What Will You NOT Eat?

Mustard. Vile, evil stuff that it is.

There are a lot of foods I don't eat just because I never had. I actually had my first ever sweet potatoes at Garden Grill a few weeks ago! They were delicious!

If it comes from the sea it dont go in me

If it comes from the land you eat with your hand?:crazy:

I'm game for just about anything unless we're talking Anthony Bourdain territory food.

It's funny hearing the aversion to mustard. I swear my daughter actually fears it she hates it so much although I don't think she's ever tasted it. I used to have to hide the container in the back of the fridge. She won't go near the kitchen if she sees a bottle of mustard! She adamantly denies fearing it though. lol

I am a vegan. I don't eat any animals or animal products (no meat of any kind, no milk, cheese, butter, eggs, honey) for ethical reasons.

I also don't eat mushrooms, green peppers (other colors are OK), green peas, or beets for reasons that these taste yucky to me.

Other than that, I love all other foods

My husband is vegan, one of my DD is a vegetarian with a few occasional exceptions, and one of my DD is a burger-loving carnivore. It's all fine with me, I strongly believe everyone has the right to make their own food choices. I would never get preachy or try to tell someone else what they should or shouldn't eat. Our family is all about individual choices and options to suit everyone's needs.

I'm feel the same way about food choices although I will not prepare meat anymore for anyone. I could barely handle cooking beef or chicken even when I used to eat it so I'm certainly not going to do it now.

Serious question, is it believed that harvesting honey creates suffering for the bees? Or, is the objection just because its animal based. I always thought of honey as a by-product, not really the same as dairy. But, I've never really given it a ton of thought.

I can't answer the question but I basically feel the same way, in that the honey is more of a by product. I could be wrong though and also haven't given it too much thought. I don't use it at home but don't avoid it either.

Lamb, for personal reasons.
Other random foods, purely for taste preferences include bananas, any cold cuts, feta cheese, seaweed (pretty much the only sea-related food I won't eat), unflavored mayo (but I'll eat a chipotle mayo or garlic aioli), sweet potatoes, cooked peas (especially mushy Irish peas...but I'll have raw sugar snap peas as snack), cooked carrots...

Yes to:
Several types of lettuce
Spinach
Cauliflower
Broccoli
Olives (several types)
Onions
Peppers
Chicken :)
Cheese

No to:
Tomatoes
Carrots
Cucumbers
Corn
Kale
Beans

The above lists are not complete, just what I can think of.

It could be as simple as lettuce, or any combination of the "yes" list :)
Yes - DH is also such a ravenous, red-meat eater that he would agree with you that chicken is probably a vegetable...:rotfl2:

I won't eat any meat still attached to bones. No chicken wings or drumsticks, no T-bone steaks, etc.

DW won't eat macaroni and cheese. She says she had a traumatic experience back in 2nd grade with the school lunch lady about it.

PEAS! YUCK!!! When I was in grade school, I was in the hospital for pneumonia/bronchitis. Every single day they served pea soup. I didn't really like peas to begin with. The final straw was when they served something in a clear plastic container that looked like pea green slime.

Oh and grits. Only have ever had them in a breakfast buffet in the USA and thought they were disgusting.

Oh, my, this Girl Raised In The South - GRITS
does love her grits and also the famous Shrimp and Grits entree. :)

I don't even understand why they still PRODUCE red "delicious" (anything but) apples. Get rid of that crap! I buy gala/fuji/envy apples.

Red delicious are my all time favorites - nothing I would call 'crap'!! Crunchy juicy sweetness! Anything that was America's favorite for 75 years works for me!! :goodvibes

I started to make a list but honestly no one has enough time to listen to what I won't eat. I'm easily the pickiest person I know.

Amazingly, my children are like their father and love to try new things. They will eat anywhere.

Fish and seafood... unless I want to have and Epi pen shot and a trip to the ER.

For you guys who said "sushi," I'd like to ask a follow-up question. Are you aware that sushi doesn't specifically refer to raw fish? Technically, sushi is a type of rice made with vinegar. Yes, it's sometimes (but not always) served with raw fish. But sometimes it's served with cooked fish or even no fish (just vegetables and seaweed). So you may want to consider giving certain kinds of sushi a try (and your waiter should be able to tell you which kinds contain raw fish). You might even find that you like it!
Sashimi is a bowl of "raw" fish. I say this as it is usually chilled to a temperature that will kill the bacteria.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter