What to do in Nassau with 3 boys 6,10,11

boysx3

Earning My Ears
We will be on the 4/10 Wonder and was wondering if there is anything inexpensive to do in Nassau or if it might be fun just to stay on the boat. Any ideas? :earsboy:

Cheap and Nassau? That's a hard one unless you ask a cab driver to take you to a local (free) beach. We've never done that so I'm not sure about safety.

We do love to stay on the boat while everyone else is out combing through the Atlantis resort. It will be the only time you can enjoy the pool with no crowd, get a lounge chair and have a nice quiet lunch.

If $$ is not an object, I would get a day room at the Atlantis resort (probably about $150-$250) and enjoy the great pools and slides (this is our plan for Dec).

Whatever you decide, you won't regret it! Enjoy!

I did not care for Nassua - if I ever return - especially with my kids - I would stay on the boat!

DH and I went on a cruise in 1995, got off the ship in Nassau and hated it!

So when we took the kids on DCL last summer, we stayed on the ship...I thought it was great...felt like we had to whole place to ourselves.

We cruise again in November and DS wants to get off in Nassau.....I think the curiousity of not getting off is killing him....So we'll get off, wander through the straw market/shops...then probably get back on the ship.

We have 4 boys, we got off the boat for about an hour, to walk through the straw market and let them see the small area they did see, we then went back to the boat and enjoyed the non crowded areas.

from what I have read, you can get off the ship and take a bus to Cable Beach. There is a hotel there The Wyndom, that will let you use their beach and pool area I believe, at no charge. I think you have to bring your own towels though.

My personal preference is to stay on the ship when docked in Nassau.

However, if your boys enjoy the beach, you can head to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island for relatively little money. Cabbage Beach is near Atlantis Paradise (you can't use their pools, but you can sneak a peak!) The beach is clean, locals will rent chairs, you can jet ski, you can banana boat or you can just enjoy the water (it is generally fairly wavy.) It is easy to get to...just take either a land or water taxi from the port to Paradise Island. The land taxi will drop you right at the beach. The water taxi drops you about a half mile from the beach. Both are fairly inexpensive...we've done both. The water taxi is nice because you get a little tour of the area on your way over. The land taxi is nice because it is faster.

Whatever you decide, Happy Sailing! :banana:

Stay on the Boat !! We sent DS-7 and DD-5 to the Club and walked around with DS-13. We thought it was nasty and were back on the boat within the hour.

DH and I really do not like Nassau. We also felt that going on excursions would be "too busy" on a 3 day. After reading this board, we really wanted to stay on the ship. That being said, our boys wanted to get off to say they had been there. here's what we did....

We stayed on the ship and enjoyed it because it was relatively quiet. We did a lot of activities, kids (11 & 8) went swimming/sliding (40 times for my 11y/o-LOL), and went to the clubs, ate, ate some more... 13 y/o had a great time exploring and hanging out with new friends.

We agreed to meet in the room at 3:30 to go to Nassau. When we got off the ship, there was no line at all, we were not harrassed by any locals when we got through the terminal(?) building--and I have very long, unbraided hair. We went to DelSol-the store where they have all of the color change items (sunlight changes the otherwise white clothes into vibrant colors--they are very cool), the kids got souveniers there. Then we went back to the ship, but walked around it first, checking out the anchors, the murals and the characters hanging onto the ship, and taking fabulous pictures of the family by the ship. When we got back on the ship, it was only 4:30--and we got on with no line.

That plan satisfied all of us, and there was no rushing or stress involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter