What to pair with DL trip?

Gonna jump in to also recommend SD over exploring LA. Recently learned about a scenic train between SD and Anaheim that might be perfect for a more leisurely travel pace. October is still a typically lovely weather period, so if you are more in the October time-frame the weather will be much more summer-like for you coming from Toronto than it will be fall-like. November and December get into more fall-like weather for those of us used to northern climates (I'm originally from Washington state, but lived in Columbus, OH and visited Toronto multiple times while there). I found early October to be summer-like, and I've found early December to be fall-like.

Gonna jump in to also recommend SD over exploring LA. Recently learned about a scenic train between SD and Anaheim that might be perfect for a more leisurely travel pace. October is still a typically lovely weather period, so if you are more in the October time-frame the weather will be much more summer-like for you coming from Toronto than it will be fall-like. November and December get into more fall-like weather for those of us used to northern climates (I'm originally from Washington state, but lived in Columbus, OH and visited Toronto multiple times while there). I found early October to be summer-like, and I've found early December to be fall-like.

Perfect, thanks, I'll look into the trian - I think someone mentioned it on this thread or I may have seen it on another. I love the idea of October as we haven't done Disney during Halloween and it has been a dream of mine - and it feels like it would be better to do it, weather wise, in Anaheim vs WDW. We are thinking about leaving on Canadian Thanksgiving, but I think that overlaps with some state school breaks, or else end of October, which usually has a PD day here, so one less school day to miss. This is all in 2022 though, so lots of time to think. I'm so used to the WDW mentality of planning a year ahead! I think our back ups will be early Dec or else Jan 2022, depending on the pandemic and our work schedules.

There are some great wine tours near San Diego. Temecula is a great area. I know you will have a wee one with you but the wine tours we went on were family friendly. One stop had chocolate pairings the children could participate in with their Shirley Temple and another vineyard had puppies. We loved that. I don't remember the name of the company though. One place I skipped the wine and went shopping while my significant other did wine tastings. Some offered lunch and some you can eat on your own within a time range.
Hi just wondered if you remembered the name of wine tour with the chocolate pairings and the one with the puppies? thanks

Perfect, thanks, I'll look into the trian - I think someone mentioned it on this thread or I may have seen it on another. I love the idea of October as we haven't done Disney during Halloween and it has been a dream of mine - and it feels like it would be better to do it, weather wise, in Anaheim vs WDW. We are thinking about leaving on Canadian Thanksgiving, but I think that overlaps with some state school breaks, or else end of October, which usually has a PD day here, so one less school day to miss. This is all in 2022 though, so lots of time to think. I'm so used to the WDW mentality of planning a year ahead! I think our back ups will be early Dec or else Jan 2022, depending on the pandemic and our work schedules.

I would drive from Anaheim to SD, rather than taking the train.

It allows you to visit Legoland on your "transit day", rather than dedicating a day to it in San Diego (since it's in Carlsbad - between SD and OC).

Also, you'll need a car in SD in any event.

Hi just wondered if you remembered the name of wine tour with the chocolate pairings and the one with the puppies? thanks

I haven't gone on a tour but there are great family friendly wineries in Temecula. Pelzer has a Pumpkin festival with all kinds of kids activities in October, and another for Christmas in December. Longshadow has a petting zoo and playground and several others have playgrounds where kids can hang out while parents taste. For breweries, if you go to the Wild Animal Park in Escondido (highly recommend) stop and eat/drink at Stone. They have a great restaurant and huge gardens the kids love running around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter