Whats your Pet Peeves at WDW

I also agree with DramaQueen about the character meals. This bothers me a lot too. We have had it happen many times. We have pictures of kids we don't know who ran up to Pooh just as I was taking my picture. Then Pooh starts to leave, and I have to ask the CM if we can get another picture with just my kids. I have seen parents tell their kids to "Go see Pooh". One kid last year actually took a strawberry off of our table after getting in our picture.

:scared1:

When people make negative threads like this, for no reason.

There is nothing wrong with a little venting, I mean so long as it doesn't turn into debates and all that, but honestly, life is not always rosey, rainbows and fluffy clouds, sometimes irritating things happen and why does this board have to be 100% positive and all that all the time? No posting unless it is about something happy? Sounds kind of boring after a while.

:love:

Or maybe if enough people see threads like this in doing their pre-trip research, it may cause them to think a little more about what they are doing when they are at WDW and avoid doing some of the things that tick other people off, you know have a little more regard for others. Probably not, but it is interesting to see what people think.

I like to think that most of the times people do these things, it's not intentionally trying to be rude, although a lot of people are just rude by nature and don't care about being considerate. But most people probably don't realize that they are doing these things.

It is funny to see how the "happiest place on earth" can evoke such rudeness from some people, I've seen it and it looks like a lot of others have seen it too. If we could all just get along, be more considerate of other people, clean up after ourselves, and be more tolerant of others and what special needs that they may have that may not be obviously apparent (What would Jesus do ?), it would allow everyone to have the fun that we all deserve when we pay the exhorbitant prices to go there.

We are all there to have fun, why do so many people treat it like a competition ?

Another thing, I noticed that a lot of the posts on this thread dealt with strollers and ECVs. One thing that we all have to realize going in is that strollers and ECVs are essentially going to dictate traffic flow, there's really nothing that can be done about that. And inevitably, they are going to slow down traffic.

That can be frustrating, but you can't let it ruin your time. The last time I went, I was starting to get fed up because of always being slown way down due to strollers and whatever, and I just took a second and thought to myself. If I wasn't here right now, where would I be ? WORK. That seemed to put things in perspective.

People with small children have a right to have strollers, otherwise they wouldn't be able to enjoy the parks as much. People with disabilities have the same rights towards an ECV. We just have to find a balance somewhere. Just as we need to be considerate of those who need those items in order to navigate the parks, they need to be considerate of others and not run in to people and not be in the way if it is avoidable (stopping in the middle for no reason, etc...)

In a perfect world, there would be separate walkways for strollers/ECVs but that is not really practical and people probably wouldn't follow those rules anyway.

It all comes down to not being so self-absorbed in your own world and what you are seeing and doing that you lose regard for other people. That's something that we all probably need to work on for the benefit of all of us.

Kinda cracks me up when people say they can't help clipping someone's ankles with their stroller because they just can't stop it sometimes. A couple of times we've gone to MK on cloudy days and I brought my golf umbrella with the pointy tip. I carried it point down but sticking out slightly behind me on an angle. Amazingly, I didn't get clipped by even one stroller despite salmon-packed crowds. The ability to stop suddenly increases in direct proportion to the risk of offspring getting poked.

You don't know what that seated adult may have going on(illness, could be pregnant but not showing yet etc) and this sounds harsh, but that parent with the sleeping child made the decision to get on a crowded bus. It won't kill them to wait for the next bus, they often only run about 15 minutes apart. I passed up many crowded buses last trip and it worked great-the next one that came along, I had a seat.

Someone offering you a seat should not be an expected thing...a parent is not any more important than anyone else.

Not slamming your pet peeve by any means. It's just that one of mine are people that feel entitled to prime spots at parades, fireworks and buses, because they have kids. To me, such things should be "first come, first served". This is really the only fair way for things to work, because we can't know what others are going through. Just my 2 cents and I'm off to put my flame retardant suit on now, LOL(I remember a bus seating thread on here a while back that got really nasty!)

Here are the things. In the OP I mentioned that some of these people may have some physical limitations in which case they should not stand up. But, I have seen this so many times, that if all of them have physical problems, then we are in grave danger of the unforseen curve of physical limitations. there were multiple instances per bus ride.

Second, I did not say that a person is expected to get up and offer their seat if they are a healthy person to someone who clerly needs a little help. I merely implied that they are a lazy, self-centered, rude person for not doing so.

This one is a major one.

I hate when I see people turn into zombies in the middle of no where. It is very scary and you then have to run away.

I was on line for Big Thunder Mountain and a man there decided it was time to turn into a zombie, everyone started to panic and it is very hard to run away in the middle of that particular line. I told my daughter and wife to follow me, we jumped several high railings and thankfully got away.

There were several people in line who weren't has fortunate and were bitten by the zombie and in turn turned into zombies themselves. Once this chain reaction starts it takes Disney a good day to rid the park of all zombies. It really can ruin a nice vacation when you are constantly looking over your shoulder because you are afraid of being attacked by zombies.

Here are the things. In the OP I mentioned that some of these people may have some physical limitations in which case they should not stand up. But, I have seen this so many times, that if all of them have physical problems, then we are in grave danger of the unforseen curve of physical limitations. there were multiple instances per bus ride.

Second, I did not say that a person is expected to get up and offer their seat if they are a healthy person to someone who clerly needs a little help. I merely implied that they are a lazy, self-centered, rude person for not doing so.

How is it not any more lazy, self-centered, or rude to get on a bus and expect someone to offer you their seat?:confused3 If you are unable to stand on a bus, you can take a taxi, or rent a car. It is all about choices.

So you could say one of my pet peeves is the opposite of yours. It bothers me when someone gets on a bus and expects someone to offer them a seat. If you absolutely can't stand you have no business getting on a full bus, and should rethink depending on the Disney busses for your transportation.

This one is a major one.

I hate when I see people turn into zombies in the middle of no where. It is very scary and you then have to run away.

I was on line for Big Thunder Mountain and a man there decided it was time to turn into a zombie, everyone started to panic and it is very hard to run away in the middle of that particular line. I told my daughter and wife to follow me, we jumped several high railings and thankfully got away.

There were several people in line who weren't has fortunate and were bitten by the zombie and in turn turned into zombies themselves. Once this chain reaction starts it takes Disney a good day to rid the park of all zombies. It really can ruin a nice vacation when you are constantly looking over your shoulder because you are afraid of being attacked by zombies.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

That is funniest thing I have heard in quite a while. Thanks for the laugh!!!!

This one is a major one.

you are my favourite!!! :hippie:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

This one is a major one.

Oh I know, it puts such a damper on the day, doesn't it? These people seem to think that turning into flesh eating monsters is perfectly socially, acceptable behaviour, and don't give a second thought for all the rest of us who paid a lot of money to be there!! :rotfl:

Originally quoted by Stinkerbell317
That is funniest thing I have heard in quite a while. Thanks for the laugh!!!!

I was serious. ;) Glad I made you laugh though. :rotfl:

Originally posted by
One Little Spark
Oh I know, it puts such a damper on the day, doesn't it? These people seem to think that turning into flesh eating monsters is perfectly socially, acceptable behaviour, and don't give a second thought for all the rest of us who paid a lot of money to be there!!

Exactley.:lmao:

Forget about the money, it really makes for a very stressful trip, whey you are always looking over your shoulder. :scared1:

When you are there for rope drop and you are "speed walking" to your destination and people still feel the need to run over you or push you out of the way so they can be first. Good Lord - if it is that important for you to be first, just say excuse me and I will let you pass. There is no need to be ugly about it.
I completely agree!

There is nothing wrong with a little venting, I mean so long as it doesn't turn into debates and all that, but honestly, life is not always rosey, rainbows and fluffy clouds, sometimes irritating things happen and why does this board have to be 100% positive and all that all the time? No posting unless it is about something happy? Sounds kind of boring after a while.

:love:
Its nice to have someone to vent to who understands the issue, its also nice when that smeone just listens and doesn't say things like "If it bothers you so much don't go to Disney World anymore" :scared1: AS IF!

As for poking innocent children with any type of projectile, if it happened to me because I am notoriously scatter brained, there would have been SERIOUS issues. Most things don't bother me but when Big Mama gets protective, it gets real scary real quick.

I'm sorry...

I did put DD5 in a stroller for a lot of this trip... she doesn't use a stroller at home anymore, but 9 days in WDW is a lot of walking for kids of any age, and splitting time with her in the stroller, or our backpack on the stroller and her on my hip so I can see/hear her reactions to stuff makes for a much easier day for all of us.

If I caught your ankle occaionally with the stroller, I'm also sorry... I'm a bit out of practice... trust me, i got caught more than I caught other people.

I do put DD on my shoulder during shows and fireworks sometime - not only does she get to see better, but I get to hear her better... I always look behind me and make sure I'm not spoiling anyone elses view. I always let little ones in front of me at parades and shows.

Only two people managed to irritate me enough that I had to comment in the whole nine days... the guy who had to barge in between me and my 5yo daughter, almost knocking her over, on the way in to Country Bear Jamboree, so he could catch up with his family who he had allowed to get ahead of him whil he parked their stroller; and the inconsiderate idiots who were smoking at the table next to us in the outside part of Pecos Bill's.

I confess that I did turn in to a zombie one afternoon: when I took DD 5 to Alice's Tea Party I immediately recognized the two CM's behind the desk as the two who had taken care of DD at the Mouseketeer Club the night before, and just sailed up to the counter to say hello,totally oblivious to the line of people waiting to check in in front of me... if you were there, I'm really sorry: that was not the normal me... I don't cut in line, I do give up my seat on the bus unless I'm carrying sleeping DD5, I always have my creditcard/money/key ready to pay for food, I always flush, I throw my gum and my trash in the trash cans... sometimes even other peoples trash too... I put it down to the fact that four days of rope-drop to evening EMH's can catch up with anyone ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter