"What's the Catch - Do I Not Get Bacon?" - 11/27 - TR started!

I think I'll jump in and tag along! I love your Intro, and your furkids are awesome. :goodvibes

Yay for AKL! You simply can't beat the theming and of course the animals. :banana: It is such an awesome resort. I'm glad that is working out.

Now you have BW to look forward to as well. Sounds like a win-win! :)

That's wonderful news. :cool1: Seriously, you are going to love it there because out of all of the resorts it really is the one that is most unique. It just has a whole vibe and feel that is not replicated in any of the other resorts. The music is great. The pool is great - both pools if you count Kidani....and the animals. 24/7 animals. I love it there. I am so happy for you. Oh - and it looks especially beautiful at Christmas time.

You will love AKL!!! I loved it so much I bought DVC there. :)

Jill in CO

OMG!!! Thats awesome :-)
:cheer2: I'm so excited! Hahaha

I think I'll jump in and tag along! I love your Intro, and your furkids are awesome. :goodvibes
:welcome: thanks for coming!

Yay for AKL! You simply can't beat the theming and of course the animals. :banana: It is such an awesome resort. I'm glad that is working out.

Now you have BW to look forward to as well. Sounds like a win-win! :)
Absolutely a win-win, DH felt bad thinking I was settling. For AKL! No way! I've been dreaming of that place forever! Hehehe

That's wonderful news. :cool1: Seriously, you are going to love it there because out of all of the resorts it really is the one that is most unique. It just has a whole vibe and feel that is not replicated in any of the other resorts. The music is great. The pool is great - both pools if you count Kidani....and the animals. 24/7 animals. I love it there. I am so happy for you. Oh - and it looks especially beautiful at Christmas time.
I'm so excited for this trip, mostly for the resort. Even just going to breakfast there gets me so excited, I'm trying to imagine staying there! Eeeeeeeeee!

You will love AKL!!! I loved it so much I bought DVC there. :)

Jill in CO
Oh man, I could definitely see DH and I doing that too some day!!

Tiny little life update this morning.

Remember Sheeka?

150471_10151377513227989_2101035143_n.jpg

Some of you might remember last year my dog, Sheeka hurt her knee. Essentially she tore her ACL. She had to have surgery to have it repaired and she limped around on three legs for a good 5-6 weeks. Luckily after that she bounced back and has had not a lick of trouble with that knee ever since!

(Last year, with her cast on)
521876_10150643817572989_2075692952_n.jpg

The trouble is with the other knee.

Yesterday she hurt the other knee. Looks like the same thing happened. She's holding it up and putting almost no weight on it. It doesn't look as bad this time though. Last year she would put absolutely no weight at all on that foot, this time she's actually trying to use it a little (I'm trying not to let her!)

(Here's Holly being a great little sister and watching over Sheeka, who looks miserable. :sad1: )
935512_10151437488867989_1687625879_n.jpg

We're going to watch her closely and she might be taking a trip to the vet on Monday. If she needs surgery again... well let's just say I thought we were going to have to back out of Animal Kingdom Lodge and stay somewhere a whole lot cheaper. Johnny however refuses to give up AKL and said simply, "We'll manage."

So if you could send along a little prayer, vibe or good thought I would be most grateful. This poor dog has been through more medical problems than any other three dogs put together.

Awe poor pup! I hope everything works out and she doesn't need surgery. :( I hate seeing anything in pain! I hope you can still stay at AKL with all that is going on. I also want to say I love all the pictures, they really crack me up :)

I hope everything is all right with Sheeka's knee. I remember when she was hurt the last time and felt bad for her. I never like to see a pet in pain. :sad2:

AKL....that's fantastic!!!!! :cheer2: I can understand 100% what you mean about the resort runaround, though. Alex and I just spent yesterday morning comparing resorts and prices and we still don't know where we wanna stay. Ironically enough, we were debating the same options as you....Preferred Pop room, a moderate resort, or AKL. :rotfl: Maybe we'll follow your lead and just pick AKL as well.
It's exciting that you two are getting to stay at your dream resort, though. Will make this upcoming trip even better. And preparing for the Boardwalk in 2015 is a great plan...

Sending prayers your way :) I hope she's ok!

Awe poor pup! I hope everything works out and she doesn't need surgery. :( I hate seeing anything in pain! I hope you can still stay at AKL with all that is going on. I also want to say I love all the pictures, they really crack me up :)

I hope everything is all right with Sheeka's knee. I remember when she was hurt the last time and felt bad for her. I never like to see a pet in pain. :sad2:

AKL....that's fantastic!!!!! :cheer2: I can understand 100% what you mean about the resort runaround, though. Alex and I just spent yesterday morning comparing resorts and prices and we still don't know where we wanna stay. Ironically enough, we were debating the same options as you....Preferred Pop room, a moderate resort, or AKL. :rotfl: Maybe we'll follow your lead and just pick AKL as well.
It's exciting that you two are getting to stay at your dream resort, though. Will make this upcoming trip even better. And preparing for the Boardwalk in 2015 is a great plan...
The resort runaround can be fun, but sometimes it can be a real pain too! :rotfl: I highly recommend the AKL route. It made me even more excited than ever! :thumbsup2

Thank you all for your concern and well wishes for Sheeka. She appears to be in good spirits today (though still not using the leg.)

As if I wasn't having a wonderful weekend already, my horse Dale, the bigger and stronger of the two, kicked me in my right forearm this afternoon. I can barely use my right hand. And it's a gorgeous, warm, sunny weekend and I had a thousand and one things to do. Oh man. :sad2:

Oh No - poor Sheeka! I saw you posted something on FB. I hope she is OK and doesn't need surgery. I know how expensive animal expenses can be. I will prayer she recovers quickly without another major surgery. Poor baby.

Oh No - poor Sheeka! I saw you posted something on FB. I hope she is OK and doesn't need surgery. I know how expensive animal expenses can be. I will prayer she recovers quickly without another major surgery. Poor baby.

Thanks for the prayers Mary Ellen, I'm thankful for them! I'll keep everyone posted. Poor baby is sleeping now, I think the pain is making her sleepy.

Ohhh your poor baby, I'm sorry. I hope all works out fine for her. And now your arm! Yikes! Someone needs to bubble wrap you quick so nothing else happens! ;) Hoping all goes well the rest of your weekend!

Oh dear - poor puppy dog - hope she is okay - sending positive thoughts pixiedust:

hope you are okay too after your run in with your horse

Ohhh your poor baby, I'm sorry. I hope all works out fine for her. And now your arm! Yikes! Someone needs to bubble wrap you quick so nothing else happens! ;) Hoping all goes well the rest of your weekend!
Omg, bubble wrap might be just what I need!
Thanks for the well wishes. :goodvibes

Oh dear - poor puppy dog - hope she is okay - sending positive thoughts pixiedust:

hope you are okay too after your run in with your horse
Thanks for the thoughts, I appreciate it!
I'm feeling 100% better this morning, not even a bruise!

We'll be sending good vibes your way tomorrow for Sheeka's vet appointment. I hope she won't be needing surgery. Keep us posted!

jumping on board! Linked to your PTR from another PTR haha
Love all your animals!!
You really do have to get into Boardwalk, that's my sisters "home" spot for her DVC and it is gorgeous! Loved it.
My sister and DD's and I went last Nov and the decorations were incredible! That castle all lite up is ammmmaaazzziiinnnggg!!!
:)
You make me want to do a PTR but I already failed at doing one last year haha I feel after the few "big" posts I run out of stuff to talk about :) ;)

We'll be sending good vibes your way tomorrow for Sheeka's vet appointment. I hope she won't be needing surgery. Keep us posted!
Thanks! She didn't have an appointment yet, we thought we were going to have to make one today but she's loads better already! It's all the good vibes from you guys! pixiedust:

jumping on board! Linked to your PTR from another PTR haha
Love all your animals!!
You really do have to get into Boardwalk, that's my sisters "home" spot for her DVC and it is gorgeous! Loved it.
My sister and DD's and I went last Nov and the decorations were incredible! That castle all lite up is ammmmaaazzziiinnnggg!!!
:)
You make me want to do a PTR but I already failed at doing one last year haha I feel after the few "big" posts I run out of stuff to talk about :) ;)
:welcome: Thanks for coming!
I can't wait for the Boardwalk, it's definitely something to look forward to in two years' time!
You should do a PTR! I find there's always something to chat about :thumbsup2

Oh dear. :( I am sending healing thoughts to Sheeka!
Thank you so much!

Can I say a (maybe slightly premature) THANK YOU to everyone for all your well wishes, prayers and vibes???? :grouphug:

I LOVE YOU ALL!

tumblr_m4vmbd9wO41qj3ir1.gif

I worried about Sheeka all weekend, debating whether or not to take her to the vet. My mother's advice was to watch her close for a few days so we did.

Today she met us at the door after work on all four feet!! She's still not putting all (or almost any) weight on the bad leg, but she's so much better than yesterday I could hardly believe it!

tumblr_m3ju6wpwfK1qb9xkb.gif

Last year when her other knee blew she didn't touch the ground with that foot at all for about 8 weeks (and that was after the surgery!) and even then, before the surgery the vet told us then that they can definitely heal themselves and that the surgery was our choice. My co-worker's dog hurt his knee last year, same thing, and after about three weeks it started to heal itself. We're going to keep watching her and see if she gets better. So far, soooo good!

Also as for my arm getting a kick courtesy of Dale the idiot horse, I woke up the next morning no bruise, no swelling, no pain whatsoever! It's like it never happened.

Oh it's a sunshiney day and I am in a GOOD MOOD! :sunny:

tumblr_lm73tzQVs01qii6tmo1_500.gif

I say we get to some more plans.

So? When are we going?

We knew we wanted to go in November. We had to get back to see the Christmas lights again. We saw them last in 2010 on our honeymoon. Magic.

tumblr_md4tkxWSLA1ruy84qo1_500.gif

We thought it would be a fun bonus if we could do Food & Wine also. Looking up dates, it looked like Food & Wine would be over on November 11, and if you go by past years, the Osbourne lights and the MVMCP would start around November 8. (Now that the party tickets are on sale, it looks like we were right! Yay!) Cool! An overlap! So we were looking at flights. Remember those depleted Airmiles? That would mean paying for flights which, believe me, is not a pretty sight out of Cape Breton. We discovered a sort of cheap flight on Wednesday the 6th, a little earlier than we wanted but it was the cheapest day to fly. Hmmm...

Since using up all our Airmiles in January, we have managed to save 2470! That's awesome! Flight to Florida? 2006 per person.

So now we have enough for one flight and we're on our way with 470/2000 toward the second. At this point, if we have to buy the rest of the miles, it's cheaper than paying for a flight so guess what?

We're flying with Airmiles! What does that mean for us? It means that it doesn't matter which day we fly on. It also means we get to fly out of Sydney instead of driving to Halifax! Woohoo!

We can fly! We can fly! We can fly!
tumblr_m4kua11Mtl1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

We have settled on a date: Sat. November 9 - 16. This is good in so many ways.

- Saturday to Saturday means less days of work missed.
- Also means that when we get home, we have Sunday to recoup before going back to work!
- Gets us the Food and Wine AND the Christmas celebrations!

Only downside?

I miss MEK by less than a week! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter