What would you change about DVC if you could?

I would like to see DVC require group counseling for those of us who have added on points twice within a 12-month period.

(and can-can girls in the living room wouldn't be bad either)

I know from previous threads that not everyone here will agree with this, but...

I would like to see DVC completely dismiss the idea of assigning rooms according to arrival, as opposed to booking date.

I know that many do not place importance on room requests, but I truly think that someone who books at 11 months should have a greater chance of getting their requests than someone who books at 4 weeks out, but happens to check-in at 9:30 in the morning...

Last time I made a reservation, MS told me that they <i>had</i> changed the system back, again... I hope so...

I would like access to the concierge lounge if the resort offered one. I would be willing to pay a modest fee for this priviledge. We had concierge service at DLH and it was great.Note: I would not want this to affect dues in anyway and it shouldn't with a fee-based system.

I would also like to see VWL get a "Roaring Forks" type food area. It is a long walk to any food service, especially if your located at the dumpster end.

And count me in for Fl res AP price.

Ditto on the computerized reservation process! If you did this, you could add factors such as smoking, handicap accessible, etc.... You could even add a map that would allow you to pick your specific room number(like seats on an airplane.) These things are difficult to coordinate with human CMs trying to narrow down your options or even a room assigner(which must be one tough job by the way). Sure things may happen, but how often compared to how many satisfied members who can actually pick their own room. If you get there and don't like what you picked, tough. Up the room change fee at this point. This software may be expensive, but compare it to man hours you can save. Why don't the CMs making your reservation have this option? Why have a room assigner at all? Computerize the whole thing. It's like any search you do on the internet or whatever. I'm starting to get worked up over why this hasn't happened already. I'll stop!!

One nice thing to have, that one of my other timeshares have, is your banked points can still be used in the current year. I made a reservation and rolled-over (banked) my remainder points on my deadline. A few weeks later I had to change my reservation which required more points. I told the person I would need to borrow points from next year and was told I didn't need to because my current points were still available. All they do is extend your points for the additional year.

Originally posted by Maistre Gracey
I would like to have can-can girls dancing in the living rooms.

smileybreasts.gif
biggthumpup.gif

I just don't think the idea of being able to reserve a specific room is great. If something did happen to make that particular room unavailable, don't you think there would be a "loud" discussion at check-in? As far as being able to "unbank" points, it is kind of in the semantics, it accomplishes the same thing if you need to borrow after you've banked and really doesn't have a big effect one way or the other.

I would like to see an AP discount, but don't hold your breath ;)
I'd also like to see better discounts at full service restaurants in the parks. Even a standard 10% everywhere would be better than nothing.

These are very good suggestions, I must say...

We just bought into DVC at VWL in November, and will take our first trip home this October.

The one thing I've noticed so far that would be nice to have are discounts on more than just the UPH passes. We use PHP's and even that little 10 percent off would be nice...

And ALL the rooms should have water views where we could watch the fireworks...

And the weather should always be perfect...

Not so sure about the can-can girls, though...

Daisy;)

1. Give us discount park tickets.

2. Have less points for the cruises.

3. Have a club in a ski area.

4. specify a room on the basis of you reservation time and get it.

5. And finally-HAVE MORE POINTS!!!!!

Hi

Does anyone have an email for their vacation guide at DVC? I think the list is full of excellent suggestions and as usual on our DVC discussion site the comments are very even and not at all Disney-bashing. Again, these posts are an excellent reflection of what DVC members are looking for and I honestly believe that DVC would be very interested.

Paul

If this is going to DVC I would like to retract my endorsement for can-can girls in evbery room and replace that request for Mary Poppins and Cinderella prancing in every living room.

Since we're just dreaming here, I'd love for Member Services to have phone lines open for a few hours on Sat. mornings. And because this is just my dream for a perfect world, dues would NOT go up to make it happen.

:p

great suggestions!

- Better ticket discount, for all ticket media currently offered.
- on-line access to our DVC account. Ability to view how points have been used, what's scheduled, what remains.
- on-line access to book reservations
- assign rooms according to when reservation were made. agree, early bird shouldn't always get what they want over those that arrive later in the day.
-In villa's with washer/dryers...have a wall dispensing system that take $$'s to obtain laundry soap and dryer sheets. Could probably reap a few $$'s with this system. Or maybe where the ice/soda machines are have soap/dryer sheet dispenser machines.

Don't want the dancing girls or mary poppins in our living room.

Don't want daily housekeeping. Like things just the way they are.

Maybe PERKS like the American Express White glove program had offered like a special viewing area for Illuminations?
I would also love to see member V.I.P. rooms in the park where you could have a free drink and a cool quiet restful place to "take 5".
How a bout special member fireworks cruises?
How about some clout when we make restaurant ressies (even if that means getting the best table available at our P.S. time?
And, of course, a better discount on AP's!!
:smooth:

Besides all the great ideas already mentioned how about some "home" comforts.Nice plush towels and maybe some toliet paper and kleenex that are premium grade instead of whatever it is that they use now!!

Originally posted by snwwht
Besides all the great ideas already mentioned how about some "home" comforts.Nice plush towels and maybe some toliet paper and kleenex that are premium grade instead of whatever it is that they use now!!

Flush.gif

Free Beer in every room!!!WOOHOO!! (over 21 of course):p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Joe in CT

p.s. and what everybody else said to

Most of all, I would like DVC to ask members for their feedback and ideas to help with planning future changes and initiatives. After all, we want the same thing...a great DVC resort experience.
Actually they do this already. When we were there in Dec, I was picked to be in just such a group. It was a very interesting and informative experience and extremely professional and well run. It was one of the highlights of my trip! I can't tell what was discussed or give any details because we signed a disclosure--I think that is the proper term, LOL! But as a member I was very happy to see that DVC does want members input/feedback.

I agree with what others have suggested:
1. Online access to your account and point balance.
2. Lower point costs for cruise.
3. AP DISCOUNT!!!!!
4. Room assignments based on when reservation was made.

I would also like:
1. To do away with Trash and Towel TOTALLY, it's a waste. Keep the full cleaning for trips over 8 nights like it is. Have some way to get more towels as needed (within reason). This shouldn't cost more, as we won't be paying housekeeping for the useless T&T.

2. Washer and Dryer in the studio!! I often go solo, and just can't justify a 1BR for just me, but REALLY miss the washer and dryer.

3. Some type of small food court at the Boardwalk. More than just the hotdog stand they have.

4. MORE DVC MERCHANDISE!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter