What was the oddest thing a Co-Worker has been fired for?

ducklite

<font color=teal>Take the Poly, it's fabulous!<br>
Because yesterdays "Theft" thread was rather entertaining, I figured I'd try a slightly different angle today.

I worked in a retail store that had a costume that was a "cuddly mascot" that during certain events and seasons someone would wear wround the store. One of the other employees enjoyed wearing it (the rest of us would do just about anything to not have to wear the thing!) and would always volunteer. We later found out why. As pretty teenagers came in to "hug" the "mascot" he would ask for their phone numbers! He ended up with probably 50 or more girls numbers. I can't recall if that was the exact reason he was fired, but it was certainly the straw that broke the camels back! :scared1: :rotfl2:

Anne

I'm a service rep (iow, copier repair man) and years ago we had to let a tech go in NYC. The main reason was he wasn't getting along with the customers. He couldn't understand why he was let go because he was kicked out of only 6 customers (and told not to come back)!!

We had a girl fired once for not adhering to dress code. I mean really not adhering. Apparently she did not like undergarments:scared1:

How old was he?

I once worked with a guy who got fired for sucking a bunch of helium out of a helium tank used to fill balloon. I can think of other, odder situations, but I can't post them here.

20-ish. Old enough to know better.

Anne

body odor:scared: This was the ripest man on the face of the planet. Me and a few others had to work very closely with him in a lab that was tight quarters.....honestly, there were times I thought I was going to hurl:eek: I would smell like him all day. We found out he had no medical condition, just didn't believe in man made forms of hygiene:sad2: He would bath with rocks?:scared1: personally, I think they fell out of his head:hippie:

Eons ago, working in a huge factory, my co-worker reported that someone was using the large (about 30" x 30") packing cartons in the near deserted materials mezzanine, as a toilet! Eeewwww! so gross!:scared:
It happened several times before the company had a camera installed and caught the "mad pooper" (only we didn't say 'pooper' ;) )

It turned out to be a guy in his late 20's!

I remember being verryyy careful going into any packing cartons! :lmao:

Jean

I'm a service rep (iow, copier repair man) and years ago we had to let a tech go in NYC. The main reason was he wasn't getting along with the customers. He couldn't understand why he was let go because he was kicked out of only 6 customers (and told not to come back)!!

Hey thats what I do as well. (well not making customers mad at me but a copier tech 23 years)

Our is everything from falling a sleep in accounts to behind the wheel of company van at a redlight at 2am. I think the best was a guy took his company car on vacation ,didn't report it and hid the miles during the month. But he used the company gas card while down the beach. When they looked at his milage report and didn't show him down there they launched a fruad report. Gas station send them pictures of him and his company car at their location.

Well...I hire and fire. I'll give you my wierdest employee story. I didn't have to fire the employee...they realized it was coming and quit. I went into the office unexpectedly one day (it was a 24/7 company). When I walked in, I found two employees in a VERY compromising situation.:scared1: I turned around and walked back out...I wasn't sure of exactly how to react (I was a relatively new supervisor). They both jumped up and got decent. The one that was...um...ah...well initiating the contact quit the next day. He didn't leave, but I told him that we would never discuss it again (he was a good employee). The worst thing is that they were both married, not to each other, and the female employee had just given birth to twins a couple of months earlier.

We had a girl get fired for showing "pictures of her boyfriend" that he had sent to her on her camera phone to other employees.

A. Why??? It's not like it's the prettiest thing in the world to look at.
B. Doesn't anyone have any common sense??

Well...I hire and fire. I'll give you my wierdest employee story. I didn't have to fire the employee...they realized it was coming and quit. I went into the office unexpectedly one day (it was a 24/7 company). When I walked in, I found two employees in a VERY compromising situation.:scared1: I turned around and walked back out...I wasn't sure of exactly how to react (I was a relatively new supervisor). They both jumped up and got decent. The one that was...um...ah...well initiating the contact quit the next day. He didn't leave, but I told him that we would never discuss it again (he was a good employee). The worst thing is that they were both married, not to each other, and the female employee had just given birth to twins a couple of months earlier.

I hope the "father" of the twins got a paternity test.:lmao: :lmao:

I have another--this one is a doozy!

I worked for a small consulting firm in NYC. The president's assistant was Romanian. She had a Romanian accent, Romanian features, Romanian name. She SWORE she was French. If this girl was French, then I'm Swedish! :rotfl2:

Anyhow, we had international clients, and whenever one of the clients from France called, she had every excuse in the book not to speak French to them. Like duh, she didn't know the language. ;)

The lies got bigger and bigger, and we all knew it. She told us she was going to visit her parents in France over Christmas break (on her employee application it listed her parents address in Queens as an emergency contact), and even brought in a suitcase saying she was going directly to the airport from work. One of our co-workers ran into her in a store between Christmas and New Years, and she denied being her! :rotfl: :confused3

Finally the last straw was when she told one of our clients that she had been promoted to Vice President of the company and made all the financial decisions. She was sent packing the next day. Turns out she had been selling company intellectual property to our competition, and to make a long story short, when they tried to serve lawsuit papers on her, she had been deported--not to France, but back to Romania! :lmao: :lmao:

Anne

I hope the "father" of the twins got a paternity test.:lmao: :lmao:

It would be an Anna Nicole situation...after she left I found out she was having an affair with another employee as well....:rotfl:

We had two employees having an affair. It happens, no biggie (but it did give us things to talk about).

All was well until they decided to take pictures of their escapades...and store them on the office's shared drive.

Being absent from work for more than 3 days because she was in intensive care fighting for her life after a very serious car accident..

:rotfl: Well, the first time I worked as a camp counselor it was very "drama-fied". Within two weeks, one guy, a life guard, got fired for telling kids they could swim in the water where we would canoe at. :scared1: . The lake, or maybe it was more like a pond.. Was rumored to have gators in it. He was already in trouble for letting a kid hop the fence to get something from the pool. Plus he cussed in front of a few kids sometimes.

Then the next day, one of the guy counselors got in trouble for farting on a childs head. :eek: :eek: . Very gross, but the child was one of our bad ones... but still, YUCK! He didn't get fired, but he had a warning.

Then, the next week Two of the girl counselors quit on the same day. :eek: . That year was a dozy. The woman in charge begged one of the other guy counselors (Not the one that farted on the kids head, thank goodness) to come back, and we did last year. :)

Last year no one quit or got fired.. Or farted on anyone's head. It was pretty nice. :rotfl:

Being absent from work for more than 3 days because she was in intensive care fighting for her life after a very serious car accident..

That is so wrong. :sad2:

Anne

My girlfreind's husband was fired from his grocery store job because he shoplifted a package of football cards. Hello like 89 cents! what was he thinking????:confused3

We had a contract employee "fired" after it was discovered, caught red handed, that he was the one sneaking into various conference rooms periodically and running up a couple thousand dollars worth of "phone sex" charges to Russia each month on the conference room phones. I couple of weeks after he was frog-marched off the property a thick package from Russia, of what we presume were photos from this russian "girlfriend", arrived here addressed to the guy... it was dispatched to the trash unopened. :eek: :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter