What will happen after Nov. 2nd

Just curious how you did on fp day? I have similar short trip and will do fp’s on Saturday assuming no change to hours.
Pretty well. I got most things within a few minutes of when I wanted them. I couldn't get FoP, but we'll be at AK on day 60 so I expected that. 7DMT is on 60+1. I'd hoped for early afternoon but got late afternoon. I'll keep trying to modify those two. I wasn't trying for SDD (we like TSMM better and won't be at HS long enough to fit in both) so I'm not positive, but I think I saw it at first for 60+3. Good luck with your FPs!

Pretty well. I got most things within a few minutes of when I wanted them. I couldn't get FoP, but we'll be at AK on day 60 so I expected that. 7DMT is on 60+1. I'd hoped for early afternoon but got late afternoon. I'll keep trying to modify those two. I wasn't trying for SDD (we like TSMM better and won't be at HS long enough to fit in both) so I'm not positive, but I think I saw it at first for 60+3. Good luck with your FPs!

I had good luck today also. No Tuesday glitches. I got FoP for 16 people on 60+5. I had a 7DMT for 60+1 but it was too late (we'd be at dinner). Probably should have taken it and tried to modify but, oh well. I'm too much of a novice with this stuff. I could have gotten SDD, but not sure the little kids in our party could/would have ridden it so I went with TSMM.

I had good luck today also. No Tuesday glitches.

That's how it was for me, too! I was a little worried because I only had an hour before I had to leave for work, but it went very smoothly and I was done in 20 minutes.

Oh--one more thing about booking FPs today. I had no idea what to expect with Star Tours now that it's the only ride in Tier 2. HS is on my 60+3, and there was plenty of Star Tours availability at all times of day.

I think the odds of extended EEMH are VERY low. That is expensive for WDW operationally, and don't forget it was actually an upopular concept when first announced and cause many of people to postpone their Sept/Oct trips until November because they did not want to get up early and did not want to enter a "full" park at 8 or 9 am.

wait, whut? People were postponing trips because the parks were open early? That is crazy talk. I know some were considering moving their trips because they did not want to deal with SWGE crowds but I did not hear any talk about moving because of EEMH.

I think the odds of extended EEMH are VERY low. That is expensive for WDW operationally, and don't forget it was actually an upopular concept when first announced and cause many of people to postpone their Sept/Oct trips until November because they did not want to get up early and did not want to enter a "full" park at 8 or 9 am.
I'm one of those that hates getting up early during vacation and may or may not do it when we are onsite Oct 10-14. But, if anyone postponed their October trip, they were replaced by new people. There is very limited (or no) availability mid-month. Not sure about very early or late in October or in September, cause I haven't been tracking that.

wait, whut? People were postponing trips because the parks were open early? That is crazy talk. I know some were considering moving their trips because they did not want to deal with SWGE crowds but I did not hear any talk about moving because of EEMH.
I was one of the people who did move and I remember posting with others who were doing the same. It would be one thing if it was only on certain days of the week but with it every day there is no way to avoid it.

I was one of the people who did move and I remember posting with others who were doing the same. It would be one thing if it was only on certain days of the week but with it every day there is no way to avoid it.

But extended hours benefits everyone. It spreads out the crowds. Especially since it was across multiple parks. Moving just because there are EMH seems short sighted.

But extended hours benefits everyone. It spreads out the crowds. Especially since it was across multiple parks. Moving just because there are EMH seems short sighted.
Well, it was work issues that made me had to move my dates, but EEMH was what made me choose to switch to November instead of another week in October. Guess we’ll find out if it was a good or bad call in October once the autumn crowds roll in.

any news about after Nov 2 yet? Updated park hours? Anything? WHEN will we know?!!?

any news about after Nov 2 yet? Updated park hours? Anything? WHEN will we know?!!?
In mid-October they'll do their hours update for November. (Yesterday Disney did the September hours update, which seems to have covered October through November 2nd.) I don't think we'll know anything about general operating hours until then. I can't help but notice that Disney never announced any paid EMM events for November (or later). That makes me wonder if they're still keeping their options open; maybe we'll get some additional 8 am general openings at MK or HS.

I wish we could find out before the middle of next month. I make FPs in two weeks and it's so hard to plan without knowing. If DHS will be opening at 6:00 (planning on Thanksgiving Day), then we could probably wipe out SWGE plus SDD, TSM, ToT, and RnRC in one morning. No need to plan another morning. That totally changes my FP plans!

I wish we could find out before the middle of next month. I make FPs in two weeks and it's so hard to plan without knowing. If DHS will be opening at 6:00 (planning on Thanksgiving Day), then we could probably wipe out SWGE plus SDD, TSM, ToT, and RnRC in one morning. No need to plan another morning. That totally changes my FP plans!

Doubtful they open at 6. I expect HS to have EMH every morning, though.

The only reason they might not is because they’re waiting for Rise to open. I will be shocked if HS has 9am opens at all this year. Who knows, though. They do things that make me scratch my head.

I hope you're right! The one thing that worries me is that Disney could end up feeling like their investment in EEMH was an expensive waste (because of the generally low crowd levels this month) and then overcompensate by not extending hours enough in November and December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter