What will we celebrate? BLESSINGS!!*Trip # 10

Wow!! I don't know why those pics came out sooooo big! I did them just like my others....Sorrrrrryyy!!!! YIKES!!! Okay, well hope you enjoy a little of what I have been doing!!!!

I'm here Shawna! I'm loving your PTR so far.

I'm here!!! I didn't know you were doing a PTR!!! I just can't keep up! Love the pictures and your dog!! I will follow along, of course, since we'll be there at the same time. Maybe I'll just post little tidbits about my plans in your PTR and not do one myself! :laughing: I probably won't do one anyway!! Maybe a TR after Christmas!

I'm feel so left out of our little Snowbird "reunion". :sad1: It still feels like yesterday our 3 families were chatting it up at The Emporium after Spectro! I hope that both of your families have a fabulous time, and don't forget to think about me!!!

Snapdragons were my FAVORITE as a little girl. I used to "make them talk." It felt like I was in Alice in Wonderland!

Great pics! :thumbsup2

Hi, I followed a link from the snowbirds chat... I just wanted to say that your yard turned out very cute! Your house is stunning! They don't even make houses that look like that up here... Ugh. I can't wait to move south!

I'm here Shawna! I'm loving your PTR so far.

I'm feel so left out of our little Snowbird "reunion". :sad1: It still feels like yesterday our 3 families were chatting it up at The Emporium after Spectro! I hope that both of your families have a fabulous time, and don't forget to think about me!!!
AAAWWWWW Poor baby!! We would never forget you.. & yes, that's a great memory!!
Snapdragons were my FAVORITE as a little girl. I used to "make them talk." It felt like I was in Alice in Wonderland!

Great pics! :thumbsup2

How sweet! I think the little violas are wonderful ....they are like the little ones on Alice that had the tiny faces!!! I am an Alice lover too! Poor Alice...she got waaaay more than she bargained for!!! Are you gonna see the 'new' Alice by Tim Burton? It's got Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter!!!!!:yay:
Hi, I followed a link from the snowbirds chat... I just wanted to say that your yard turned out very cute! Your house is stunning! They don't even make houses that look like that up here... Ugh. I can't wait to move south!
Oh, thank you!!! We have to have bigger houses to make up for our ridiculous weather!!!:lmao: When & where are you moving?

Oh Shawna, your home is just Lovely! :love: Your own "little" Texan hideaway! :) I LOVE the Palm trees in your backyard! That is my fave thing about landing in Florida - seeing the Palms for the first time! :goodvibes Tell G that her flowers are lovely! :thumbsup2

Oh Shawna, your home is just Lovely! :love: Your own "little" Texan hideaway! :) I LOVE the Palm trees in your backyard! That is my fave thing about landing in Florida - seeing the Palms for the first time! :goodvibes Tell G that her flowers are lovely! :thumbsup2

Haha!! I will tell her!!! She is soooo proud of them! I don't remember ever getting to do that when I was little...not my own pot anyway!She really does a good job...she is SO serious about it too!! Yet....she wants me to do the watering:lmao: Thanks for all the compliments and kind words about our home and landscaping. Mike builds a good house!!!!! And he has to take the credit...he is an awesome designer!

Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I love your house - Dave loves your pool! He wants one so bad. I don't. So far, I win! :laughing:
Your flower beds look lovely. This time of year up here, we're digging out, cutting back, and planting bulbs. So far the flowers are still blooming. We had nice rain today, so that will help. It's been a drought here.

Your home and gardens are beautiful Shawna! Those palm trees :cloud9: ! Palm trees are our favorite sight on the drive to see Mickey. We know we're getting closer when we start seeing them!

Gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I love your house - Dave loves your pool! He wants one so bad. I don't. So far, I win! :laughing:
Your flower beds look lovely. This time of year up here, we're digging out, cutting back, and planting bulbs. So far the flowers are still blooming. We had nice rain today, so that will help. It's been a drought here.

Take the plunge!!! (Pun intended!:thumbsup2) you need one!!! Ours is a salt water and it is wonderful!! No burny eyes or green hair!!! We have so enjoyed our pool! Of course, it's so hot here...but we are so very glad we did it!!

I am going to be ALLLLLL over Alice when it comes out... in March!!!

Oh My Gosh!! Page 3!! :jumping1: :cheer2: How exciting!!! Well, I have been Christmas shopping!!! I am just about to go update my Christmas stuff on my shopping thread!!!!! But, I am definitely getting them a Wii... and it does get marked down officially tomorrow, so I went ahead today while Mike had the kids and got some games.... I was thrilled! Gotta order my little girl some AG stuff, and I am finished with my kids!! I hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!! We have had a great day....we all got things accomplished that needed to be done, and we are still in good moods!!!:laughing::lmao: TTFN!

Shawna, your house is beautiful! :goodvibes

Congrats on the Christmas shopping.:santa: I really need to get started on that! I am just thinking that it is probably not going to happen until we get back from Disney.

Thanks Shelly!!! I just have to get it done!!! I can't stand the crowds and knowing things are getting picked over! It's my ocd background!! ha!!!! If you just don't have time before your trip, don't worry about it! I just like to at least have a list and know what I will be looking for...even if I can't go right then and get it.

You guys did a great job on your landscaping! We live in a log home and I'm afraid to build any flower beds around it due to the potential for bugs deciding to build their homes in them. Bugs are scary to those of us who live in log homes! :eek:

What's this about the Wii being marked down tomorrow? That's what I want to buy our son for Christmas.

You guys did a great job on your landscaping! We live in a log home and I'm afraid to build any flower beds around it due to the potential for bugs deciding to build their homes in them. Bugs are scary to those of us who live in log homes! :eek:

What's this about the Wii being marked down tomorrow? That's what I want to buy our son for Christmas.

As of tomorrow, the Wii will be permanently marked down to $199....Our TRU is suppose to have gotten a whoooooole bunch in case they have a rush on them tomorrow. I am planning to call Wal-Mart first and see if they mark theirs down before I drive to TRU.
Maybe for your landscaping you could put rocks close to you house where you want the beds to be and then work out from there. They wouldn't necessarily be against the house. Or (a neighbor just did this) against the house where you would have beds... they put the small white rocks and just put pretty plants in really decorative pots. Then, if you have things you have to bring in for winter, you can just move your plants in-and there would be no actual beds for bugs to get into. We have had spiders here this year like never before...the small ones...but they are way more active than i have noticed in the years before. I don't know what that means?:confused3
I did have an older lady tell me that due to the weather we have had for Sept so far, she is expecting an early and harsh wiinter down here. Not good I am sure for all of our Northern friends, but for us who have such short winters, it'll be nice!

Shawna, both your home and your landscaping are beautiful!
We should move to Texas so Mike can build us a house. :thumbsup2 My family is in San Antonio and Corpus Christi, so it's not too far-fetched of an idea!

Wow, I didn't know about the Wii! THANKS! :santa: The boys have been asking for one for years now, and when I heard about the TSMM game I decided that maybe the time is finally right. ;) This makes it an even easier decision!

Gorgeous landscaping. I had to send pictures to my sister, lanscaping is her favorite past time, she will love looking at this.
It must feel good to have the Christmas shopping about done. I have found myself worrying major about getting mine done. I've been off work since July 28th with a broken leg and torn ACL, I can't even drive right now, so all I can do is obsess. It'll get done, probably Christmas Eve, but it will get done.

Pluto fan~ We are about 5 hours East of San Antonio....got a subdivisions with just a few lots left!!! Got your name on it!!!:) I did get theWii yesterday..our kids were playing with friends, so I ran to get it....TRU had sold several yesterday morning really fast, but then it was just here and there through out the day. I don't think people are really aware of it yet...not like they will be on Black Friday!!!!!
Disney addicted~ I am sorry your leg is broken!!!!Poor you!!! Just make that list girl!! I wish you were closer...I would come get you and take you shopping!!!!!! wouldn't that be a blast!!!!
Well it's Monday..and I am definitely feeling that I am gonna need a nap today!!! My allergies are acting up...so, if I take something (that really works) I am gonna be sleepy!!! I will try to post an update on our trip today or tomorrow for sure. Got a ton to do today...errands to run!! So, I will see you Dis-sers later!!!! Thanks for hanging in there with me!! :wave2:

Arrival Day!! Saturday, Dec. 5th

Okay... I have some extra time this morning...so lets talk about our day to arrive at Disney World!!
We live about an hour and half from Houston's Intercontinental Airport...with them asking you to be at the gate close to 2 hours before your flight time...that makes for an early morning for our bunch!!! Usually we do the 10:00 ish flight...so we leave around 6.......doesn't sound toooo early does it? Well....it does if you are like me and can NOT go to sleep til at least 3 or 4 in the morning!! I am soooo wired I can't sleep...and I dream about forgetting stuff...so at about that time of morning, I hit that deep sleep...then I am exhausted when it IS time to get going!!!
We will get up and outta here by 6...our tradition is to go through the drive thru at the Chick-Fil-A about 15 min from here. The kids love that place and Mike can get coffee. This is one of the few times I let my kids eat in the car!! Usually it's only on trips like this....I am soooo weird about that!! So...we will eat and drive and talk 90 mph and just be in a general state of giddy-ness!! Ha!!!:yay:
We should arrive at MCO around 1:30...give or take a bit. Last year I nearly croaked when I saw the line for ME!!!!!! Oh my!!! I really did get upset! I thought I would cry!! We were in the end of Jan and were really expecting low crowds for our trip.....this line weaved around about 4 times!!!! I have never seen it like that!!Before, I was about 20 people deep.....this was really unbeleivable. And I have a complaint...while we are on this leg of our journey.....does anyone else notice how HOT it is down there? I mean...by the time you get to the counter, all the babies are crying and sweating...and I, personally feel a little faint!!! :faint: Ha!!! I think last year was worse becuase I was upset with that line!!! I just kept thinking...if this many people are here now...how many are at the World?:scared1:
So much for my plans of an empty park!!!! Which I have to say we didn't see until our Departure day...Feb 1....and that was becuase everybody was getting ready for the Superbowl!!!!!!
Okay....so, we will now be on our favorite bus....ME!!!!:wizard: How awesome is that? We don't even have to drive...nor tend to luggage!!!
We are on our way to the Contemporary......I haven't been in there since the remodel...so this is gonna be exciting!!!! I love staying so close to the MK!! And getting the Theme Park view is an extra blessing!!! We did do the Bay Lake view once...it was wonderful also...but nothing like seeing that castle when you wake up or go to sleep. It really is a magical thing!!!!
Our plan is to hop on the bus to DTD....this ride always seems kinda long...not sure why....just like we will never get there.Excitement I guess. So, we have eaten at the Earl of Sandwich....it was pretty good...but I would rather try something else. And we have done T-Rex....kids really liked it...I thought the food was good. But...I keep hearing about WPE, so that's where I will be taking us tonight!!!! Dh is wonderful....he lets me be the leader:yay: without complaint!! A wife's dream:rotfl: I have heard only good things about this place, so I am really looking forward to it. DS10 will have to hit the Lego store....that's his forte'....so I will let him roam through bins of Legos till he gets cross-eyed!!!! For those of you who let your kids do pins...the little pin place is where we got our start! This one usually has lots of variety! I think all 3 kids need a new lanyard this time...All ours are getting a little worn. Love to walk around and just soak up the Disney atmosphere around here...plus it'll be decorated for Christmas, so I hope to get some good photos of the family here!
I have a surprise planned for the kids and Mike. I want to do the Hot Air Balloon!!!!! I don't want to tell them for a couple of reasons...#1 is---it's weather pending...if it's too windy or rainy, they won't let you do it...and #2---I would never hear the end of it. Range of moods will be until then...too nervous, too excited, too scared.....I will just spring it on them and see what happens!! I did mention something a while back in the summer about riding in a hot air balloon(we saw one on tv or something) and do you know all 4 of them said NO WAY!!! I couldn't believe it!!!!! So...I will not let them thwart my surprise...when they see how cool it is and that it's tied off....I think they will want to do it. Or else.:lmao: Closer to time, I hope to get more details about it....gotta be prepared!
Well, after all that...I for one am going to be worn out.....I do take naps on the plane though. If you are on my flight, you will know me... I am the mommy who can barely keep her blood-shot eyes open long enough for the stewardess to bring out the snax!!! I am usually fighting sleep while setting the kids trays up and getting them started. As soon as the food is outta the way....I am out!!! Mike makes fun of me every flight!! I know I look 100% ridiculous....but I am toooooo tired to care...My head is cocked back and my mouth is just fallen open and I am dead to the world!!!!! I usually wake up with a crick in my neck too!!!!! I just crash. Sometimes the younger 2 will take a nap also...since we have all been up late beforehand like lunatics!!!
So....we will be trekking back to get out the luggage, put up clothes and toiletries then to BED!!! We have a BIG day tomorrow!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!