what weird smell do you like?

The weird plastic smell. It is hard to describe really but sometimes I smell it on plastic stuff.
I think I know what you mean. One of my earliest memories is at the Brookfield zoo outside of Chicago and they had those plastic melting forming machines. I don’t know what they’re called but basically you throw money in and it would make you a dolphin or an animal 3-D print. But this was like in the 80s

I was there with my kids decades later and that smell brought me back

I actually like the smell of skunk. But I’ve always smelt it more from a distance that came and went. I’ve heard that getting sprayed by a skunk is horrific. I also like the smell of books

Adding to the dog smell - my dog when she has that wet dog smell. I just love her so much and she doesn't smell all the time so her wet dog/fur smell makes me happy.

One of my dogs has the best smelling head. Even when he's in need of a bath, his head always smells good.

i love the smell of grease on a pizza , godly
This is not weird, a person disliking the smell of pizza would be weird.

I love the smell of regular NY, NY, it's a mix of hotdog water and I have no idea what else but it is distinctive and it makes me smile.

Last edited:
Rubbing alcohol, hospitals, wood burning-especially pine.

For those who love the farm smell, we have a small farm with ducks, chickens, pigs, goats, guinea fowl, and soon a couple of cows. I will tell you those darn ducks make it smell worse than the pigs. All they do is poop-EVERYWHERE. They poop in their pool, in the automatic watering bowl, and they stay up all night long "wack wack wack". I am used to it but it is not all it is "quacked" up to be.

Oh yea, I like the smell of freshly tilled soil. Very earthy and rich smelling.

This is oddly specific, but the smell of the soap at the hospital where I had my kids. Something about that particular smell instantly transports me back to that time when I was having my babies. I’ve only smelled it a few times since, when visiting someone who had a baby at the same hospital. I know the smell of soap itself isn’t “weird,” but I think my strong memory sense of it is kind of funny.
Me too, same exact experience!

I actually like the smell of skunk. But I’ve always smelt it more from a distance that came and went. I’ve heard that getting sprayed by a skunk is horrific. I also like the smell of books

The smell close up is awful. One sprayed somewhere near my house in the middle of the night over the summer and it was bad enough to wake both me and my sister up out of a sound sleep. Any time I drive by one dead in the road I hold my breath as long as I can. Just breathing though your mouth doesn't help at all.

those plastic bags of dried steer manure that surface everyspring on sidewalks and porches of grocery store, big box garden stores, nurserys. it was a mystery for decades why my body would get a physical rush from the fragrance and my brain would go overload into ectasy,. Then in 2000 my small son and I landed at the Ontaro airport in Californina. and across the airport strip is a massive industry of stockyards,,,full of the fragrance....these are the same stockyards that I passed every winter as a 60s child on my way to Disneyland....the smell coming thru the open windows of the school bus indicated to me that Disneyland was close by. mystery solved.

I don’t drink, but like the smell of Jack Daniels and Bacardi

I also miss the salty, kelpy air of the Pacific Ocean coastline

swamp/marshland

sulfur water smell in Florida

that salty air smell in beach towns

chlorine in pools - especially indoor pools... like walking into an indoor aquatic center

burnt pumpkin on Halloween night - you don’t smell this as much any more because people tend to use electric candles in their pumpkins now

and freshly sweaty DH - like when he comes in from working outside or from running... and he’s all glisten-y & sweaty

I hate the taste of coffee and coffee-flavoured food items but I love the smell of a coffee shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter