What time should we get to each park to rope-drop as OFF-SITE guests?

triciambe

Mouseketeer
We are staying off-site and driving to the parks. What time should we aim to be at each gate in order to rope-drop as off-site guests? So for a regular park entry time of 9AM, should we aim to be parked by 8:15 and at the park gate by 8:30, or even earlier? Is it different depending on the park and how far they'll let you in? I know we'll need to be earlier generally at MK because of the parking situation at TTC.

Thank you!

(We are going in mid-late August, if that makes a difference.)

In general, off site guests are not let in early, although rumors have said the contrary.
I would be in line for the tapstyles at least 30 minutes before your RD.
I would not head to the the most popular rides as the lines will tend to be very long as you have many from EE still in line and now the off site RD.
YMMV.

I'd definitely arrive at least 30 minutes to the park before "park opening", especially at HS and MK (maybe even earlier). They let let us in at 7:30 instead of at 8 for Early Morning hours at HS.

I'd definitely arrive at least 30 minutes to the park before "park opening", especially at HS and MK (maybe even earlier). They let let us in at 7:30 instead of at 8 for Early Morning hours at HS.
But you are not off-site if you got in for Early Morning Hour... that changes things I presume.

But you are not off-site if you got in for Early Morning Hour... that changes things I presume.
Correct, but if they let "on site" guests enter early, they may let "off site" guests in earlier than the posted time". We went an hour before 8 early entry. So, if I was an off site guest I would get there 45 minutes to an hour before "off site" guest time.

Correct, but if they let "on site" guests enter early, they may let "off site" guests in earlier than the posted time". We went an hour before 8 early entry. So, if I was an off site guest I would get there 45 minutes to an hour before "off site" guest time.
That is a bold assumption / guess.

Some of the parks will let everyone in early, such as MK. Then you are held at a different point and screened to let those onsite go to rides. This clears out the entrance and lets guests shop before the park opens. Have not seen this happen at EPCOT. Frequently at AK.

Parking lots open an hour before park opening so I would be there for that. Closer parking & less walking.

Last month Epcot was letting folks in early & holding in front of the fountain area for off site guests.

MK off site start in the Adventureland/Frontierlland side since EE guests do not have access to that area before park opening.

For other parks stack G+ LL and ILLs and arrive 2 -4 hours after park opening.

Thank you, everyone! Looks like we will try to get to the parking lots early or when they open, which should give us enough time to be at least near the "front" of the off-site guest group.
Parking lots open an hour before park opening so I would be there for that. Closer parking & less walking.

Last month Epcot was letting folks in early & holding in front of the fountain area for off site guests.
Do you know if parking lots open an hour before EE time or standard time? Everything I've read online just says "park opening" but not sure if it's for on or off site times.

pening", especially at HS and MK (maybe even earlier).
Thank you, everyone! Looks like we will try to get to the parking lots early or when they open, which should give us enough time to be at least near the "front" of the off-site guest group.

Do you know if parking lots open an hour before EE time or standard time? Everything I've read online just says "park opening" but not sure if it's for on or off site times.
following

I hear if you get to the lots too earlu they turn you away and your now worse off

They open usually 1 hour prior to early entry.

Some of the parks will let everyone in early, such as MK. Then you are held at a different point and screened to let those onsite go to rides. This clears out the entrance and lets guests shop before the park opens. Have not seen this happen at EPCOT. Frequently at AK.
I can confirm this happened at Epcot last week. I know because we were headed to GoTG for our VQ group which was called ridiculously early at 8:10 a.m. and EE didn't start until 8:30 (?!?)

We scanned in around 8:30ish and were behind a huge rope drop crowd already in the park. Then we observed small groups of people getting through so looked for where they were entering - there was a point where CMs were scanning people arriving for EE in. I'm assuming the Land side of Epcot was doing the same thing.

In past experience (pre-summer 2021) toll booths opened 1 hour before opening. When heading to MK we always left 90 minutes early and they'd let us line up at the booths. At DHS they'd make cars circle rather than allow them to line up if arriving prior to 60 minutes early.

Edited to add: We didn't drive on the Epcot day last week, took monorail in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter