller drivers. Several times my last visit to DL, I got shoved or pushed out of the way by a stroller. Or someone driving a stroller buzzed so quickly in front of us that we had to stop suddenly and cause a backup in traffic. Strollers are necessary, but acting like you are the most important person in the park just because you have one is not.

Being considered a second citizen just because you are an adult traveling with adults. Yep, I have chosen to come with my friends, no I don't have children, but just because of this doesn't mean that I haven't paid as much money as you have to enjoy my day at the park. I like the parades and fireworks as much as you do, and, while I will let a child in front of me to see a show, please don't shove them in front as if I were not there.

You is subjective, btw.

One thing that drives me nuts on the bus is when a perfectly healthy adult person will remain seated, while a pregnant woman, elderly person, or a person carrying a sleping child is standing. I am a young(ish) helthy man, so I stand on the bus unless there are empty seats while the bus is moving. I understand that some of the people who remain seated may have some physical problem, but so many people remain seated (IMO) that they can't all have physical problems.
Some of those people who are sitting are also just as tired as those who are standing with the sleeping child, they waited just like you did, they just happen to be waiting closer to the front and got a seat, I don't see why this is a pet peeve.

If I wanted a guaranteed seat than I wait for another bus and get a seat then. Sorry, I just think this is expecting too much of people, you can't expect everyone, who are raised differently and with different values, to feel like they have to give up seats for others. I was raised to give up my seat but at Disney a seat is a hot commodity, especially after a long and hot day at MK.

Ok things that spoil the MAGIC for me at Disney or at home:

Rude, mean, grouchy people. Life is too short to be miserable.

People who stand too close. If I can feel you, you are too close.

The non-flushers. YUCK!

The "me first" people. Remember kindergarten? We all learned to take turns, share, and be nice. And the best things about kindergarten were nap time and cookies and milk. ;)

Some general comments:

I too used to wonder why seemingly healthy people were in wheelchairs or evc's- I am ashamed to admit it. But after reading some posts on these boards I came to realize that all disabilities are not visible. On another note, I had never known anyone who was profoundly disabled until 2 years ago when a friend's son was critically injured and now must spend the rest of his life not only in a wheelchair but as a quadraplegic. I am sure that this young man would gladly trade places with any of us.

To the stroller moms(and dads) and perceived victimized guests: I have been a stroller mom. I have accidentally bumped your ankles- and I'm sorry. I got distracted and didnt see you but I always said I'm sorry. So now when I get bumped its not fun but I understand. I dont think stroller usage has an age limit. Once I had a 12yo, who complained of a sore foot from a cheerleading accident and I tried to get her to ride in a stroller but she refused. She didnt want people looking at her. It would have made mama happy not to hear her whine and dad could have rested from giving piggyback rides and stroller rental is cheaper than wheelchair rental.

I always gave up my seat to someone older, pregnant or with a child sleeping or not. I also taught both my sons to do the same even though they may be pooped out, they will give up a seat and sit on the floor if need be.

Bless you! Thank heavens for people like you! My whole family does the same: ALWAYS defer to others and always give up your seat to anyone else.

My DS6 is small for his age, and has skinny legs w/not a huge amount of muscle tone. If I made him walk the parks all day without a break in the stroller, he would be miserable and in pain. Not fair for him....

My one pet peeve - people who just don't know basic manners - "please" thank you, I'm sorry, excuse me, etc. Just basic stuff people... not hard to learn and use.

Everything else - I just ignore - not my problem, doesn't interfere all that much with my time at the World...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter