What to bring to a Walt DisneyWorld Honeymoon

Charmagne

Mouseketeer
First time Disney World guests here! We're going in October, just in time for the Food & Wine Fest. From your past experience, I'd like to know what items you lovely Disney World patrons bring when you go to the parks! And if you have any advice for first timers, that'd be great too, thanks!

How exciting for you!!! I suggest a good smaller bag to carry your essentials. I like one of those mostly flat, cross-body smaller bags for essentials like credit cards or lip balm (these would be my essentials). I do not do the large bag for water, snacks, etc. as I like to travel light.

Good walking shoes - probably a couple pair per person so you can change them up every other day. Wearing the same shoes every day can be hard on your feet and body.

General advice - look online for park maps to get the lay of the land ahead of time. You may still want a map at the parks but this will give you a head start.
Decide before you go which parks you are going to on each day and plan FP+ ressies and meal ressies well before your trip.

Plan something special for the two of you that commemorates your marriage! Whether that is a nice dinner at a signature restaurant off the beaten path or even just a relaxed stroll around the World Showcase in Epcot or around your resort, plan something that does not have a hectic pace so you can enjoy each other and your surroundings :)
Having been to WDW many times, I find that a person can get carried away by the rides and attractions and hectic pace and your trip can seem so fast and over so soon! Much like many who get married and have a traditional bigger wedding, you plan and plan for so long for a WDW trip and the time seems to fly by and details are forgotten due to the pace of things. Take a breath and enjoy it while you are there because it goes by much too quickly!!

How exciting for you!!! I suggest a good smaller bag to carry your essentials. I like one of those mostly flat, cross-body smaller bags for essentials like credit cards or lip balm (these would be my essentials). I do not do the large bag for water, snacks, etc. as I like to travel light.

Good walking shoes - probably a couple pair per person so you can change them up every other day. Wearing the same shoes every day can be hard on your feet and body.

General advice - look online for park maps to get the lay of the land ahead of time. You may still want a map at the parks but this will give you a head start.
Decide before you go which parks you are going to on each day and plan FP+ ressies and meal ressies well before your trip.

Plan something special for the two of you that commemorates your marriage! Whether that is a nice dinner at a signature restaurant off the beaten path or even just a relaxed stroll around the World Showcase in Epcot or around your resort, plan something that does not have a hectic pace so you can enjoy each other and your surroundings :)
Having been to WDW many times, I find that a person can get carried away by the rides and attractions and hectic pace and your trip can seem so fast and over so soon! Much like many who get married and have a traditional bigger wedding, you plan and plan for so long for a WDW trip and the time seems to fly by and details are forgotten due to the pace of things. Take a breath and enjoy it while you are there because it goes by much too quickly!!

Thanks Stacy, I'm not planning to pack heavily, at the parks, I've got everything you say, I'm just wondering if i'm missing anything crucial to consider bringing to the honeymoon in general.

Crucial ... hmmm. If you like wine or champagne, how about a corkscrew (in your checked luggage) for your hotel room and a couple of nicer plastic wine glasses or champagne flutes? Lovely nightwear? A flameless candle or two? Besides the honeymoon romantic-type stuff, I would suggest the same stuff like sunscreen, bathing suits, a hat if you wear them, sunglasses.

Crucial ... hmmm. If you like wine or champagne, how about a corkscrew (in your checked luggage) for your hotel room and a couple of nicer plastic wine glasses or champagne flutes? Lovely nightwear? A flameless candle or two? Besides the honeymoon romantic-type stuff, I would suggest the same stuff like sunscreen, bathing suits, a hat if you wear them, sunglasses.

Maybe a scented candle would smell nice, but i'm not sure what the policy is at the hotels regarding open flames. We're already bringing a corkscrew! DO you know if there's anywhere in the parks (prob epcot) that I could buy a bottle of champagne/wine and have it delivered to my room later that night?

I was thinking that too - that maybe they don't want open flame in the hotel rooms so you could look into a flameless one that also has a nice scent. I'm not sure if they exist but it's worth a google :)
Most, if not all, of the resorts on Disney property have a small liquor/wine section in the food court or essentials shop. It is likely much more than in a traditional liquor store but they have you over a barrel - haha. There are a number of delivery services that can get you what you want but I haven't used one in about 20 years. Way back when, we used a Disney operated department to deliver flowers to a room. I googled that and found "Disney Floral & Gifts" which might be the same thing these days. But there are a ton of private companies that seem to do the same and probably much cheaper. You may want to post this question to this board to see if anyone has any suggestions for a reputable delivery service. But in the end, it might just be cheaper to grab a bottle from the resort's store and do it yourself. OR maybe check with your resort CM when you check in :)

There was a store on the Boardwalk, I don't remember what it was called, and they had the Disney wines. They might deliver it.

You can order a bottle of wine or Champagne for delivery from Private Dining at your resort.

I was thinking that too - that maybe they don't want open flame in the hotel rooms so you could look into a flameless one that also has a nice scent. I'm not sure if they exist but it's worth a google :)
Most, if not all, of the resorts on Disney property have a small liquor/wine section in the food court or essentials shop. It is likely much more than in a traditional liquor store but they have you over a barrel - haha. There are a number of delivery services that can get you what you want but I haven't used one in about 20 years. Way back when, we used a Disney operated department to deliver flowers to a room. I googled that and found "Disney Floral & Gifts" which might be the same thing these days. But there are a ton of private companies that seem to do the same and probably much cheaper. You may want to post this question to this board to see if anyone has any suggestions for a reputable delivery service. But in the end, it might just be cheaper to grab a bottle from the resort's store and do it yourself. OR maybe check with your resort CM when you check in :)
---

Getting things delivered to our room is too pricey, so we might just go with grabbing a bottle at the resort store. Besides, it's a fun activity to pick out the wine ourselves!

Thanks everyone on this board for your suggestions!

Not specific honeymoon advice, just general Disney parks advice: I always always always have a poncho - usually those little emergency ones you can get at WalMart for like $1 each. They're small enough to fit in my little crossbody bag (I love the Vera Bradley's crossbody for Disney personally - they can hold a small water bottle, a granola bar or 2, my wallet, and most small souvenirs I buy without getting too bulky because they're designed to lie flat). When it rains, you'll still get to walk around and not have to hide in the first building you see or have to buy a $15 poncho from Disney. I also wear my poncho on Splash Mountain because I can't stand being wet for the rest of the day.

If you like to chew gum, you need to bring that yourself - they don't sell gum anywhere in the parks, just mints.

I like to have a snack or 2 in my bag, some mixed nuts or a granola bar, just in case. I'm the type of person that if I don't eat pretty regularly, I get super grumpy and achy, so I always have something just in case. I also have a small filtered water bottle I carry most of the time.

I also always have a smallish first aid kit on me - 1-2 band aids, blister band aids, some advil, some immodium and/or pepto bismol. And hand sanitizer.

Bring a bathing suit and flip flops - all resorts have a pool, and lots have a hot tub as well.

And last but not least - Food and Wine Festival is wonderful! So bring extra money to try lots of things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter