Whats your Pet Peeves at WDW

I have one major pet peeve concerning the buses. It is when you are standing the entire ride, right near the entrance, and the person sitting in the seat where you are standing, has to get up to get off the bus before you.

Have some manners and wait until the people who are standing get off first.

One women practically pushed me out of the way as soon as the bus stopped. She bolted out of her seat and jumped in front of me. What a rude bugga.

This drives me nuts.

One thing that drives me nuts on the bus is when a perfectly healthy adult person will remain seated, while a pregnant woman, elderly person, or a person carrying a sleping child is standing. I am a young(ish) helthy man, so I stand on the bus unless there are empty seats while the bus is moving. I understand that some of the people who remain seated may have some physical problem, but so many people remain seated (IMO) that they can't all have physical problems.

This is my peeve too. How a grown adult can sit in a seat on a crowded bus while a parent stands trying to hold a sleeping child is beyond me . Give me a break people!!!

I personally could care less what leads someone to either chose to use or need to use an ECV or a wheelchair. It is the people walking, operating an ECV or pushing a stroller who stop in the middle of a crowded walkway or push into your back with no apology or acknowledgment that bothers me. I have inadvertently bumped into someone, but I apologize profusely to the person. Please feel free to use an ECV or a stroller as you see fit as it will most likely allow you to enjoy your vacation, but please also be aware of the crowds around you.

Also, the comments you hear from parents berating their children that "I paid a fortune for this trip and you WILL have fun". Instead of forcing the issue, perhaps taking a little time away from the mayhem may return your family vacation to what it was intended to be.

I have personal peeves about people who don't clean up after themselves regardless of being in WDW. The same thing happens at the mall, at the movies or anywhere else people congregate.

I understand the frustration everyone must feel about staking out a place to wait for a parade. My DD had not seen the Spectromagic Parade before and insisted she had no interest in watching it - until she saw it as we were leaving!! I politely tried to find a spot where she could duck in front of a standing adult without impacting their line of vision and was shocked at the rudeness of people who had room for 2 tiny little feet to stand in front of them and refused her access. Again, I understand some of you had staked out your spot well before the start of the parade but there ARE people who do not know yet how incredibly magical it will be and to tell a little girl standing there with tears in her eyes that you refuse to move over a few inches is just....well, rude.

First of all, I don't see why everyone is jumping down each others throats for unrealistic pet peeves. My pet peeve in RL is waiting for trains to go by at a railway crossing--it's very unrealistic to be able to escape that, but hey-it's something that annoys ME for absolutley no reason.
A pet peeve, is a pet peeve.
And I hope this thread doesn't get closed for that reason because it's very interesting.

Anyways, my WDW pet peeves would have to be as follows:

Seeing families who look like they are ready to kill each other, or who are arguing or complaining loudly. I don't need to see everyone's dirty laundry @ WDW!!!

When people in MY party complain!! Just shut your trap and enjoy your vacation!! (my little cousin is the main culprit of this one)

Line Cutters & Parade Pushers. It is REALLY hard for me to enjoy a parade when I am so severley annoyed with the people who keep pushing & elbowing me!!

And this is my BIGGEST one!!! It irritates me & my fmaily SO very much:
When at a character meal, parents send their kids to your table while the characters are there to visit YOU.
WAIT
YOUR
TURN!!
The characters come around to every table MULTIPLE times, just have a LITTLE patience. It makes me want to wait until the characters are at THEIR table and go ruin THEIR pictures!!! (but I'm really not that vindictive)

I can't say I've ever seen any excessive PDA (even from teens) but I'd be extremely annoyed if I ever did! :scared:

My pet peeve is people who complain about people with wheelchairs, ECVs or special needs.
For those who think there are any special privileges of using a wheelchair or ECV, I invite you to join us.
Along with the very few attractions where we may get to sit in the front row, there are very many where the only seating for people using wheelchairs or ECVs is in the back row, so we have no choice of where to sit.
Along with whatever seating there is , there is sometimes the added 'problem' of not having enough wheelchair spots. So, someone with a wheelchair may end up like we did at Voyage of the Little Mermaid, coming at our Fastpass return time, seeing the CMs letting in people from the Standby line for that show, but we had to wait for the next show because all the wheelchair spots were full.
Or, getting to Tiki Birds in time for the show, but not being able to get in because all the wheelchair spots were full (even though it was not a full house).

Along with the very few attractions where we may get in a bit faster, there are very many times where we have to wait because only a certain number of people with special needs are allowed on the ride at once because of evacuation concerns. We've waited at the exit (yes, we boarded at the exit) of Spaceship Earth for over 1/2 hour when the regular line was basically walking right in. At Buzz Lightyear, the point where people with wheelchairs get 'pulled out' of line is right before the regular boarding area. We get pulled off and usually are still waiting to get boarded when the people who were ahead of us in line are getting off. So, if you see someone getting taken somewhere else to board, realize that they are not getting on right away.

Here's a list of Mainstream Attractions from the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities; those where the regular lines are wheelchair accessible and those with wheelchairs wait in the regular line with everyone else:
Magic Kingdom® Park
• Ariel's Grotto
• Astro Orbiter
• Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
• Donald's Boat
• Judge's Tent
• Mickey's Country House
• Mickey's PhilharMagic
• Minnie's Country House
• Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• Space Mountain®
• Splash Mountain®
• Stitch's Great Escape!™
• "The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management"
• The Hall of Presidents
• The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
• The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• Tomorrowland® Indy Speedway
• Toontown Hall of Fame
• Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (seasonal)
Epcot®
• FUTURE WORLD
• Imagination!: All Attractions
• Innoventions East
• Innoventions West
• Mission: SPACE
• Test Track
• The Seas with Nemo & Friends: All Attractions
• The Land: All Attractions
• Universe of Energy: "Ellen's Energy Adventure"

• WORLD SHOWCASE
• China: "Reflections of China"
• France: "Impressions de France"
• FriendShip Boats
• Norway: Maelstrom
• The American Adventure: "The American Adventure"

Disney's Hollywood Studios™
• Disney's Hollywood Studios™ Backlot Tour
• Fantasmic!
• Lights, Motors, Action!™ Extreme Stunt Show
• Muppet*Vision 3D
• Playhouse Disney - Live On Stage!
• Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith
• Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey
• Star Tours
• The Great Movie Ride
• The Magic of Disney Animation
• "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™"
• *Voyage of the Little Mermaid
• Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
• Caravan Stage: "Flights of Wonder"
• DINOSAUR
• Expedition Everest™
• Finding Nemo - The Musical
• Grandmother Willow's Grove: "Pocahontas and Her forest friends"
• It's Tough To Be A Bug
• Kali River Rapids
• Kilimanjaro Safaris
• Lion King Theater: "Festival of the Lion King"
• Maharajah Jungle Trek
• Primeval Whirl
• The Boneyard
• TriceraTop Spin

Missing from the list is the ride in Mexico, but they do have a Mainstream line.

I have a few I'd like to add:

The Weaver's - those people who can not walk a straight line and their ankle wander's over in front of my stroller. Sure there isn't a dotted line but you don't need the entire sidewalk. If you were a car, you'd be pulled over for possible DUI.

The Sudden Stopper's - particularly bad on an exitway. I've had people open a map at the very bottom and block the exit of Dumbo. :sad2: There aren't any breaks on a stroller and if you've got a double stroller filled with kid's and accessories, again, your ankle loses that round.

I second the person who mentioned people who stand around in the CS line chatting for 15 minutes then only look at the menu when the get to the cash register. And, although I will let my DD's order for themselves, they have 2 seconds and if they don't spit it out, I order for them. I don't think it is cute for a Mom to go over the kid's menu with Johnny in front of the cashier. Step aside.

The line scouts kill me on Soarin'. I can't do the standby line anymore even for short waits. Test Track does something similar. People that push between my family of four trying to beat us through the door. I really don't feel like locking arms like a human shield.

Just FYI; I kept my DD's in a stroller as long as possible. I wish more people did, since kids are the worst weavers. I often take my two to the park by myself and it is MUCH safer to have them in the stroller where I can see them and not wandering around. Trying to watch where you are going, navigate a crowd and hold on to small children doesn't seem safe. If they are in the stroller you know where they are and not running into me.

And this will really get me flamed. People on the disboards that can't use the thread tools to subscribe to a thread and then just post "subscribing".

This is my peeve too. How a grown adult can sit in a seat on a crowded bus while a parent stands trying to hold a sleeping child is beyond me . Give me a break people!!!
You don't know what that seated adult may have going on(illness, could be pregnant but not showing yet etc) and this sounds harsh, but that parent with the sleeping child made the decision to get on a crowded bus. It won't kill them to wait for the next bus, they often only run about 15 minutes apart. I passed up many crowded buses last trip and it worked great-the next one that came along, I had a seat.

Someone offering you a seat should not be an expected thing...a parent is not any more important than anyone else.

Not slamming your pet peeve by any means. It's just that one of mine are people that feel entitled to prime spots at parades, fireworks and buses, because they have kids. To me, such things should be "first come, first served". This is really the only fair way for things to work, because we can't know what others are going through. Just my 2 cents and I'm off to put my flame retardant suit on now, LOL(I remember a bus seating thread on here a while back that got really nasty!)

I am always polite to others and teach my kids this also. My older boys have often given up their seats on busses just because they want to. I am always so proud of them when they do this.

I think that sometimes things happen that are not on purpose or the person doing it is just not paying attention, or didn't even realize they did something.

The thing that bothers me the most is that when I or my kid's accidentally do something, like bump into someone, or step on someone's foot,... etc. and I or my kid's sincerely apologize, we still get ugly looks.

I also agree with DramaQueen about the character meals. This bothers me a lot too. We have had it happen many times. We have pictures of kids we don't know who ran up to Pooh just as I was taking my picture. Then Pooh starts to leave, and I have to ask the CM if we can get another picture with just my kids. I have seen parents tell their kids to "Go see Pooh". One kid last year actually took a strawberry off of our table after getting in our picture.

I am always polite to others and teach my kids this also. My older boys have often given up their seats on busses just because they want to. I am always so proud of them when they do this.

I think that sometimes things happen that are not on purpose or the person doing it is just not paying attention, or didn't even realize they did something.

Last year I remember being on the bus, sitting down and I was talking to a man who was holding his dd the whole ride. Normally I would have given up my seat, cause that is how I am but I guess I just was totally not even thinking because I was so wrapped up in the conversation. It wasn't until we were getting off and I heard him say to someone, omg, I feel like my arm is gonna fall off...did I even realize that I just didn't even give up my seat. It still bugs me now. I wasn't not giving up my seat because I wanted it, I just wasn't even thinking.

You don't know what that seated adult may have going on(illness, could be pregnant but not showing yet etc) and this sounds harsh, but that parent with the sleeping child made the decision to get on a crowded bus. It won't kill them to wait for the next bus, they often only run about 15 minutes apart. I passed up many crowded buses last trip and it worked great-the next one that came along, I had a seat.

Someone offering you a seat should not be an expected thing...a parent is not any more important than anyone else.

Not slamming your pet peeve by any means. It's just that one of mine are people that feel entitled to prime spots at parades, fireworks and buses, because they have kids. To me, such things should be "first come, first served". This is really the only fair way for things to work, because we can't know what others are going through. Just my 2 cents and I'm off to put my flame retardant suit on now, LOL(I remember a bus seating thread on here a while back that got really nasty!)
Thank you! I know I'm not the only one who feels this way... and you're totally right about the being pregnant but not showing. The friends that we vacation with have a little boy and she was feeling tired and run down all week... come to find out a week after we get home, she is pregnant!! She didn't give up her seat because she felt bad and no one could know that she was not feeling well by just looking at her.

So, again... I don't think anyone should expect to have a seat because they expect someone to give theirs up. If you want a seat than wait for another bus.

Not slamming your pet peeve by any means. It's just that one of mine are people that feel entitled to prime spots at parades, fireworks and buses, because they have kids.

I was not speaking from a point of entitlement. I do not think as a parent I am better then someone who is not a parent. It was a question of what a pet peeve is and I responded. I would personally chose to offer my seat to someone who is elderly, someone who is pregnant, someone who is holding a sleeping child, etc. Thats just me. If you do not feel that same way, you should feel good with your convictions. Cheers. :hippie:

People that walk around smoking?????? I find this extremly rude and inconsiderate, to those w/ health problems especially. Also litterbugs.

I am annoyed when people stop in the middle of the walkway to look at their map, thus blocking passage and you have to go around them (that is, if you didn't run them over first because you had absolutley no warning that they were going to slam on the brakes right in front of you).

They can't move off to one side and do it so they are not in everyone else's way ? :sad2:

When people make negative threads like this, for no reason.

Well sometimes, there are people like myself and falchion3 who like to state the things we find annoying. It feels good to vent! And NOT in a "negative" way :rotfl:

We all have our ways to express ourselves!

My Annoying Things:
1. I agree on those people who stop to look at their maps right in the middle of everything, come on- go off to the side please!
2. In addition to that, families with 5 or more really need to walk at a "normal" speed and not like a snail.
3. Kids on their parent's shoudlers during parade/fireworks! Come on there are people behind you for Chirst's sake!!! Are you THAT oblivious? If your kid cannot see above the 5'6" person in front of him/her, how do you think someone like me who is 5'2" can see over you AND your kid? :confused3

That's it for all my annoyances, lol. I have tons of things I love about WDW though I just don't know if DIS has enough room for that :banana:

I've merged these two threads with the EXACT same notion together. :)

The only things that bother me are as follows:

1. line cutters...how is it fair that somebody be standing in line for 15 minutes and then somebody who didn't have the patience just cut in and go to front...

2. people who go to the bathroom but then don't flush...that is not only gross for the next person using the bathroom but it is rude...

3. people who just decide to stop in the middle of the road to get something or read a map...I think these people believe they are the only ones around and no one else exists, that is the only way I could rationalize why they do it...please move to the side if you plan on stopping the parks are packed enough as it is...:headache:

When you are there for rope drop and you are "speed walking" to your destination and people still feel the need to run over you or push you out of the way so they can be first. Good Lord - if it is that important for you to be first, just say excuse me and I will let you pass. There is no need to be ugly about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter