"What's the Catch - Do I Not Get Bacon?" - 11/27 - TR started!

So glad you and the furbaby are doing better! My oldest miniature schnauzer dislocated his knee a few years ago and it was horrible. He literally was dragging himself around :( Luckily, we took him to the vet that day, had an x-ray done, she relocated his knee and he was fine. We had to keep him calm for 4 weeks and he now has to take glucosamine twice a day. But I will take it at almost 14 years old!

Yay for AKL!!!! We stayed at Kidani and loved it. There is so much to photograph at those two resorts!!!!!!

Only downside?

I miss MEK by less than a week! :sad2:

AWWWWWWWW! :sad: That definitely is the only downside. I told you I thought your dates were perfect and I event told you that I considered dates that had a F&W and Christmas overlap, but Denny was insistent we be there for his birthday.

So - I think your dates are perfect! So close though. sigh.

Crikey that is such good news all round :cool1: :cheer2:

Except for not being there at the same time as MEK of course - that's a shame, but that just means a good reason to try harder for another trip right? ;)

Glad everyone's ok :) Those dates sound perfect. It has my two favourite things, food and christmas.

So glad you and the furbaby are doing better! My oldest miniature schnauzer dislocated his knee a few years ago and it was horrible. He literally was dragging himself around :( Luckily, we took him to the vet that day, had an x-ray done, she relocated his knee and he was fine. We had to keep him calm for 4 weeks and he now has to take glucosamine twice a day. But I will take it at almost 14 years old!

Yay for AKL!!!! We stayed at Kidani and loved it. There is so much to photograph at those two resorts!!!!!!
Thank you! Wow, 14 years old is a good achievement for a dog! Poor baby, must have been awful with his knee, but sounds like it was fixed up good. We had to give our old dog glucosamine too. It helped so much.
I can't wait to get my camera going at AKL!!

AWWWWWWWW! :sad: That definitely is the only downside. I told you I thought your dates were perfect and I event told you that I considered dates that had a F&W and Christmas overlap, but Denny was insistent we be there for his birthday.

So - I think your dates are perfect! So close though. sigh.
I can't believe how close we are. Johnny even suggested we go a few days earlier and just stay a little longer! Tell Denny to move his birthday!:rotfl: I'll meet you in the middle somewhere!

I almost forgot - so glad Sheeka is doing better! :thumbsup2
Thanks! :goodvibes I think she's improving a little more each day.

Crikey that is such good news all round :cool1: :cheer2:

Except for not being there at the same time as MEK of course - that's a shame, but that just means a good reason to try harder for another trip right? ;)
Wow, an authentic "crikey"! I'm way too excited by that. I say crikey all the time but I feel a little phoney. Is that weird? :lmao:
Yes, we have some good news indeed, but too bad about missing MEK. Good thinking on another trip though, that's a plan! :thumbsup2

Glad everyone's ok :) Those dates sound perfect. It has my two favourite things, food and christmas.
Thanks! :goodvibes
Mmmm amen to that! haha

All caught up! You have a wonderful fur-family, and I'm so glad to read that Sheeka is doing much better. It is so hard when your animals are sick or hurt.

AKL is fantastic, you are really going to love it! I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it (my favourite resort of all time is the GF, which is a little different lol) but I really loved my stay there.

Your dates sound perfect as well, I love that you can overlap F&W and Christmas. There is nothing more magical than WDW at Christmas!

Glad to hear that Sheeka is doing much better! :goodvibes You are one tough cookie with no bruising or anything from the horse encounter. :thumbsup2

I like your logic of the Sat-Sat trip - I absolutely need a day to transition from "I don't wanna work, I just want to play all day" Brenda to "I better get my butt back to work so I can pay for another trip" Brenda! It's always a sad day! :sad1:

You are going at the absolute best time of the year.. let's see...
1. No record heat
2. F&W - GAWD I want to go during that time one year!!
3. Holiday overlay - so beautiful!
4. Heck, is there a "bad" time of the year? I think not! ;)

Whew for airmiles! Glad that worked out and I love the Wendy and the boys image!

Yay to me for getting caught up!!!! (I don't know how I missed yours...I looked at my list today and wondered why I wasn't caught up...)

Anywhoo!!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED AKL this past January!!! A word of advice...if you are staying in Kidani...do everything in your power to get a room close to the lobby. It is an UNBELIEVABLY LONG walk if you are in the very last room at the end of the hall...like we were. :faint::faint: My friend just went two weeks ago...and she was in the second to last room. She insists I jinxed her! :lmao::confused3:lmao:

Glad to hear that your puppy is doing better. My cat gets a "limp" that my DBF says is fake just to get my attention...but I am convinced he is affected by the temperature changes or something. Hope Sheeka continues to feel better!!

Missing MEK by a week! :headache: I know the feeling!!! I may miss her by ONE DAY this upcoming trip...NOOOO!!!

So glad Sheeka is doing better, as well as your arm!

The beginning of November is a great time, it's on our list! I would love to be able to do MNSSHP, MVMCP, F&W and see the start of the holiday festivities!

All caught up! You have a wonderful fur-family, and I'm so glad to read that Sheeka is doing much better. It is so hard when your animals are sick or hurt.
Yay for being caught up! And yes, it's very hard, especially since they can't tell you exactly how bad it is. I'm glad to say she's still doing better and better!

AKL is fantastic, you are really going to love it! I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it (my favourite resort of all time is the GF, which is a little different lol) but I really loved my stay there.
I'm glad to hear that, I'm very excited for it!

Your dates sound perfect as well, I love that you can overlap F&W and Christmas. There is nothing more magical than WDW at Christmas!
Agreed! :thumbsup2

glad to hear your pup is doing much better :) :thumbsup2
Thanks, me too!

Glad to hear that Sheeka is doing much better! :goodvibes You are one tough cookie with no bruising or anything from the horse encounter. :thumbsup2
Hi Brenda! Thanks! :goodvibes Sheeka is doing even a little better today. Thank heavens! And I don't know how tough I am but apparently at least my skin is! :lmao:

I like your logic of the Sat-Sat trip - I absolutely need a day to transition from "I don't wanna work, I just want to play all day" Brenda to "I better get my butt back to work so I can pay for another trip" Brenda! It's always a sad day! :sad1:
Hahaha yes, that's the best way to put it! It's a recovery day in so many ways.

You are going at the absolute best time of the year.. let's see...
1. No record heat
2. F&W - GAWD I want to go during that time one year!!
3. Holiday overlay - so beautiful!
4. Heck, is there a "bad" time of the year? I think not! ;)
Very true, no bad times in Disney. But... I may be biased but I also think this might just be the "best" time!

Whew for airmiles! Glad that worked out and I love the Wendy and the boys image!
Me too, we're watching for more deals and hopefully we won't have to pay for either flight!
I love Peter Pan and of course, I love Wendy! I feel so bad for her because Tink gets all the attention. :lmao: I'm Wendy, my hubby is John... I've always said if we had a son we need to name him Michael.

Yay to me for getting caught up!!!! (I don't know how I missed yours...I looked at my list today and wondered why I wasn't caught up...)
YAY for catching up! :thumbsup2

Anywhoo!!

We LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED AKL this past January!!! A word of advice...if you are staying in Kidani...do everything in your power to get a room close to the lobby. It is an UNBELIEVABLY LONG walk if you are in the very last room at the end of the hall...like we were. :faint::faint: My friend just went two weeks ago...and she was in the second to last room. She insists I jinxed her! :lmao::confused3:lmao:
So happy to hear all the rave reviews! We're staying in Jambo house, but I still know nothing about the layout. We've got a pool view though!

Glad to hear that your puppy is doing better. My cat gets a "limp" that my DBF says is fake just to get my attention...but I am convinced he is affected by the temperature changes or something. Hope Sheeka continues to feel better!!
I wonder if your cat is affected by the weather like arthritis can be? Hmm... interesting. My pony will fake a limp to get out of exercise. True story!

Missing MEK by a week! :headache: I know the feeling!!! I may miss her by ONE DAY this upcoming trip...NOOOO!!!
Oh man! That's even worse! It's too bad when you miss Dis'ers, I love meeting us. :rotfl:

So glad Sheeka is doing better, as well as your arm!

The beginning of November is a great time, it's on our list! I would love to be able to do MNSSHP, MVMCP, F&W and see the start of the holiday festivities!
Thank you!
I absolutely loved early November in 2010. It was a great time to go! Can't beat the weather, and those Christmas decorations are just to die for!

Happy to hear about Sheeka! pixiedust:

Your dates sound perfect. The chance to enjoy Food and Wine AND the holiday festivities. It's the best of both worlds. (And of course add to that you're staying at AKL and this is looking like one fantastic trip!:goodvibes)

Just found your PTR and decided to join in. I love your fur babies!

Your plans sound wonderful so far! I've visited AKL and it is beautiful. I usually end up at a value myself because I love being in the parks so much, I'm never at the resort. Plus I don't like to swim so the pools don't matter. I just can't justify the extra money for a moderate or deluxe when I'm never at the resort. But if I ever stayed at a deluxe it would be AKL or maybe WL.

Happy to hear about Sheeka! pixiedust:

Your dates sound perfect. The chance to enjoy Food and Wine AND the holiday festivities. It's the best of both worlds. (And of course add to that you're staying at AKL and this is looking like one fantastic trip!:goodvibes)
Thanks!
Honestly, so many factors are making this the most exciting trip planning yet.

Just found your PTR and decided to join in. I love your fur babies!

Your plans sound wonderful so far! I've visited AKL and it is beautiful. I usually end up at a value myself because I love being in the parks so much, I'm never at the resort. Plus I don't like to swim so the pools don't matter. I just can't justify the extra money for a moderate or deluxe when I'm never at the resort. But if I ever stayed at a deluxe it would be AKL or maybe WL.
:welcome: Thanks for coming!
I've always been a value lover and it's really different for me to justify the money, but DH really wanted to and we decided to take this trip a little slower. It's our 5th one together and we're going to try to enjoy the resort

"The ADR Anxiety Issues"

You might know this, but I'm a little sensitive.

"Oh is that all?"
tumblr_lin0os2Ox41qi4ajvo1_400.gif

Ok I'm a raging anxiety headcase.

"There you go!"
tumblr_m5t2k2eNFg1qbaj4uo1_500.gif

It doesn't take much to make my stomach do those terrified flips. A jury duty summons (May 21, pray for me.) A minor run-in with my fellow bridesmaids (just because I'm the MOH, everything is NOT up to me!) The phone ringing (who could be calling ME? I bet it's the police. Terrible news.)

Nothing, not even worrying about the next customer to walk through my store, makes my stomach flip like the thought of not getting the ADRs I want.

tumblr_m4h2v04u0R1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

In previous years for previous trips I would make charts, lists and plans, set alarms, make backup plans and browse the Dis. These actions, the rituals of pre-180 day Disers would soothe me and comfort me and almost always I would get what I wanted, or very close to it.

tumblr_inline_mk2ztkXxMe1qz4rgp.gif

This year?

The ritual is not working.

Why?

Three words:

UQu6SAz.gif

Be Our Guest

Be-Our-Guest-Restaurant-at-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

I simply must eat here.

Beauty and the beast was always my favourite Disney movie. Belle -- by far my favourite princess! Let's face it:

Brown Hair:
Check!
253898_10150197442107989_6277473_n.jpg
Belle-Wallpaper-beauty-and-the-beast-6475334-1024-768.jpg

Love of horses:
Check!
3754_81869332988_5451066_n.jpg
Belle_and_Phillipe.jpg

In love with a Beast:
Check!
644529_10151114794717989_84933935_n.jpg
3-wallpapers-beauty-beast1.jpg

KIDDING!

But seriously, this restaurant is at the tippy top of my ADR wish list. Not just eating here - I plan to eat lunch here a few times - only a dinner reservation will do. I've been checking the system every morning, just to see and I know the dinner ADRs for this place are going like hot cakes!

tumblr_me7xtymyeO1rncdgao1_500.gif

On Monday morning I will rise before the sun and prep my computer, my fingers, my lists and try my best to get this reservation. If I fail?

tumblr_lxvifcahbG1qmnblv.gif

Other than BOG our ADR wish list is fairly easy. We are trying a few new places but nothing especially fancy or extravagant. Here, in no particular order, is our list:

Boma (Breakfast) - AKL
Boma (Dinner) - AKL
Kona (Breakfast) - Poly
T-Rex (Dinner) - DTD
Sci-Fi Dine In (Dinner)- DHS
Via Napoli (Dinner) - Epcot
Be Our Guest (Dinner) - MK

As you can see, no Le Cellier, no 8am Crystal Palace, nothing else that requires the mad rush.

tumblr_lz5kz68iWo1qm6oc3o1_500.gif

One table service for each night of our stay. We have the regular dining plan. Now depending on our flights we might add a second Boma breakfast on our departure day and pay for Kona oop. We'll see.

tumblr_m231a5RxM61qelujk.gif

We haven't nailed down our counter service yet, and there are stories behind each ADR that I will share in time, but for now wish me luck with these ADRs! Looks like some good eats!

tumblr_lsq0kmOdGC1qgvur0o1_500.gif

Oh that crazy BOG!!!!!
My sister and I both called at 180 days out to try to book something for our trip and when we called it was COMPLETELY booked!!!! It didn't make sense!
We called regarding every day of our trip at 180 days to try to get something and NOTHING! Insane!
We even tried (based on DIS suggestions) to change the size of our party (we are 5 and were told if you try to book odd numbers its hard) but nope that didnt work either!:confused3

"The ADR Anxiety Issues"

Boma (Breakfast) - AKL - We would love to try this one as well!
Boma (Dinner) - AKL
Kona (Breakfast) - Poly
T-Rex (Dinner) - DTD - We've eaten here before. It was okay. The food wasn't spectacular, but the environment was great. I'm pretty sure this one wasn't on the dining plan or it was 2 credits or something, so we don't do it often.
Be Our Guest (Dinner) - MK - We ate lunch here in December and it was amazing. I had tears in my eyes because it was so beautiful in there. The food was pretty good, but nothing compared to the atmosphere. My mom just went again last week and said that she was really disappointed by the food and service that time, which I was not happy to hear

As a fellow Anxiety Head Case, I feel for you :scared: I really hope that you get your BOG ADR!!

So, I rebooked my trip at 130 days.... That gave people 50-60 days lead on me... I scored BOG for a 5pm ADR the other day. Caught me completely off guard bc I thought for sure it wasn't going to happen..... I happened to be trying to tweak my CRT ADR and stumbled upon it.... There is hope....

:goodvibes

"The ADR Anxiety Issues"

Other than BOG our ADR wish list is fairly easy. We are trying a few new places but nothing especially fancy or extravagant. Here, in no particular order, is our list:

Boma (Breakfast) - AKL
Boma (Dinner) - AKL
Kona (Breakfast) - Poly
T-Rex (Dinner) - DTD
Be Our Guest (Dinner) - MK

As you can see, no Le Cellier, no 8am Crystal Palace, nothing else that requires the mad rush.

One table service for each night of our stay. We have the regular dining plan. Now depending on our flights we might add a second Boma breakfast on our departure day and pay for Kona oop. We'll see.

Boma for breakfast is fantastic. I don't recommend the asparagus for breakfast though. Let's just say it stayed with me...

Sci-Fi is one of my favorite places to eat at the world!

Kona's fantastic for breakfast as well. If you have to pay OOP for it, it's not a bad one to pay for.

And I totally feel you about the ADR anxiety. I stalked Le Cellier like a madwoman for my last trip.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter