What will we celebrate? BLESSINGS!!*Trip # 10

As of tomorrow, the Wii will be permanently marked down to $199....Our TRU is suppose to have gotten a whoooooole bunch in case they have a rush on them tomorrow. I am planning to call Wal-Mart first and see if they mark theirs down before I drive to TRU.
Maybe for your landscaping you could put rocks close to you house where you want the beds to be and then work out from there. They wouldn't necessarily be against the house. Or (a neighbor just did this) against the house where you would have beds... they put the small white rocks and just put pretty plants in really decorative pots. Then, if you have things you have to bring in for winter, you can just move your plants in-and there would be no actual beds for bugs to get into. We have had spiders here this year like never before...the small ones...but they are way more active than i have noticed in the years before. I don't know what that means?:confused3
I did have an older lady tell me that due to the weather we have had for Sept so far, she is expecting an early and harsh wiinter down here. Not good I am sure for all of our Northern friends, but for us who have such short winters, it'll be nice!

Thanks for the information. I see on the Walmart website that the Wiis have, indeed been marked down. Our local store didn't have them marked down yet. I'll probably just end up buying one from their website.

Very cool landscaping ideas. Right now, we have azaleas planted around the front porch and roses all around the rest of the house. Pretty easy plants to maintain.

YAY Shawna! :cool1: Your Arrival Day plans look great! :thumbsup2

With our trip being a bit shorter this time around we are heading straight to the MK on our arrival day! :woohoo: I can't wait to see that Castle first thing! We plan to head to DTD on our second day after spending the morning/early afternoon at Epcot!:)

Great first day plans!!:goodvibes

I too do not do well with the early morning flights. Good thing I ended up getting stuck with an afternoon flight this time. We'll be getting to Disney later, but maybe we will all be in a better mood and wide awake!

I sure hope you don't end up having to ride in the hot air balloon all by yourself! :scared1::rotfl:

Ha!! I hope I don't have to be alone, but if I must, I must!!!! I am excited about it...hope the weather is good for our trip. I am calling tomorrow and see if the 4 for 3 deal is better for us than Free Dining. I think we are at 68 days today!

You sound all set for Day 1!!! Your Day 1 is usually my last day. We wait to hit DTD towards the end and get our souvies before we leave. We'll be spending lots of time in Lego Land too. DS is just starting to get into them. :yay:

Good luck with the hot air balloon ride. Hope everyone is brave enough :goodvibes

Kim~ We usually come back the night before we leave for souvies!! But.. we don't want to use our park tickets that first night--I am tooooo worn out!!
I wanted to post some of my favorite trip tips and tricks!!Lots of this I got from these very boards...some I have always used, and some are just common sense.
First...I love my packing list..I keep a Master on my computer...use it for other trips also.(Last year before the trip the computer totally crashed and I lost it! FREAK OUT!).
Shipping: I take note of when we are getting low on toothpaste, deoderant, shampoo, hairspray...anything like that. If I don't have any, when it's time to go, I just use those little travel containers from Wal-Mart.And when they are empty..I just trash them and don't have to repack it!! Also, I bring those tiny little detergents.A big Ziplock bag of quarters and dryer sheets for the laundry. I pack all this in two med size boxes and ship to the resort. I also pack breakfast stuff--granola bars, small apple juices, stuff like that. Last year I started a new thing. Snacks per day. For each kid, per day, I did a ziplock snack bag:2 pieces of gum, little snack bag of M&Ms, and a few starbursts. They got one bag with their name on it per day...when it was gone...it was gone. We have the ddp and I usually used the snack for water bottles or or fruit...pickles, whatever.
Of course, I always send down extra Ziplock baggies!!! Another thing I love is my over-the-door-shoe-holder. I love this thing!! I guess this year I will have to hang it in the closet...I don't think there is anywhere else to put it in the reno'd rooms at the Contemporary!! We put receipts, sunglasses, hairbrushes, loose change, all kinds of stuff in here! Keeps up with all the little stuff you gotta have!! Pop-up-hamper..a must have..mine folds flat in the big suitcase...put it in the bathroom and keep all that dirty laundry contained!!! I do laundry about the 4th day or so...with 5 of us that's lots of clothes!!! Oh..another thing I usually ship...MEDICINE!! I send band-aids,neosporin,tylenol/excedrine for us and a bottle for the kids.Again..usually a bottle that's near the end.Put it in it's own ziplock to ship in case it spills...
I always pack our underwear in a ziplock and our socks. Keeps it organized and if the bag opens, or they search luggage...no one is touching your stuff. (I hope:scared1:)
Of course, on the plane each kid and adult have a backpack...filled with time killers for the plane and the ride over...and a snack bag for travel day.Last year they packed their bathing suits in case they decided to swim at the hotel upon arrival..we didn't, but it was good to have just in case. Also, I put crocs and socks on the kids for the airport security scan!! Don't want them barefoot on that dirty floor!!! YIKES. And of course, don't forget all your chargers and ticket information!!!!!! I brought a journal last year and wrote in it day by day...I was going to do a TR, but never did... I was prepared tho!!!!
Okay,,, if I think of more good stuff I will add it...if you have something killer that we should know, please~ do tell!!!!!

Ha!! I hope I don't have to be alone, but if I must, I must!!!! I am excited about it...hope the weather is good for our trip. I am calling tomorrow and see if the 4 for 3 deal is better for us than Free Dining. I think we are at 68 days today!

I know for us with DS being 10 now and the 4/3 not including a gift card, free dining is a better deal.

I'll be waiting for your review of WPE. Heard only good things about it, but you are going right before me so yours will be a current review.

Love your house!

My cousins will be staying at BLT so it will be nice to hear what you thing of CR.

I'll be waiting for your review of WPE. Heard only good things about it, but you are going right before me so yours will be a current review.

Love your house!

My cousins will be staying at BLT so it will be nice to hear what you thing of CR.

Hi!!Glad to have you!! I am excited about the WPE, so I will be posting about it as soon as I can!!! I loved the CR when we stayed a few years back...curious about these renos!!!

Sun. Dec 6th Day 1

Hopefully we will have all gotten a good nights sleep Sat and are ready to get up early!!! We usually do not do Magic Kingdom on the very first day, but staying at the CR kinda makes you...doesn't it?:goodvibes We usually do AK first and get that out of our way. It is not our favorite park so we do it first and head to Epcot...this year the big guys do NOT want to do EE. So,,,unless ds10 just HAS to go to the Dino stuff, we are skipping it...maybe later in the trip at this point. Not sure right now.So!!! We are planning to hoof it to MK for Rope Drop!!! As you might know..we have never made it to a RD in all our trips!!!! I know how sad that sounds!!! But, I will rectify that this time around!!! I personally am not a morning person... but I can do it for this!!!! So, I will let the kids grab a granola bar and some juice while I am getting a shower and ready for the day!!! Gotta get that backpack ready also!! Today is a MVMCP day...I am not going that day, but my friend Sheree will be!! So..we will stay at the park all day since they will close to the public at 7. We --upon RD---will head to Dumbo, Pooh and Peter Pan!! Hopefully we can get all 3 in before we take off to RD at Toontown!!!! Me and dd missed Pixie Hollow last year:sad1: I took her several times, but the lines were just unreal...and she said she was NOT gonna wait that long!! I personally didn't want to, but I would have if she thought she could stand it!! So!!! I am sure the guys will do the race track or something while we see Tink and the Princesses. Also, face-painting at Petes is a must!!!! Love to do it early in the day too!! Makes it last longer!!!
After TT, we will go back to BTMRR---I am NOT crazy about Splash this time of year...I hate them walking around in wet clothes!!!!! We will maybe try POTC next...followed by HM---if we are not starving to death by now!! My kids usually eat lunch early. So, if we have to get FP for one of these, nows the time!! I am sure lunch today will be Cosmic Rays....my kids really like it here. Last time, we sat outside by the little waterfall looking at the castle.Very relaxing!!! After lunch, we will go to Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and the TTA!!!! :yay: Love this stuff!! Oh! And of course the CoP....one of Mike's favs. At this point we will go back to Adventureland/Liberty Square...do anything we have missed at this point....if we have time we will meet characters..but we are coming back several times,so I really want to get the fun stuff going!!! I gotta see Mickeys Phil. also!! It was closed for refurb last time.
We got ressies for dinner at Cindy's!!!! I think it's right before 6...so we should be finished with most of what we want to do by then!!!! We will get some character pics here and get to hang around just a bit longer than those having to leave at 7! I think we will aim for Caseys and exit through there! Gotta make room for those at the Party!!! I was toying with the idea of the party on this day...but we have another RD on Mon...and I think it would be just tooooo long of a day!!! So, good night MK after dinner...we are off to take baths and try to catch Wishes from our Balconey!!!!!:wizard:

I hope you make it to rope drop this time! Last trip was my first time and it really is magical! My kids loved it!
Woo Hoo you got dinner ressie's with Cindy! I can't wait until DD is a little older to justify spending that much $ for her to meet the princesses. :rolleyes1
How amazing it will be to see Wishes from your balcony in your pj's! :cloud9: Enjoy it! Although it will probably be more fun to watch the crowds fighting to get out of the park while your comfy in your room! ;)

Good morning Shawna,

I sounds like your plans are going well. I, too, make lists of things to do to prepare and things to pack and it's saved on my computer. Ziplock bags are my best friend while in Disney. Perfect for keeping things dry in the backpack, storing snacks, holding all those little things that end up floating around in the bottom of the backpack, etc.

Have a great day and a fantastic weekend,

Lisa

GREAT PLANS SHAWNA :thumbsup2

I really hope you are able to make RD! It is the best part of a day @ MK! Just starts the day off right! :yay: Plus, you will get SO much more done if you can knock off Dumbo, PP and Pooh right away!

Try to be at the Rope for ToonTown no later than 930! The rope gets dropped sometimes as early as 940am! You will still probably wait a little teensy bit but not TOO long! We were at the rope las time by 920, were among the first 5 families in line to meet the Fairies and still did not get out of there until about 1015! Tink is one VERY popular lady! ;)

Dinner @ Cindy's ! WOW! I can't wait to hear about that one! We really did enjoy our breakfast there last time! Are you going to family pics taken with Cindy or just the kids? I hear the mice are jsut adorable at supper time! :cutie:

Keep it coming Shawna! Things are looking great! :thumbsup2

Hopefully we will be moving within the next 2-3 years. We under no circumstances want to raise children up here, we know what the DC area offers in history, culture, etc. but we can't take it anymore! 95% of the people are just so rude, nasty and mean all of the time. And its soooo expensive, we can't even afford to buy our own home. I grew up here and will miss it but its just not worth it.

We want to move to Georgia or Florida. Our minds are not closed to Loiusiana, Mississippi, Alabama or Tennessee (I know, TN is kind of random) We just feel like when you go South there are a lot more values that just aren't here anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and its all an illusion but it just seems so different, even just from my friends and relatives who live in the south, from trip reports I read here, people who told me about going to college down there, books etc. It all seems much more family oriented and easy going.

I hope you make it to rope drop this time! Last trip was my first time and it really is magical! My kids loved it!
Woo Hoo you got dinner ressie's with Cindy! I can't wait until DD is a little older to justify spending that much $ for her to meet the princesses. :rolleyes1
How amazing it will be to see Wishes from your balcony in your pj's! :cloud9: Enjoy it! Although it will probably be more fun to watch the crowds fighting to get out of the park while your comfy in your room! ;)

If you are on the DDP you can do Cindy's...and they take a picture and give it to you before you leave the restaurant..it is always a good shot too!!!!!
Good morning Shawna,

I sounds like your plans are going well. I, too, make lists of things to do to prepare and things to pack and it's saved on my computer. Ziplock bags are my best friend while in Disney. Perfect for keeping things dry in the backpack, storing snacks, holding all those little things that end up floating around in the bottom of the backpack, etc.

Have a great day and a fantastic weekend,

Lisa

Hey Lisa!!!! AAHHHHHHH Ziplocks!!!:love: they are sooooo great!! ha!
GREAT PLANS SHAWNA :thumbsup2

I really hope you are able to make RD! It is the best part of a day @ MK! Just starts the day off right! :yay: Plus, you will get SO much more done if you can knock off Dumbo, PP and Pooh right away!

Try to be at the Rope for ToonTown no later than 930! The rope gets dropped sometimes as early as 940am! You will still probably wait a little teensy bit but not TOO long! We were at the rope las time by 920, were among the first 5 families in line to meet the Fairies and still did not get out of there until about 1015! Tink is one VERY popular lady! ;)

Dinner @ Cindy's ! WOW! I can't wait to hear about that one! We really did enjoy our breakfast there last time! Are you going to family pics taken with Cindy or just the kids? I hear the mice are jsut adorable at supper time! :cutie:

Keep it coming Shawna! Things are looking great! :thumbsup2

I usually just have dd take the pic with cinderella.....we'll see!!! I am excited about our early morning!!!!! We really have no choice this trip but to get up early to get things done smoothly. MVMCP kinda pushes out a late start for MK on those days!!
Hopefully we will be moving within the next 2-3 years. We under no circumstances want to raise children up here, we know what the DC area offers in history, culture, etc. but we can't take it anymore! 95% of the people are just so rude, nasty and mean all of the time. And its soooo expensive, we can't even afford to buy our own home. I grew up here and will miss it but its just not worth it.

We want to move to Georgia or Florida. Our minds are not closed to Loiusiana, Mississippi, Alabama or Tennessee (I know, TN is kind of random) We just feel like when you go South there are a lot more values that just aren't here anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and its all an illusion but it just seems so different, even just from my friends and relatives who live in the south, from trip reports I read here, people who told me about going to college down there, books etc. It all seems much more family oriented and easy going.

Well, we are in Texas...and of course, I think we are pretty nice!!!!!:laughing: Any where down here is gonna be a different feel than closer to a big city! I do notice people in Houston are kinda rude!!! It just changes when you get a big city attitude! Just consider that you are moving into Humid territory!!!!

You're plans are movin right along. Hope you make it to at least one rope drop this time. They are fun! Good times! Perfect time to snap of shots of characters.

AK ha always been my least favorite park too, I have always tried to get it out of the way first thing, but I gave it a second chance on my last trip....still my least favorite park.

You're plans are movin right along. Hope you make it to at least one rope drop this time. They are fun! Good times! Perfect time to snap of shots of characters.

AK ha always been my least favorite park too, I have always tried to get it out of the way first thing, but I gave it a second chance on my last trip....still my least favorite park.

Why is it that we keep trying to like it? Is it guilt because we are not totally in love with something Disney?:rotfl: Oh...guilt is a powerful motivator...is it not?Ha!!!! Well...I am gonna move onto Day2...stay tuned!! OH....look at our ticker!! Under 2!!!:yay::yay::cheer2::cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter