What Will You NOT Eat?

Things I won't eat

Mushrooms
Eggplant
Devil eggs
Pork
Raw spinach
Raw onion

most things that are rubber feel I will not eat the first 3 on the list are rubber to me

Mushrooms, cheese, milk/cream, butter, lamb, pork, beef, cooked greens and green beans.

I forgot to add, no organ meat.

I am weird though in what I love. I'll eat sardines in olive oil right out of the tin as a snack - yum! One of my favorites is sushi.

Last edited:

Things I don't eat....
Curry
Sushi
Onions
Tomato
Dark Meat (chicken)
Food from street carts in foreign countries
Green chilie
Creamed anything
Scrapple

My wife is that way, well, other than she IS a fussy eater. I love liver, so when we eat in a restaurant, I often order it. My wife was appalled to learn....after make nasty comments to the server about my meal selection....that liver is their best selling entree. As the server put it, liver is a comfort food just like macaroni and cheese.
We went to another restaurant and my wife asked the server there about how often people order liver, and the server said if it wasn't a best seller if was close.
But these were all "family" restaurants, where comfort food is big.

Hmmm, interesting. I really don't see liver on the menu around here at all. What I do find is that people of a certain generation (my grandparents) seem to enjoy it and sometimes their children (my parents) do as well. But food wasn't as accessible when my grandparents were growing up, especially good meat, so I think liver was nutritious and cheap. I'm so glad we have other options now,lol

I can put fruits I don't usually eat (bananas, mango, strawberries) into a smoothie and drink it. However, I never liked raisins. If I bite into a empanada and there's raisins in there. :(

I won't eat anything with tentacles. Octopus and squid. But I will eat the upper part that's usually in the calamari.

I won't eat mushrooms or eggplant.

Hmmm, interesting. I really don't see liver on the menu around here at all. What I do find is that people of a certain generation (my grandparents) seem to enjoy it and sometimes their children (my parents) do as well. But food wasn't as accessible when my grandparents were growing up, especially good meat, so I think liver was nutritious and cheap. I'm so glad we have other options now,lol
Big with the family restaurants.

Speaking of octopus, you know another animal that is also extremely intelligent is the pig. Some studies say they are smarter than dogs, dolphins, and chimpanzees, or at least on par with them. Of course the pork industry doesn't want you to know that, and we all know how Americans loooooove their pork. :rolleyes1

Since I found that out though, I do kind of struggle with eating pork products when I let myself think about it. :guilty:

....:scratchin....isn't that the same thing?
You would think but apparently not. I have said I'm allergic to fish and then been served a salad with shrimp on it because "it's not fish". Many think fish is salmon, tuna, albacore, halibut etc. Shrimp, prawns, scallops, crab, mussels, lobster is NOT fish but seafood. I'm allergic to it all. When it's a life and death situation, you cover all your bases to avoid any misunderstanding.

I grew up on a cattle farm, like my DDad before me. Liver was an absolute delicacy!! A 700lb steer would dress out around 300lbs of meat - only 2lbs of which was liver. It was a looooong time between liver feasts.

Since I found that out though, I do kind of struggle with eating pork products when I let myself think about it. :guilty:
Yeah, me too. About 25 years ago my DH and I went to the local county fair. We stopped and petted the pigs and i especially liked a particularly sweet one named Speckles. About 2 weeks later we walked by our local grocery store's deli case and they had the trophies of the food animals they bought ... and there was Speckles! I didn't eat pork for a very long time. I still don't except for bacon.

You would think but apparently not. I have said I'm allergic to fish and then been served a salad with shrimp on it because "it's not fish". Many think fish is salmon, tuna, albacore, halibut etc. Shrimp, prawns, scallops, crab, mussels, lobster is NOT fish but seafood. I'm allergic to it all. When it's a life and death situation, you cover all your bases to avoid any misunderstanding.
....no doubt. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter