What's your favorite dining room?

Triton's on Wonder, Royal Palace on Dream/Fantasy. I like the elegance and more subdued atmosphere.

I'm not a big dinner and a show kind of person so AP seems frentic, crowded and overly loud.

And sadly in Enchanted Garden I'm always distracted by teacup (those cute booths that not everyone gets) envy!

I agree with you on the first two points, but not the last. We were assigned to one of those awful booths last fall. Requested a change immediately!

Palo is definitely my favorite restaurant....especially for brunch! Great food, great service, and amazing views. :)

You can't go wrong with any MDR of course, but we love the formal feel of Royal on the Fantasy and Dream (and escargot is hands-down my favorite menu item in the MDRs. All that butter and garlic....yes PLEASE!). Animator's on the Wonder and Magic is a super close second place for the pure Disney feel of it. It's truly magical watching the room come alive with color! AP on Dream and Fantasy is nice, but doesn't compare to the original for me. When we're on a 3 night trip and have to skip an MDR to eat at Palo or Remy, we always skip Enchanted or Cariocas. For me personally, there really isn't anything that stands out about either when it comes to the theme or the menu. But just as important to me is requesting our dining rotation so we're in specific restaurants on certain evenings, for example I prefer to be in Animator's on Pirate Night, and Royal (or Triton's) for formal or semi formal night. But again, that's just me and everyone has different preferences. What's great about DCL dining is that there is something for everyone to love!

I can't wait for our first cruise. We'll be on the Fantasy, and I'm looking forward to Royal Palace. Also want to do brunch dinner at Palo? Does anyone have a suggestion as to the best night to do Palo? We're on a 7 night cruise.

In order - -

Palo Brunch - Wonder & Magic
Parrot Cay - Wonder
Animator's - Wonder
Animators - Magic
Triton's - Wonder
Royal Palace - Dream
Cabana's - Magic
Luigi's Pizza - Dream

Probably should have snuck in the Ice Cream machine between the two Animator's, at least the number of times the family hits them they appear to be a big hit.

For theme, I liked Animator's, For food, I liked Enchanted Garden...their tuna avocado tower was best app I've had anywhere.

I have a family of picky eaters. We are sailing on the Dream and would like to get recommendations for which places are good with picky eaters?
they will try to accommodate you in all the dining rooms. it also depends on what u mean by "picky"... also, a cruise is a great time to introduce new foods.

My favorite is the Royal Palace because I'm a princess nerdprincess: and it's just that classic royal Disney. However I love the Animator Palate on the show night when they draw. You will love them all though! Happy Sailing! :sail:

So, I ended up making a post about Palo a few days ago, and this may play into the "meh" feeling about Palo, but I was really looking for to eating at Animator's Palate. However, our rotation ended up having two nights at AP but the one we went to was Pirate night, so not the usual "show" and we missed the regular night due to Palo. :(

I have a family of picky eaters. We are sailing on the Dream and would like to get recommendations for which places are good with picky eaters?

So, I can answer this now! Our 12 year old is super picky. She was able to get a bacon cheeseburger or chicken nuggets every day in the dining rooms. It wasn't on the menu, but our server made sure she got it. :)

I've done Magic and Wonder. I like the show at Animator's Palate best but I definitely look forward to the food at Lumiere's on the Magic more (duck, escargot, and french onion soup) but I think its theming (as well as Triton's on the Wonder) aren't as fun as the other restaurants.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter