What would you change about DVC if you could?

jdkdorn

Disneyholic and SSR/BCV DVC Member
Found this thread on another forum and thought it would be interesting to get new and inovative changes.

I am not starting this to be a whine thread, just something fun.
:jester:

My ideas:

With all the technology Disney has I would love them to computerize the DVC member page. Let you book on-line and verify your account.

Make it possible to pay your dues online or if you have the loan through Disney,pay extra principal on-line.

Make your membership card your room key. You could check-in online or by phone and verify your room number. If your room is ready you could go stright there with your card. Saves money on room keys(Saves Dues)

I'd give DVC members the same break on annual passes that florida residents get. Not for "entitlement mentality" but because I think it would make Disney more money by getting members into the parks more.

I'd also take a look at the "points cost" of staying at Disney hotels. I think there is potential for Disney to make more money with a lower "per night cost" due to higher turnover. It would also benefit members by giving the chance of staying at non DVC hotels for a change and would help any bottle necks of high usage on DVC resorts aiding more members get the dates they want.

I feel both of the above are "win win " situations for the membership and for Disney. I feel the themepark tickets is certainly worth a "one year trial" to see if it does increase revenue.

Suggestions

1) Get Cruise line points up at the same time as Resorts - to date the 2004 points are NOT up for DCL.

2) Annual passes for members to the parks or at least a substantial discount.

3) A way to keep track of points on line through DVC - a site where you can plug in your membership number and get ALL the information about your account/membership - and keep track of point status.

Rae

All good suggestions so far.

I would love to be able to access point/reservation online.

I also hope that at some point Disney does a DVC annual pass with the same type of breaks Florida Residents get. Like Vernon said not because we are entitled, but because it makes sense.

I'd give DVC members the same break on annual passes that florida residents get. Not for "entitlement mentality" but because I think it would make Disney more money by getting members into the parks more

That would be a definite incentive for me to pony up that airfare and travel to WDW more often.

I would make housekeeping service standard.

If you don't want daily housekeeping, you can request not to pay for it.

Dues would go up, but that's okay with me.

I would also like to see packages available for us. If we want a food package (i.e., the silver package add on), we could purchase just that alone.

After a few trips with 4 people at the AS resorts.....
I would make the total number of people for a 1 bedroom 5 - at the resorts they could replace the chair with an oversized chair that pulls out to a twin sleeper - It seems strange to me that a 1bdrm allows the same as most standard rooms in WDW.

I also would love to see online ressies and be able to make changes in your ressie without calling MS.

A substantal discount on AP and PAP would be nice.

But all and all I love DVC!!!

:D

I would like DVC to clarify their stance on occupancy. It is my understanding that DVC can recommend the number of occupants to a room, but that they cannot restrict the number because they do not own the property, we do. I could be wrong, but the person who told me this is a condo owner and they said the same rules apply to condos as timeshares. I would like DVC to just tell us what the laws say they can or cannot do, so the debates over this subject would just end.

D. B. Kelly

Originally posted by Melrosgirl
I would make housekeeping service standard.

This would result in a huge increase in dues because we pay for housekeeping costs through dues, not Disney. How many members would want to pay higher dues for this? I wouldn't.

I would make the total number of people for a 1 bedroom 5 ...<snip>.... It seems strange to me that a 1bdrm allows the same as most standard rooms in WDW.
Well said, I agree.

I would also like to see better point trading ratios for outside trades and cruises. I would not like to see housekeeping as standard.

These are great ideas. I too would love to access info. specific to my account and points. It would definately free-upMS phone lines as I am sure many people call to "check" there points prior to making a ressie.

I have often wished for a PH or AP discount.

As far as mousekeeping being "standard", by that do you mean having housekeeping come in daily? If so, that is not something I want or miss. I would like the standards of housekeeping btween guests to be improved upon (there is another post in this line re:" surpise at check in " if you need the bacground).

Right now, my famiy of 5 fits very nicely in a 1br. (Shh!-don't tell) My kids are young and small. We fit in a DCL cabin half the size of a 1BR.

I, for one, would NOT want daily mousekeeping. To me, that's one of the perks of DVC-not having housekeeping come in every day. I remember a thread where a lot of other people agreed with me. And I'm so surprised to hear myself say that I like this! Before we bought DVC, giving up daily housekeeping was one major sticking point in our mind that we finally decided to "put up with" in order to get what we saw as the benefits of buying DVC. Never expected that this one "flaw" would turn out to be a plus!

I don't want daily mousekeeping and it has nothing to do with money. Part of the home away from home is just that - we can use it like home. That means if we want to leave the notebook out on a table or a paper left open so I can go back and finish it later so be it. I don't want someone coming in my room every day. To me that is one of the great plusses of DVC.

I REALLY would like them to upgrade the website to be more user friendly with all the options mentioned here:

*Capability of checking points status online
*Booking on-line
*Entering room requests

I think your member card as your key wouldn't work for families as at least in my family only DH and I have member cards.

I would appreciate a DVC AP program. Being from MN, the airfare usually is what keeps us from travelling to Florida more often than we do. But if I could get an AP at a member rate, I would definitely be coming more often than I do as tickets are the other thing that eats into my budget.

I'd like to see them offer some type of incentive for booking a stay of 7 consecutive nights or longer.

If they offered something like maybe a 5% reduction in points, it might keep people from feeling the need to move out on weekends, and would keep those rooms filled with members instead of renters! <G>

(And yes, I know that this won't happen, so there is no need to tell me all the reasons DVC can't do it.)

I wouldn't want daily housekeeping either.

I would like to see trash and towel and full cleans become optional. My family doesn't really need either.

I would also like to see some type of discounted park tickets for DVC members -- but I suspect that won't happen.:(

I would definitely like to see some sort of AP discount for members.

I would also like to see a a couple of warnings. The first regarding how membership causes increased daydreaming about upcoming trips to WDW and endless hours spent planning, and re-planning, vacations.

And the second should be a warning regarding the first trip home and the immediate urge to purchase more points.

I'm also for more discounted ticket options.

But oddly enough, the one thing I'd like to see most is free (or at least for a fee) high-speed internet access in the rooms. I know it's vacation, but some people *can't* take non-working vacations - for those people, even a couple of hours of high-speed access in the evenings to get things done would be great (far better than dial-up). After spending a week trying to find a cheap dial-up provider as we have broadband at home without any sort of dial-up options, hotels and resorts with broadband service to the rooms are looking like a great luxury to me!

Mur!

Hello - I also would like to see a website that would allow us to access our account information, check availability, and make reservations.

I like the internet connection idea too...I am surprised the BCV do not have it.

Most of all, I would like DVC to ask members for their feedback and ideas to help with planning future changes and initiatives. After all, we want the same thing...a great DVC resort experience.

Maybe I'll print this thread and send it in!
Sandie B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter