What to do about ear pain upon take off & landing???

Mimmiemommy

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I just got back from a 4 day stay at WDW which was great. We just got back this evening and I really needed to ask if anyone else had this problem. My DD (19 months old) ears were killing her upon decent. I know I'm supposed to try to give her a bottle and that did work 9 months ago when she took her first flight but now she doesn't listen to me when I ask her to drink so her ears won't hurt. She still uses a pacifier and I heard that's supposed to help too but she was crying so much she wouldn't suck on it. What can I do? We're going back in August and I really don't want her to be in so much pain.

Thanks!

and search this forum on ear pain.
Long thread about 2 weeks ago

They make EarPlane in two sizes, one for little children. Check them out at RiteAid, Wal-Mart, etc. If you can't find them, you can check them out at www.drugstore.com and do a search on EarPlanes. I have a 3 year old, and I won't fly without her using them.

My sister (she is a pharmacist) recommended giving an antihistamine/decongestent thirty minutes before take-off. It worked wonderfully for my then 4 year old. He had no problems. This reduces the fluid in the ear canal and the estachian tube, therefore he did not have any pain. Any over the counter will work. I think we used Sudafed.

Thanks so much! I really hated seeing her in all that pain, I'll try anything so it doesn't hurt.

Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter