What To Do When Waitlisted

julie.uk

Mouseketeer
Hi
I called MS yesterday and waitlisted the resort I wanted and booked my home resort as a back up.
What should I do now, sit and wait to see if the waitlist comes through?
or call each day?
Ive never been in this position before so don't know what the rules say or if indeed there are any.
Hoping someone who has been in this position will come along with advice.

Also I notice I cannot see the waitlist on my account so assume the only time I would see it is if it comes through and the change would automatically take place, is this correct?:confused3

It doesnt show up on your account, but the waitlist is there. We've been waitlisted many times, either to add a night, or for different resorts than booked as is your case. The few times I've called MS to inquire they've always said, "I see your waitlist, nothing is open." But of the 4 or 5 times we've gone on the WL, all but one have come through. Granted, we are local and are usually only staying one or 2 nights, which probably makes it easier than if you are staying an entire week.

I have 2 waitists for single days and they aren't as easy to get as one would suppose! I hope you fare better than my luck has been so far!!! We're 3 weeks away from one of the nights!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We've had several waitlists that have come through, even the BWV & BCV for Thanksgiving week & 2nd week of December!
Okay, most times (even last year) we were NOT called by MS to say the waitlist came through:confused3 We're callers, so we found out that way.
One waitlist did not come through 'til a week--6 days to be precise-- before our stay

I would call:goodvibes

Jean

We've had several waitlists that have come through, even the BWV & BCV for Thanksgiving week & 2nd week of December!
Okay, most times (even last year) we were NOT called by MS to say the waitlist came through:confused3 We're callers, so we found out that way.
One waitlist did not come through 'til a week--6 days to be precise-- before our stay

I would call:goodvibes

Jean
MS no longer calls to confirm if your wait list comes through. They automatically confirm it and should mail out a paper confirmation. When I have dates that are wait listed, I check the member website to see if the reservation is listed there.

MS no longer calls to confirm if your wait list comes through. They automatically confirm it and should mail out a paper confirmation. When I have dates that are wait listed, I check the member website to see if the reservation is listed there.

Ditto on this! A month ago we made a ressie for Memorial Day week and had to waitlist a few nights. MS told me they would automatically switch the ressie once the waitlist came through, and that I would be notified with a new confirmation in the mail....or I could keep checking the DVC website to see if it switched. They also when I wanted the waitlist to expire....30 days before the trip, or 7 days before. We requested 7 days before. Once the 7 days before hits, I believe you can call day-to-day to keep trying. Hope that helps!

Oh - and we have always gotten our waitlists!!! We will see what happens with this one! ;)

Hi
I called MS yesterday and waitlisted the resort I wanted and booked my home resort as a back up.
What should I do now, sit and wait to see if the waitlist comes through?
or call each day?
Ive never been in this position before so don't know what the rules say or if indeed there are any.
Hoping someone who has been in this position will come along with advice.
Also I notice I cannot see the waitlist on my account so assume the only time I would see it is if it comes through and the change would automatically take place, is this correct?:confused3

Julie,
Whether or not I made a special call to MS to check on the status of the W-L would depend on a couple of things.

One would be how soon before the reservation is take place--if it is months from now, I would just check my dvcmember. com account on a daily basis. Closer in like within 7 days --(assuming a 7 day drop vs 31 day drop) when the W-L drops off, I would call on a daily basis.

The other factor is if I was able to W-L everything I wanted. For example, if I had a ressie for a BCV studio and I wanted a ressie for any BWV studio, I would only be able to W-L 2 room categories. I would most likely pick PV and maybe SV, but if BW View became available my W-L wouldn't capture it, so I might call back periodically and check on that (though--this strategy would only work if by some off chance there was nobody on the W-L for BW view, so there would be a low probablilty of success.)

Other than what I've detailed above, I would probably only make an inquire with MS if I were already calling them for something else.

Hi thank you everyone who answered,

I must admit whilst waiting for your answers yesterday I called MS, who confirmed that my resort choice was not available but said they could waitlist me, I mentioned that I was already waitlisted and rang off ,but if I was indeed waitlisted should they not have been able to see that? they already asked for my account number etc, also nobody has asked if I wanted 30 days or 7, mmm I am thinking I might call just to check it is actually waitlisted and ask about the 30 v 7 day option.

Thank you for all of your help.
Regards Julie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter