Whats the one thing that DLP is missing?

TeamJones22

Cashback!
what do you think is the one thing that DLP is missing?
me personally,i think its a proper water ride.Pirates of the caribbean is one of if not the best ride ive ever been on,but its not a proper water ride with splashes and massive drops and the like,like splash mountain is.I know people think its because of climate they dont have one there,but they have them here in the UK where the weather isnt the best lets say! they are a massive hit here and i think they would be in DLP too.
But anyway thats just me!what do u think its missing?

I think a lot of people will say Splash Mountain. Personally I can take it or leave it! I'm not a big fan of getting wet - whatever the weather!!

What I'd love one day - although I've never ridden it - is Soarin'!! A fantastic ride everyone can enjoy, no language problems and you stay dry - perfect!!! :flower:

Toon Town - but that's being rectified. Toon Town in Tokyo is absolutely brilliant and it's the one thing I always missed not having at DLRP.

Definitely Splash Mountain which is our all-time favourite ride at WDW.
Considering that Soarin' made me feel sick, is it a good idea to be thinking of doing Indiana Jones when we go to DLP in 55 days (precisely!!!)?

I've never been on any of them but I like the idea of DLRP having Soarin' (looked fabulous), Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror. Luckily the last one is going to happen. :sunny:

diberry said:
Definitely Splash Mountain which is our all-time favourite ride at WDW.
Considering that Soarin' made me feel sick, is it a good idea to be thinking of doing Indiana Jones when we go to DLP in 55 days (precisely!!!)?

Cyberspace mountain & Star Tours to some extent, tend to make be feel slightly sick.

I think its caused by the projection and focusing on that rather then the actual movement.

As I can ride Indy & All the other actual phsyical rides with no problems even straight after a large breakfast.

chrismoo said:
Cyberspace mountain & Star Tours to some extent, tend to make be feel slightly sick.

I think its caused by the projection and focusing on that rather then the actual movement.

As I can ride Indy & All the other actual phsyical rides with no problems even straight after a large breakfast.
Thanks chrismoo - I think you're right - there was no actual movement involved in Soarin' once we had been lifted up to the right height (well, no more than about a 6 degree pitch I believe). It's just soaring up into the air and swooping down again and banking to left and right on screen that makes you feel like you're doing it yourself - very realistic!!! Indy here we come!!!!!

I agree Michael UK - Epcot especially World Showcase. No need to fly all that way over the Atlantic then.

I know they're adding more things at the Studios but they need to speed things up. I vote for Voyage of the Little Mermaid. :cool1:

I'd love them to have Tower of Terror, Dinosaur, The Hulk, Dueling Dragons, Stitch's Great Escape. :teeth: :wizard:

Donna
xxx

def. splash mountain.

why haven't they got a log flume there?

is it because of the weather in the winter?

I'd agree about Splash Mountain.

Personally I would like to see the shows changed more often.

I just think generally the Studios could be much better. What's there is great, there's just not enough at it (yet). Even some more (better) restaurants at Studios would be a big improvement. Steve, what is Toon Town?

A water ride would be good, I'd go for a rapids style one, as you don't always get as wet on them as on a flume, and so you wouldnt have as much problems with weather. But like the original poster said, we have them here at Chessington etc! But then Chessington closes down over the winter- doesn't it? Where as DLP stays open.

The studios will be much better with ToT, but I'd love to see a ride like the Buzz Lightyear ride (is that the right one, with the shooting?! Like MIB at Universal) that would be fun, and undercover!

They say a picture's worth a thousand words ;)

f25e3fd3.jpg

But if having a whole park is too greedy :p I will settle for:

f25e3ff5.jpg

Hi All,

I'm going to be greedy and ask for three, one for each area of the resort:-

1. Splash Mountain in the Disneyland Park
2. Fantasmic in the Studios Park
3. Illuminations in Lake Disney

Cheers

Splash Mountain would be a FANTASTIC addition to DLP, definitely! I don't think the weather would be a problem at all. People go on the Log Flume and River Rapids at Alton Towers in the pouring rain, don't they?! Or maybe that's just me. :p

It'd be lovely to have Fantasmic, too, but I don't really know where they would find the space to put it.

Come to think of it, I don't know where they would put Splash Mountain, either! I suppose they'll just have to expand the park to fit it in - what a shame! :teeth:

Well for me it has to be Splash Mountain - if it poured it down I'd still go on, that's what those lovely yellow ponchos are for!!

I also wish they would put on Fantillusion and fireworks all year round (or at least more often than they're on currently).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter