What was the oddest thing a Co-Worker has been fired for?

The chicken head reminds me of when I was a teenager and I worked in a mom and pop steak house. A cook was fired for deep frying a squirrel he had shot in his backyard. He had already received a warning for hanging scrod (fish) out the zipper of his pants and walking around the kitchen. He was creepy.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How could I forget this one from about 30 years ago?

A woman at my office was fired because she had a part-time job on her lunch hour - dancing topless at a club a block away. A lot of guys from the office were going over there for lunch to see her so it didn't take long for management to find out.

We had a woman who wasn't fired, but she was counseled...Whenever she got nervous (several times an hour) she used to silently break wind at her desk, and then squirt a little spritz of cologne to try to cover up the smell. One of the guys in the office called the resulting scent "Chanel Number Two."

How could I forget this one from about 30 years ago?

A woman at my office was fired because she had a part-time job on her lunch hour - dancing topless at a club a block away. A lot of guys from the office were going over there for lunch to see her so it didn't take long for management to find out.

So, she was in the wrong for dancing (on her own time) but the guys were OK for looking (on their own time)???:rotfl: :rotfl: Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending her at all, that just seems a little hypocritical:confused3

So, she was in the wrong for dancing (on her own time) but the guys were OK for looking (on their own time)???:rotfl: :rotfl: Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending her at all, that just seems a little hypocritical:confused3

Well they had to get their lunch somewhere!!!;)

I didn't get fired but I didn't get a raise once because the boss said I smiled too much. I found another job as soon as I could.

We had a woman working in our department that became an exercise "junkie." She began spending all of her free time in the gym, neglecting her family (2 kids). Then our company opened a small fitness center onsite, and she started spending big chunks of the day there too. She had several warnings about that, and was put on some sort of double-secret probation.

The last straw was when she would "go missing" many afternoons for a couple of hours. Our boss tailed her one time, and it turned out she was teaching a spinning class at a health club 20 minutes from work in the afternoon!

So she was fired that day (and it takes a LOT to get fired here). But the upside is that she was in really good shape when she left.

The last person we fired was a lady who spent the whole day calling the newspaper and complaining about not getting her paper. She kept going up the chain of command there. We are talking dozens of calls that alternated with calls to her husband asking if the paper was there yet. That was more than 2 years ago.

At the Postal Service we had a maintenance man fired for punching the nickels out of undeliverable Readers Digest Ed McMahon sweepstakes envelopes that were in the trash dumpster.

ya know - I really don't know what the harm is here....they are throwing them out right?

Just thought of another one...

My husband used to work for a company that did event lighting around Chicago and the Field Museum was one of their big clients. They would do a lot of set-ups at night so nobody was there except security. One of his colleagues was fired for stealing coins out of a fountain so he could buy a soda. I figure if you are going to get fired for doing something stupid at a museum late at night it should be for something more adventurous - like climbing up a dinosaur or checking out a mummy! Stealing fifty cents is a pathetic way to go.

ya know - I really don't know what the harm is here....they are throwing them out right?

Yeah, I didn't get this one either. I mean once it's in the trash it's fair game.

I thought of another one. We had a lady fired because she spent all day trying to rescue shelter dogs. She was using the company phone on company time to call shelters all over the country trying to arrange to have these dogs, who were supposedly about to be put down, flown in so she could rescue them. She also printed hundreds of pages of pics and info. about these dogs. After they fired her, they went to clean out her desk and found all the company supplied office supplies unopened in her desk drawers. She did literally NO work while she was there.

You're right. When I was writing that I went back and edited it to show that it happened 30 years ago. I don't know what would happen today. The world was different then. (not necessarily better)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter