What's a good stroller for WDW?

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
First grandchild is on the way. I live 5 hours away and travel to WDW about 5 times a year so I will be transporting this in my car. My daughter and grandchild will be flying down about once a year or so to meet up with me to vacation in WDW. She will have the typical umbrella stroller for the plane, but I want to buy a good one to meet her at WDW with. So basically, this stroller will be for an infant up through about 4 years old.... Obviously, I don't want to buy something super expensive, but I AM going to start looking on Facebook marketplace, etc., to buy a used one. That's why I am looking for a good brand that hopefully I can find at a discount.

So what names/brands should I be looking for? Any info would be great.

P.S. I am not looking to purchase through here. Just need an education on stroller types.

THanks so much!!!

If you can find a decent city mini, those are good for the lifespan of a kid. Just know if you're buying used on Facebook marketplace it might not last as long.

Basically you want something that has a lay flat recline for infants who can't sit up yet, something with a decent shade, adjustable handlebars. Rubber tires are better than plastic wheels. ONE HANDED FOLD!

Some good ones to look for are as I mentioned the city mini, Britax B-Free.

My oldest is almost 6 and we're still using her old stroller for her almost 2 year old sister. I literally have not looked at new strollers in 6 years 😂

We took our DGD for the first time in May, and we used a Chicco Bravo. It was perfect. She was very comfy, and to agree with previous post.. one handed fold!!!! Cannot emphasize that enough. When my DD and DSIL were stroller shopping, they always said whatever they bought had to pass the "Disney Bus Test". :)

Skip the umbrella strollers, they are junk. The best are the jogging types, where the wheels spin all way around. Those are so much easier to push and maneuver with one hand.

City Mini. Disney is a lot of walking for little legs. Our 6 year old (who is super active and never uses a stroller and prefers to run or walk all day long at home) still needed breaks in the stroller in January, especially on Epcot days. The City Mini holds them up to 50 or 55 lbs, I forget which.

Zoe is an awesome stroller brand... super lightweight, but still has tons of features. We've used their double version in the parks/traveling for the last few years. City Mini is a great stroller too, but heavier. Jogging strollers are amazing and going to be the easiest to push, but are heavy for folding/unfolding. Are you going to use Disney transportation when visiting? Not sure when you need the stroller by, but I always found good deals on strollers around Black Friday if you can't find what you are looking for used.

We took a fancy maclaren umbrella stroller once and hated it. Our city mini single and double were AMAZING. Full decline, huge sun shade, best fold on the market, and very easy to push. The Bob Revolution was big and hard to navigate on the bus but necessary once our kids hit 6-7. The older one could even sit on the front if needed to transport both.

I have owned 9 strollers (NYC mom) and the city mini was by far my favorite. I put more than a thousand miles on it.

Another vote for the City Mini if you can swing it. Best stroller we have ever had and we rent only that one when we are at the parks.

We bought the Graco NimbleLite stroller for the parks and love it. I actually keep that stroller in my car because it’s light and much easier to get in/out of my car compared to our Chicco Bravo (I kind of hate it 🤣). The graco has a nice sized canopy which is necessary in Florida and a big storage compartment underneath. My biggest complaint is there is no tray, just a cup holder. But we’ve made do. I like that it’s a very reasonably priced stroller.

ETA: I just realized you want one for an infant so the graco wouldn’t work for that

Last edited:
We had good luck with our Bob Stroller. Big shade, storage underneath. A little cumbersome on the bus systems, but overall worked really well for us.

For a fraction of the price ($100 new on Amazon)I would recommend a summer infant 3dlite. We have taken it on 2 trips so far when DD was 10 months old and when she was just two months shy of turning 3, and we have another trip planned when she'll be 3 and a half in November. It's been gate checked on 4 flights, spent 2 weeks in the parks already, plus some more local outings, and it's going strong. The recline is more than sufficient for what we need, the storage is good without being overkill, and the canopy is nice. DW actually spent a lot of time looking for a travel stroller because she is 5'5" and I am 6'3" and this one was specifically listed as being more comfortable for someone my height so that I didn't have to hunch over to steer it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter