What time is check-out and do they hold you to it?

It's true but you can ask for an extension, usually granted during our value season stays, extra hour...

You can pay for an extra couple of hours.

But if you chance it, I believe with the new computer systems the way they are now, you can basically set it to deactivate your card at check-out time, unless you ask or pay for an extension. Disney is like any other business - hotel or resort - they need to clean the room for the next guests.

Cruise lines are even more strict about getting you off the ship for the next guests; on most of them, we have to be off by 9:00 am.

I know our security cards where I work is based that way; if you are a short timer, your card is automatically deactivated at the end of the period you are signed to do a contract.

Check out time is 11 AM at all Disney resorts, and yes, they do hold you to it. You can ask to delay your check out until 1 PM, but this must be requested in advance of your check out day, and is done at the resort's discretion. If they say no, you will have to leave at 11 AM.

If you're staying at a deluxe villa (DVC) resort, late checkout requests will not be granted. The larger rooms take a longer time to clean, so they can't delay housekeeping getting into the room.

Also housekeeping are the ones who approve late check outs, not the front desk. This past Sept, at AKL we asked for a late checkout and they gave us an extra hour, but said we needed to be out of the room by 12N. Twice I've asked for a late check out at Pop and both times was told no, that they needed the room. I was also denied a late check out at POFQ. I never go at busy times, so was surprised. It's strictly up to housekeeping though.

WDW LATE CHECKOUT:

1) DVC rooms do not allow late check-outs.
2) Other resort late checkouts are permitted by Housekeeping, not the Front Desk.
3) It depends upon
. . . number of check-ins and check-outs that day
. . . occupancy of the resort the night before
. . . how nice you talk to Housekeeping
. . . staffing and/or absenteeism of maids
. . . phase of the moon
4) If allowed,
. . . check-out 11:00am-1:00pm, no charge
. . . check-out 1:00pm-3:00pm, up to 50% of the room rate
. . . check-out 3:00pm or later, up to 100% of room rate
5) Housekeeping decides if you will be charged or not be charged a fee.
6) This is done by the Housekeeping Manager after the room is cleaned.
7) You will know if there is a charge when you see the credit card statement.
8) You can store your luggage with Bell Services.
9) When ready to leave, use the pool restroom or spa to shower & change.

NOTE: Regardless of check-out time, you still have access to all resort areas,
transportation, activities, and recreation until midnight on check-out day.

disney will grant an extra 2 hours if u request it ahead of time. I have never been told no. After the 2 hours then u have to pay for a half day room. We always get the 1.00 pm checkout even if we dont use it.:hyper:

disney will grant an extra 2 hours if u request it ahead of time. I have never been told no. After the 2 hours then u have to pay for a half day room. We always get the 1.00 pm checkout even if we dont use it.:hyper:

Just wanted to caution that as stated in above posts, it is not guaranteed and solely depends on the occupancy rate for that night. If you are checking out on a day when the resort is sold out, I bet they won't give you two extra hours at no charge. I believe they can even decline if you are willing to pay. It depends on occupancy rates and housekeeping schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter