What Will You NOT Eat?

Liver, feet, brain, gonands, or ears.
Dog, cat, or horse.
Calamari (had it once hated it).
Lobster (yuck!).

Octopus - they are too smart. I think they are delicious but I no longer eat them on moral principles.

Oysters & clams - I have an allergy and they make me vomit.

I'm ok with just about anything else except pets.

I don't eat :
Kale
Lutefisk
Cottage cheese
Peanut Butter
Liver etc

I prefer not to eat:
Broccoli
Raw Oysters

I also avoid foods that contain msg or Parmesan cheese because they are migraine triggers for me.

1. Any kind of seafood
2. Any kind of beans
3. Mashed Potatoes
4. Except for tuna fish, not mayo
5. Sushi Yuck!

But usually really go for anything and everything!

-asparagus
-cooked spinach
-liver
-kidneys
-haggis
-veal
-oysters (raw or cooked)
-cottage cheese
-plain yogurt

Fish always hate it. had a couple uncles that were fisherman so we ate fish at least once a week when I was a kid. Never again

I wont eat sushi. I just cannot get past stand the sewed taste.
No raw seafood at all
No offal
I am not a nose to tail person...so no ears, snouts, feets, no innards.
I also googled balut: add that to the list of things I wont eat. Ever.
Cottage cheese

The only thing I won't eat is beets. Which means I also won't eat most things my MIL cooks because she's notorious for trying to "trick" me into eating beets.

The only thing I won't eat is beets. Which means I also won't eat most things my MIL cooks because she's notorious for trying to "trick" me into eating beets.

What is it with MILs and food? Mine always used to love trying to trick me into eating something I said I didn't like.

What is it with MILs and food? Mine always used to love trying to trick me into eating something I said I didn't like.

No idea. Beets are literally the only thing I will not eat - I am a really un-picky eater! I honestly think she is trying to cruel, because they really do make me gag.

Used to not like beets until I had them roasted in a salad at Sunshine Seasons a few years ago. Now I'm a big fan.

Used to not like boiled eggs until I had them in the Cobb Salad at HBD. Still not a fan except in that salad, but it reminded me to never say "never."

Beets, brussel sprouts - I love them both. A lot depends on how they're cooked. Plain, boiled Brussels sprouts aren't too tasty. But halved and broasted with a little olive oil, garlic, onions, +/- bacon bits at a high temp (400) so they brown a bit, turning frequently, and they're really good. I've had people at my house try them that way, completely voluntarily (as it's a visually appealing dish, too), who said they never liked them before, actually enjoy them. I think the same can be said for beets. (Autocorrect wanted to say beetles just then :scared: ) I happen to like them pickled. But roasted they are good also. (I have never cooked them, myself.) Obviously very subjective, but if you want to give them another shot, make sure they're cooked nicely. Maybe not like your grandmother made them, lol. Whole Foods has a lot of vegetarian offerings at their hot bar that are really good if you want to try a small sample. DH makes a roasted root vegetable dish that is delicious. We often take it if we're going somewhere.

Liver :crazy2: I've tried it a few times growing up, I hate the texture and the taste. So gross! Other than that, I'm a pretty unfussy eater.
My wife is that way, well, other than she IS a fussy eater. I love liver, so when we eat in a restaurant, I often order it. My wife was appalled to learn....after make nasty comments to the server about my meal selection....that liver is their best selling entree. As the server put it, liver is a comfort food just like macaroni and cheese.
We went to another restaurant and my wife asked the server there about how often people order liver, and the server said if it wasn't a best seller if was close.
But these were all "family" restaurants, where comfort food is big.

Sushi and sashimi
Oysters
Organ meats
Greens. I like dandelion greens in salad, however.

Chitlins
Menudo
Haggis

Octopus - they are too smart. I think they are delicious but I no longer eat them on moral principles.

I feel the same way about octopus, so I've never even tried it! (I do like calamari, though, so I guess my own "too smart line" is somewhere between octopus and squid.)

Lobster. Poor things are boiled alive. And apparently they scream :sad2:

Part of me wishes someone had told me that before I ever had them! I fell in love with lobster as a kid, long before I ever found out how it's cooked. I've not completely given it up, but I can't eat it now without feeling guilty. I kind of wish I had never tried it, so I wouldn't miss it.

I'm a pretty picky eater so there is a lot that I don't eat. Off the top of my head is fish, oatmeal, cottage cheese, cabbage, corned beef, liver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter