Whats the one thing that DLP is missing?

missj171 said:
A water ride would be good, I'd go for a rapids style one, as you don't always get as wet on them as on a flume, and so you wouldnt have as much problems with weather. But like the original poster said, we have them here at Chessington etc! But then Chessington closes down over the winter- doesn't it? Where as DLP stays open.

The studios will be much better with ToT, but I'd love to see a ride like the Buzz Lightyear ride (is that the right one, with the shooting?! Like MIB at Universal) that would be fun, and undercover!

I'm guessing that you've never ridden Kali River Rapids at AK. If you haven't, definitely ride it when you go to WDW. Don't worry. You won't get wet. :rotfl2:

emmaness said:
Splash Mountain would be a FANTASTIC addition to DLP, definitely! I don't think the weather would be a problem at all. People go on the Log Flume and River Rapids at Alton Towers in the pouring rain, don't they?! Or maybe that's just me. :p

I love water rides in the rain. Shorter lines! :teeth: Actually, I don't think rain is the problem. It's the cold temps. There's been many times when I considered it too cold at WDW to ride Splash Mtn. We Floridians are known to be weather wimps though. :blush:

I'm curious to hear about Japan's Toon Town myself. It's obviously much better than the MK's @ WDW. Not much to do there, except get autographs, & ride a tiny coaster.

tarheelmjfan said:
I'm guessing that you've never ridden Kali River Rapids at AK. If you haven't, definitely ride it when you go to WDW. Don't worry. You won't get wet. :rotfl2:
:rotfl: Of course not! ;) Just think of it as a light swim!!

Overall, the Studios needs more. What it has is good, but it just needs more. A Tower of Terror-like ride would be nice, but I imagine it may have different theming than in WDW- did they ever watch the Twilight Zone in France? I would like it if they expanded the Animation attraction. I feel like it could be a huge thing, but right now it's not much. It's hard to think of what else would work at the Studios that would still have a Studios theme but fit in for the various language requirements. Maybe something like Mickey's Philharmagic at the MK in WDW? I really liked that show.

I also second the idea for a nice sit-down restaurant at the Studios. We don't like fast food too much, so trying to have lunch at Disneyland Park is only another reason to just do the Studios in the morning.

some good suggestions there! i agree that the studios definitely needs some expansion.Although,it does have cinemagique,the greatest way to spend 30 minutes in the world ever,so it can be forgiven for not having a lot!I have heard about toon town but i dont really know how many rides will be in it etc.i only go to DLP in the winter months(its so quiet!) and it does get very cold sometimes even for me and i love the cold,so i can see the point about splash mountain,but even so,people would be warned in advance they may get wet,and they could put the stand in heaters on the exit of the ride,like in Alton Towers.
Before splash mountain or anything else,i pray that DLP put something new in place of Honey I Shrunk The Audience!its fun the first time,but its very old,half of the people going on the ride wont even know what honey i shrunk the kids was!whats that 'a bugs life' like in WDW,would it suit DLP?it has to be better than honey i shrunk the audience?!

TeamJones22 said:
Before splash mountain or anything else,i pray that DLP put something new in place of Honey I Shrunk The Audience!its fun the first time,but its very old,half of the people going on the ride wont even know what honey i shrunk the kids was!whats that 'a bugs life' like in WDW,would it suit DLP?it has to be better than honey i shrunk the audience?!

I do hope they don't replace HISTA, I love it! I've never seen the films myself but it makes little difference as the experience is self-explanatory enough to get the viewers involved. It's always packed too so it's still getting the people in by the theatre-load. No matter how many times I visit HISTA something will always get me - the bullet, the snake, the water, the mice - I love it! Disney goes back a long time and to bring everything 'up to date' just for the younger visitors would be in ignorance of Disney's routes and journey to today - just look at the castle, a timeless classic! With Pixar intending to be a big part of the new Toon area in the Studios I'm all for keeping HISTA untouched for, well, ever!

Teamjones - I'm not that fond of It's Tough to Be Bug at WDW's AK. It's even less child friendly than HISTA in my opinion. I could think of things I would prefer ;)

It's Tough To Be A Bug scared the HELL out of me, LOL. :earseek: It was actually quite painful, too, as I remember! An acquired taste, perhaps!!

Hi,

I've never been to any of the other Disney resorts, so I can't compare DLRP with other existing facilities - but I am always a bit surprised that the two films that really spring to mind as having a french influence The Aristocats and The Hunchback of Notredame don't have a bigger showing - they are definately missing [or is it just me?].

Kaye

The climate is the first thing missing!

Soarin would be nice.

I like the fact that everything is close together in DLP and you can walk from most the hotels. I like the Blue Lagoon restaurant which WDW does not have.

But the biggest thing missing is a DVC resort.

Susan

DVC? thats disney vacation club is it? To be honest,i dont really know what that does so i cant comment.whats fantasmic as well?ive never been to WDW,unfortunately,a bit out of my price range right now! what i think paris is missing still,despite the thread i started about them,is all the clever little secrets they have in WDW.for example:

''8.Madame Leota's headstone--you have to watch the stone for awhile to get the effect but it opens it's eyes for the briefest of time and then goes back to appear like it is stone. The timing is absolutely great because the effect lasts such a short time that if someone sees it by chance, by the time they turn to tell others about it, it has gone. That leaves the observer trying to explain to a skeptical group, just what they saw. Good for a lot of laughs and very well done.''

i think while they do have some of those at DLP,they could have a lot more and i think they are absolutely fantastic touches and really add to your whole holiday experience.

diberry said:
We absolutely ADORE "It's Tough to be a Bug" - much much better than HISTA.

I agree completely. Although, I think they're both better than Muppet Vision 3D. Personally, I think the improvements in technology are evident with the release of each of these films. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they come up with next. :goodvibes I would take a Disney version of Spiderman at IOA. :banana:

bonhoga said:
Hi,

I've never been to any of the other Disney resorts, so I can't compare DLRP with other existing facilities - but I am always a bit surprised that the two films that really spring to mind as having a french influence The Aristocats and The Hunchback of Notredame don't have a bigger showing - they are definately missing [or is it just me?].

Kaye

I'd never thought of that before Kaye! We love the Aristocats in this house :love:

My DD is a huge Missy Marie fan :teeth:

the introduction of new technology is a very good point,and thats what i think honey i shrunk the audience misses out on.The end of the ride is very funny,the bit with the dogs nose,and im sorry to ruin it for anyone who hasnt been on it already,but hasnt anyone else been on the ride when they didnt feel anything at the end but people around them did or is that just me?And with the tedious Kodak presentation at the start,and the introduction of french into the attraction,i think its an attraction in desperate need of a facelift! It surely wouldnt take that much doing with some already brilliant alternatives available in WDW?
i appreciate though that its a matter of opinion,and for all those who enjoy it i hope that its a long lasting attraction for you.

Good point as well with aristocats and hunchback,ud have thought they would be highlighted a lot more.Although apart from meet-n-greet characters,how could they be intergrated to the DLP setup?

I was thinking shows and attractions I guess teamjones? Or even shops with the theme in (and the usual suspects sold in it)

Hi Teamjones 22
I guess with the Aristocats and The Hunchback of Notre dame I was thinking along the lines of cafes/attractions but wow wouldn't a jazz cafe be nice - just like the "hip joint " at the end of the movie - I know jazz isn't everybody's cup of tea but theres already quite a few country music themed places. However I would be quite happy to settle for the characters or even to see them represented in the parades - and I haven't seen either!! :confused3

kaye

I'd like to see , in the studios, a DLP version of the Great Movie Ride. I love the 5 minute film at the end of that and the Wizard of Oz bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter